Pond Boss
Posted By: Uncle Shawn Water Well Eastern Texas - 02/11/20 07:02 AM
Greetings Pondmeisters,

I'm currently looking into two properties located in Lamar County to build a home and a pond. I plan to let nature do the business of filling the pond but we'll need a water well for our home. Can anyone shed some light on the subject and share their experiences? Average depth? Cost to drill per foot? GPM? Overall cost? Any information provided would be greatly appreciated. It would really help with mapping out our budget!

Shawn
Posted By: ar_confederate Re: Water Well Eastern Texas - 02/11/20 02:34 PM
We are in NW Louisiana and looked into a well for our property four years ago. It was probably going to be about 125 feet deep or so and the estimate was $9000. Since I wanted solar power or a manual backup pump, that greatly increased the price. I would think $7500 if I had kept it simple.
Posted By: Uncle Shawn Re: Water Well Eastern Texas - 02/12/20 12:15 AM
Ar,

Wow! Never expected such a quick response and helpful information. Thank you so much. I'm looking into solar as well for the property. Something about paying for something that you can get right out of the sky. Lol. Whatever we do, things just got interesting. In one week without putting our house on the market oh, I received two offers to purchase our property. One from a neighbor's brother-in-law and the other just now for someone who bought the 10 acres next door. It seems like the universe wants me to be in Texas fishing on my own Pond! Thank you again brother!

I could always get rid of the missus 3 acre horse pasture and put a pond there? How to be okay with it but not sure about her or the horses! grin

Shawn
Posted By: highflyer Re: Water Well Eastern Texas - 02/12/20 01:00 AM
Shawn

Google

"Lamar County texas aquifer"

Enjoy the info.

B
Posted By: Uncle Shawn Re: Water Well Eastern Texas - 02/12/20 01:16 AM
Highflyer,

Thank you, sir. I'll put that on this evenings homework. I'm hoping since you told me to enjoy it that it's positive. laugh
Posted By: Chris Steelman Re: Water Well Eastern Texas - 02/12/20 02:01 AM
Shawn,

What areas are you looking at in Lamar county? My families property borders Lamar county so I imagine the aquifer would be the same. We are getting some government funding for wells on our property. Once we get further along in the process I’ll give an update.
Posted By: Uncle Shawn Re: Water Well Eastern Texas - 02/12/20 02:06 AM
Chris,

That would be incredible! One property is in Sumner and the other is in I believe Brookston. Thank you.

Shawn
© Pond Boss Forum