Pond Boss
I was just curious how everyone goes about getting heavy habitats like pallets full of large rocks, rip rap, gravel, etc in the location of choice on an existing pond bottom and in the configuration they want? I have a few more pallets and cinder blocks. I would like to get the pallet to a certain spot and pile the cinder blocks, bricks and rocks on it to make a large rock pile. Would like to know what everyone else would do to accomplish this. Thanks.
I don't know any easy way. Float pallet to where you want it wire a few cinder blocks to it to sink it then after you tie on a float to mark location then start piling on the rocks and hope for the best. I have to poor man stuff like that most of the time.
Posted By: RAH Re: Best Method of Installing Heavy Habitat? - 03/11/17 11:28 AM
Up north where we have ice, it is easier.
I'm with Pat. It's labor intensive.
Posted By: snrub Re: Best Method of Installing Heavy Habitat? - 03/11/17 02:28 PM
Telehandler.
Posted By: ewest Re: Best Method of Installing Heavy Habitat? - 03/11/17 04:17 PM
One option is the Ray Scott method.

Drive a post in the pond bottom and attach. Then it will not float off.

See this
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.ph...true#Post448718
Posted By: BrianL Re: Best Method of Installing Heavy Habitat? - 03/12/17 03:41 AM
Use my floating dock, or borrow the neighbors skytrack. Otherwise it would be 2 or 3 at a time on the kayak.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Best Method of Installing Heavy Habitat? - 03/12/17 01:48 PM
Like BrianL, I use my floating pier with a trolling motor to move the big stuff out and into the pond. And like suggested by ewest and Fireishot in his thread with Christmas trees and post. I've also done that in a couple of spots
Posted By: ewest Re: Best Method of Installing Heavy Habitat? - 03/12/17 02:39 PM
Have also used floating pier and jon boat.
© Pond Boss Forum