Pond Boss
Posted By: Cypressjeff Pond Landscaping - 08/06/18 10:55 PM
Is there a thread on this already? If not, Lets see some Pics!
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Pond Landscaping - 08/07/18 02:56 PM
This may not be exactly what your looking for, but it's close. The first photo was taken as the pond was filling up (2017) and I was hustling to get some structure and rip-rap put in place...

Here it is today from a similar angle with the full swing of summer in play and the addition of the dock: My rock landscaping efforts hidden by mother nature's counter efforts...

And, a close-up...

And, a little rock work around the pump house...

Attached picture Pond 01.jpg
Attached picture Pond 02.jpg
Attached picture Pumphouse.jpg
Posted By: Cypressjeff Re: Pond Landscaping - 08/08/18 10:56 AM
That is exactly what I am looking for. Your pond looks great! I just need some ideas on how to make my pond look nice.
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Pond Landscaping - 08/08/18 03:49 PM
Thanks for the compliment!

For the most part, mother nature has done most of the work with the exception of the rock placement. Some mowing, weed whacking, and pulling out willow trees, cattails, and thorny/poisonous things are all I have done for the vegetation unless you count a mostly failed attempt to plant the aquatic veggies that I wanted. Those efforts yielded two puny sprigs of Pickerel weed.

Placing the rip-rap along the shore and into the water down to 18 inches at full pool has also helped keep plant-life from consuming the shallow waters...we'll see how long it lasts;)
Posted By: snrub Re: Pond Landscaping - 08/08/18 05:51 PM
That is a nice looking pond Quarter Acre. I read this thread and my idea of landscaping involves a D6 BULLDOZER so figured my input would not help. grin

I really like the Arrowhead. Planted several plots of it around my main pond, it took hold and as soon as the water raised a little the two grass carp I have/had promptly ate it. Did not plant it in my RES pond and I have two bunches started on its own, I assume from birds bringing in the seed. Go figure.
Posted By: KRM1985 Re: Pond Landscaping - 08/08/18 07:39 PM
My landscaping consists of a picnic table. If I am mowing I strategically place my tractor for a shot lol.

Posted By: Zep Re: Pond Landscaping - 08/08/18 07:56 PM
Love the rustic pump house and the tractor pic looks like a postcard
Posted By: keilecpod Re: Pond Landscaping - 03/30/21 08:00 AM
My dad and I know a few ponds where you can catch a good catch.
Posted By: RAH Re: Pond Landscaping - 03/30/21 10:26 AM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Pond Landscaping - 03/30/21 01:06 PM
As usual RAH, that is just beautiful!
Posted By: RAH Re: Pond Landscaping - 03/30/21 06:30 PM
Well, the beaver took their toll on my water lilies last year, so they will need time to recover, as will a couple bald cypress. They are destructive critters... Nice to have spring on the way!
Posted By: gehajake Re: Pond Landscaping - 11/02/23 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by FelicityMassey
I don't see a thread on this yet, but sharing pics of pond landscaping is a fantastic idea.

I think you just successfully brought it back to the surface, hopefully some of these guys will post more pics, I'm sure there are way more out there to be had.
My pond is pretty plain, just some floating shore line plants.
Posted By: IndianaChris Re: Pond Landscaping - 11/07/23 04:41 AM
Can someone please tell me how to post a new thread?
Posted By: FishinRod Re: Pond Landscaping - 11/07/23 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by IndianaChris
Can someone please tell me how to post a new thread?

Login.

Click on the "Forums" page to view each of the topic categories. Pick the category that most closely matches the subject matter of your post, and then click on that sub-forum.

Your page should then show a bunch of topics within that sub-forum. Look closely at the top left of your page. Click on the blue button that says, "New Thread".

When your new thread opens, type a brief descriptive title and then make your post!
© Pond Boss Forum