Pond Boss
Posted By: Rangersedge Pond plans for next year - 12/02/22 11:19 PM
Next year, I hope to take a trackhoe around my biggest pond and eliminate some willows that have been growing along the banks, redo one bank so it can be mowed, dig out a few sediment ponds, fix the dam on one sediment pond that washed out, renovate another pond that I've left dry for a while, restock another pond or two with grass shrimp, and probably do something about a pond that only has green sunfish and smallmouth bass in it (although I don't know what to do with it).

What are your pond plans for next year?
Posted By: FishinRod Re: Pond plans for next year - 12/03/22 01:41 AM
That sounds like a pretty busy weekend!

Are you going to take the rest of the weekends off during 2023 to go fishing?

(Good luck on all of your projects.)
Posted By: anthropic Re: Pond plans for next year - 12/03/22 05:40 AM
Assuming my main pond fills up again -- a big assumption -- I intend to pump water from it to my small forage pond rather than watch that precious liquid wasted going out the stand pipe.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Pond plans for next year - 12/03/22 02:07 PM
Looking for some new steps for rain dancing. We have been in a fairly serious drought in my area.
Posted By: esshup Re: Pond plans for next year - 12/03/22 04:12 PM
Probably drop a well to keep the pond here filled. Dig some production ponds.
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Pond plans for next year - 12/04/22 12:20 AM
Fishingrod: Probably several weekends if can get to them. I need to go fishing much more.
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Pond plans for next year - 12/04/22 12:29 AM
Interesting to hear different parts of country. We've been fortunate here with regard to rain last three years. Probably best three years for crop production ever for this area - all consecutive and all right after family stopped farming and started cash renting out the land (of course!). Year before last, renter reportedly had some soybeans make around 100 bu per acre. Last year, renter had well over 200+ bushel corn average with several areas over 300 bushel per acre. This year, his corn averaged 200 and his beans averaged 75. Both were hurt a little where had too much water. If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it. Our soil is ok; but not that rich black topsoil like some have up north. We've been fortunate to have the rain we've had.
© Pond Boss Forum