Pond Boss
Posted By: gklop Opportunities when the water is low - 07/13/16 07:48 PM
So, with the near drought conditions I'm having in Ohio I have taken the opportunity to get some pond work done while the water is about 2 ft low. I'm just about done clearing all of the cattails and scooping muck that I can reach. Does anybody have any suggestions of other things I might want to do to take advantage of the low water? If not, I'm excited to turn on the well and git er filled back up.

Thanks
structure placement?
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Opportunities when the water is low - 07/13/16 08:54 PM
You might find this thread helpful:

recent thread
Posted By: peachgrower Re: Opportunities when the water is low - 07/13/16 08:57 PM
Just a thought. I may try this. My pond has dropped a lot also. It has also slowed way down dropping and has seemed to nearly stabilize. That tells me any seepage must be in the upper few feet of bank and or dam. My pond only just filled to spillway this spring. I may take this time to get some sodium bentonite to go around this area...maybe sealing it off. I'm sure there are a lot of other things you can do that the experts will chime in on.
Posted By: gklop Re: Opportunities when the water is low - 07/14/16 02:45 AM
Thanks for the thoughts and the link. I missed that recent thread. I'm thinking new dock posts. I've been wanting a bigger dock. Regarding adding bentonite around the edge, does it need to be packed in or could it be raked in?
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Opportunities when the water is low - 07/14/16 11:16 AM
gklop. we're cleaning the pond banks, and moving existing cover as our water level drops during the summer. Areas that required a brush cutter 6 weeks ago are now mowable, and much easier to maintain.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: Opportunities when the water is low - 07/14/16 12:14 PM
My pond is down right now as well. Good time to plant any vegetation you might want to get going.
© Pond Boss Forum