Pond Boss
Dock has a 16'x5' section connected to a 4'x12" Platform. Has floats on the far ends of the 4'x12' and 2 floats at the head of the walkway / 16'x5' portion.

Bouncing on a far side of the beginning of the walkway produces some twisting / torsion on the walkway to the ... other... section.

Any thoughts on how to minimize this twist that don't involve repositioning the walkway floats / excessive framing?

My thoughts are of the Tacoma Narrows bridge sans oscillating feedback loop

I was going to include an ascii diagram of the framing but it would be way too phallic. I didn't account for that when designing it. I blame Excel.

Inverted truss system using 5/16 or 3/8 solid steel rod. Flats welded to rod ends with a hole. steel bracket with stand-off in center going down about 1.5' (actual length depends on walkway length), rod is bolted solid at one end, welded to center stand-off then bent down and bolted to opposite end.
Both sides need to be done at the same time because after rod is welded in center, walkway has to be jigged in a fashion that allows being loaded "up" slightly in the center so when you attach rod at opposite end and walkway is put back in place it loads the steel rod.
Thank you, that was exactly the answer I was looking for!
Sorry i dont have much input here as I just finished the walk way, 2 - 5x12, just starting on the T section. Can you share a few pics of your build, I want to build a 6'x16' in two sections to join together at the lake..I have to build them at home and transport them 3hr to the lake to unload than float to my land, the 5x12 sections were very difficult to load/unload so I would be in trouble with anything bigger.
Also any input on barrel locations as I have 5 (2 on each end 1 in the middle) on my 12 section but it seems bouncy.
I.T.S. - you can partially fill the barrels with water to take some of the bounce out. It helps alot. The trick is getting the right amount in the first time or making one of the bungs on each barrel accessible so that you can add a couple gallons at a time until you like it.
© Pond Boss Forum