Pond Boss
Posted By: Ky_guerrilla What are these pipes - 09/04/22 11:45 AM
Purchasing a property that has an old dried up pond on it. We'd like to eventually get a couple horses and would like to see about repairing this pond for them. It has some pipes sticking up from the bottom of the pond a couple of what looks like 3/4" pipes) and was wondering what they are and if they are related to why it is dried up? I have pictures but they wont upload for somw reason. Never owned a property with a pond so this will be an all new experience for us.

Thanks!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: What are these pipes - 09/04/22 02:27 PM
Pipes might be anything from structure, irrigation, or pier.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: What are these pipes - 09/04/22 07:48 PM
Or dumped trash.
Posted By: esshup Re: What are these pipes - 09/05/22 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by Ky_guerrilla
Purchasing a property that has an old dried up pond on it. We'd like to eventually get a couple horses and would like to see about repairing this pond for them. It has some pipes sticking up from the bottom of the pond a couple of what looks like 3/4" pipes) and was wondering what they are and if they are related to why it is dried up? I have pictures but they wont upload for somw reason. Never owned a property with a pond so this will be an all new experience for us.

Thanks!

The pictures have to be hosted on an on-line site somewhere then they can be put here. I use imgur.
Posted By: gehajake Re: What are these pipes - 09/06/22 03:39 PM
What kind of pipes, metal, PVC or plastic waterline?
Those pipes could very well be the draining of the pond, more then likely a water line run underneath the dam to the backside for a number of purposes including watering livestock or a garden. if the valve has deteriorated over time or just simply broke for any number of reasons, including frozen, it may well be draining your pond.
If it is pvc or plastic pipe it may be repaired easily as the buried part of it may be in decent shape. If it is metal it could very well be rusted out under ground, in which case you might still be able to push a new one thru it and seal around it, or if not needed might be able to dig into the inside of the pond and cap it off and seal the hole sufficiently for it to hold water just fine. Good Luck!
© Pond Boss Forum