Pond Boss
Posted By: Commander Well Water - 07/06/21 01:26 PM
I have a deep well located about 30 ft from my pond to periodically supplement the water level which can run at 25 gallons per minute. The well is connected to a standing hydrant which has a 1-in hose running from it along the top of the ground to the pond's edge. I want to remove the hydrant and just have an underground water line only running to the pond, however the connection to the well is 5 ft down underground which is lower than the elevation at the edge of the pond so it would be running uphill, meaning there would be water in the line even when the pump is shut off and a danger of it freezing where it emerges to daylight. I would like to know if anyone has run such a line into the pond by extending a ditch underwater and how deep the installation was done and keeping it from getting frozen or clogged. Thanks
Posted By: jim100 Re: Well Water - 07/06/21 06:03 PM
My well has two feet of the five inch case sticking out of the ground. The 2 inch metal comes out the top turns and I can make it go where I want with big flexible tube.
There is no pressure tank. On and off switch and a timer. The check valve has been removed so water goes back down pipe to about 30 feet.
© Pond Boss Forum