Pond Boss
Posted By: DoubleDigit Overflow pipe screen ideas - 10/22/20 10:10 PM
Anybody have advice on what to use for an overflow screen? This past weekend i stocked my newly built pond with 1k FHM and 1k hybrid bream fingerlings. I have a 6” pvc pipe for my overflow
Posted By: Zep Re: Overflow pipe screen ideas - 10/22/20 10:35 PM
DoubleDigit.....

I really like these drain products and have two of them.
Well made, relatively cheap, and last forever
Agri Drain Cones

Fingerlings might be able to slip thru the cones, but if you go too small you may have small debris clogging issues.

If you never have debris clogging issues I suppose you could consider this as well.
But be careful with screens, because if it gets clogged, that water is going elsewhere!
Agri Drain drain screens
Posted By: RAH Re: Overflow pipe screen ideas - 10/23/20 10:17 AM
I have one 6" bar guard on a pond and two 4" bar guards on wetlands and also find them useful for keeping debris out of the pipes. I no longer worry about fish washing out. That is just something that happens and does not seem to have much effect on the fish populations in my three ponds. I built cages around the pipes on my two biggest ponds rather than using bar guards to increase the surface area because they get more flow-through during heavy rains and I wanted to reduce the chance of clogging..
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Overflow pipe screen ideas - 10/23/20 11:17 AM
+1 on the Agri-Drain cones for debris denial.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Overflow pipe screen ideas - 10/23/20 11:37 AM
I have 2 ponds with the A-D cones, and I love them. My hatchery pond has very little debris, so I wrapped the cone on it with window screen mesh, and it helps prevent any small fish movement. If it gets grass clippings on it, i just use a cheap leaf rake to clear it from the bank.
© Pond Boss Forum