Pond Boss
Posted By: roadjoker22 Cabin next to my pond. - 02/03/11 04:42 AM
So it all started back in 2009 working a 16 hour shift on a friday night due to the 3rd shift guy calling off and me getting stuck working. his shift. The guy i was working with that night asked me if i wanted to look at one fo his newspaers on our lunch break. I said ya what the hell. whil browsing through the classifieds i stummbled across and add: 5.5 acres in southern ohio, flat ground in hill country, 15 minutes off I-77 MUST SELL 8,500$ I couldnt belive what i was seeing. So I gave the guy a call the next day on when i got to work on 2nd shift and got directions to go look at it. 8:00pm rolls around i got 2 1/2 hours left on my shift, all pumped up to go down and look at the property and wouldnt you know the guy on 3rd shift calls off again! 2 16's in a row. so 6:30am rolls around and i call my dad up and said lets go look at that property. walked it that day and called the guy with my eyes held open with tooth pics and told him consider it sold. a few weeks later i went back down to have the county put me in a culvert for the drve way and there was a for sale sign in the peice next to mine. i figured how many times does your neibors place go up for sale cheap enough to buy it and he already had a culvert and drive cut it just no gravel. So i bought his 5 acres. LOL. needless to say when I got home and told the wife the drive way cost me 14,000$ she had a stroke until i told her it came with 5 acres. Since that 2 months of dealing with lawyers and title searches we have been at kit hard. building, digging and playing. Here are some picks of my dream come true sooner then expected

Description: I had Alpine Structures build the cabin and the barn. cabin is 24x22 and the barn is 16x24. I finished the inside and had to paint them. but built on sight tax out the door was 12,900$ for both buildings and paint
Attached picture DSCF3120.JPG

Description: The built the cabin in 6 hours, that was with there 30 minute lunch break
Attached picture DSCF3126.JPG
Attached picture DSCF3148.JPG
Attached picture DSCF3151.JPG

Description: here is me and my wife standing next to the barn being built, it was built in 3 1/2 hours
Attached picture 0412000746.jpg
Posted By: roadjoker22 Re: Cabin next to my pond. - 02/03/11 04:58 AM
Some more pics of the cabin, and the 2nd floor deck

Description: Had to have the 2nd floor deck its great sittin up there enjoying a cold one. Yes that was my camo cadilac in the back round lol
Attached picture DSCF3200.JPG

Description: dad taking another union break!
Attached picture DSCF3208.JPG

Description: oops, forgot a 4x4. will add that later
Attached picture DSCF3214.JPG

Description: This is dads favorite thing to do off the deck
Attached picture GEDC0107.JPG

Description: Heres what the deck looks like finished lookin at the raod and are bon fire pit
Attached picture GEDC0134.JPG
Posted By: roadjoker22 Re: Cabin next to my pond. - 02/03/11 05:06 AM
Some pics of the inside at the start. dad and I did all the work are sleves, besides having it built. we put in the eltric service, foundation, 2nd floor deck, wiring, insulation, wood burner furance, and all the other things that make it complete

Description: up stairs
Attached picture DSCF3165.JPG

Description: down stairs
Attached picture DSCF3187.JPG

Description: electric breaker box
Attached picture DSCF3190.JPG

Description: first string of outlets, finished wiring that run that evening with a boat batterie and a power inverter running a light bulb lol. power company hadnt hooked up yet
Attached picture DSCF3191.JPG
Posted By: roadjoker22 Re: Cabin next to my pond. - 02/03/11 05:13 AM
Here some pics of the 1st deer season before it was done

Description: Looks my like a work shop then a cabin
Attached picture 1218092222.jpg

Description: My buddy Jerry called this female yote in across the hey filled and let her have with the in-line knight .50 cal
Attached picture GEDC0084.JPG

Description: A couple big Does
Attached picture GEDC0089.JPG
Posted By: RC51 Re: Cabin next to my pond. - 02/03/11 05:25 AM
Joker,

Very cool dude!!

What brand name is that stove! I really like it. That is exaclty what I want in my cabin. How big is your cabin footage wise?
Posted By: roadjoker22 Re: Cabin next to my pond. - 02/03/11 05:29 AM
Here are pics of the inside semi finished, need to take some new pics now that its done. I used 7/16 OSB because in he winter it was down to like $4.50 a sheet. almost dry wall prices and no finishing, I had some ceramic tile left over from my rental properties so the first floor got tiled. Makes for an easy clean up! i used slab wood from a lumber mill to cover up all the seems between the OSB. The wood burner i got off graigls list for 500$ its a regency high effincy and heats the cabin up great. -10 dgrees and it was 80 inside. i also insulated it very well to. most of all the materials came from menards, I love that place. PS the floor model TV got replaced with a 50 inch wall mount plazma on black friday!

Description: wood burner in the corner, dont have them up but i hung up all my great granpas coal mining gear and tools up on the fake brick
Attached picture GEDC0174.JPG

Description: heres left to right, Grandma, Dad, and the Boss
Attached picture GEDC0177.JPG

Description: heres some of are tile work. when you dont have enough of one color mix and match lol
Attached picture GEDC0111.JPG

Description: up stairs slab wood work
Attached picture GEDC0178.JPG

Description: up stairs door to 2nd floor deck
Attached picture GEDC0183.JPG
Posted By: roadjoker22 Re: Cabin next to my pond. - 02/03/11 05:35 AM
Here are some pics of the outside done. we have been hanging old farm tools on the cabin and barn. the flag pole is well casin. 15 foot of 4 inch to 10 foot of 3 inch to 10 foot of 2 inch and a solar globe light at the top.

Attached picture 1010101804.jpg

Description: 35 foot flag pole with a 6x10 flag looks good from the state route!
Attached picture 1010101805.jpg
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Cabin next to my pond. - 02/03/11 11:15 AM
I like it. Well done!
Posted By: Rainman Re: Cabin next to my pond. - 02/03/11 01:55 PM
Lookin' great!!!!
Posted By: scott69 Re: Cabin next to my pond. - 02/03/11 02:11 PM
that looks great. simple folks like me could call that home.

what is the pipe on the right side(outside) of the house? looks like it may come from the ground up to top floor?
Posted By: roadjoker22 Re: Cabin next to my pond. - 02/03/11 02:43 PM
Thanks guys, Oh i definatly could live there!and it feals like somtimes i do working on theses projects. Dont have septic or water yet but thats in the future. Bought to old fiber glass porta potts, one is for the ladies and the second one is for takin care of buisness( my wife kept complaing it smelled so I bought her her own) My buddy jerrys cabin is about 20 minutes away and its 8x12. we call it the shed lol. lets just say its a little cramped with 2 guys in it. The silver pipe on the side of building between the barn and the cabin is the furnace pipe. State farm made me put in a furnace, in order to have the wood burner. So now the wood burner is a "secondary" heat source to them! what a joke if you ask me. The furnace gets ran 1 time of year, shot gun season and i keep it set on 60 just so the cabin isnt freazing when we ge back in if we have been hunting all day and the wood burner didnt get filled.
Posted By: Zep Re: Cabin next to my pond. - 02/03/11 03:37 PM
It's nice to see a person's dream come true.
Thanks for sharing the pictures. You're lucky
to have such a supportive wife. You will get
many years of enjoyment out of this and it sounds
like you did all of it for relatively very little money.
Congrats!
Posted By: roadjoker22 Re: Cabin next to my pond. - 02/03/11 04:05 PM
Thanks Zep, Ya i always wanted a cabin and some land, ever since i was young. No one in my family hunts and my Dad would take me out fishing as a kid, but know one in my family was realy into outdoors stuff. Not sure how I got so intrested in it, but i love it. As far as my wife she is ver suportive in what I do! Hell she was down the one night when I was wiring the cabin up by the light of a single bulb, boat batterry and a invertor and she was 8 months pregnat! here is a pic of are first dinner at the cabin that night we wiring it up lol. By the way thats Tula my deaf and crazy blue healer!

Description: My wife and Tula the first night we stayed at the cabin
Attached picture DSCF3195.JPG

Description: spent many a nights on this thing. Im glad to have a nice bed down there now lol
Attached picture DSCF3198.JPG
Posted By: dracor Re: Cabin next to my pond. - 02/08/11 03:36 AM
I hear ya! My goal was to provide my kids and family with an outdoor sanctuary where they could hunt and fish and just enjoy God's creation. Had this place bult from scratch and really enjoy sitting on the porch watching the sun come up over the pond..

Attached picture 028.JPG
Attached picture 004.JPG
Attached picture 013.JPG
Attached picture 017.JPG
Attached picture 032.JPG
Posted By: roadjoker22 Re: Cabin next to my pond. - 02/08/11 04:53 AM
dracor, your place looks great! Ya I had a interesting weekend at my place. got down there and all the freezing rain and rain running off my hill sides ran down into my pond and melted all my ice so my building the dock on the ice project has now turned into ddraging the dock up in the yard with my truck project lol. will post pics under dock section very interesting.
Posted By: dracor Re: Cabin next to my pond. - 02/08/11 02:14 PM
seems there is never a shortage of projects.....love to see the completed dock pics!
© Pond Boss Forum