Pond Boss
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Goofing off - 04/13/15 10:37 AM
I just spent 3 days alone in the country, mostly goofing off and fishing. I broke out the fly rod and used a home made pellet "fly". Due to the last couple of years drought I don't have a lot of fish left. I caught one 8+ inch GSF that was a ball. It didn't like the idea and pretty well stretched my string. Caught some BG's about the same size or bigger but were pansies compared to the GSF. That's why I like my mutts and they fight a whole lot differently than the big BG's.

Only one small bass caught.

Went and bought 5 pounds of fatheads(all I could get) and a dozen 6 to 7 inch HSB. Going Wednesday for more FHM's.

Need to trap my forage pond to get something to feed the bass that I have left.

Met Brian, BCotton on here, and he is one interesting guy.
Posted By: esshup Re: Goofing off - 04/13/15 11:22 AM
You getting any rain out there? I saw more green on the radar image from Texas.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Goofing off - 04/13/15 12:03 PM
Dave, I hope u get some rain to fill your pond up. Glad to see you are not giving up on your pond because of the drought we have had these past few yr's.

wishing more rain for you

Tracy
Posted By: fish n chips Re: Goofing off - 04/13/15 12:51 PM
Good for you to take the time and enjoy what you do have. May not be like old days, but at least its something.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Goofing off - 04/13/15 11:26 PM
Scott, I don't think we got all that much. Chances over the next week average about 25%.
Posted By: JKB Re: Goofing off - 04/13/15 11:49 PM
Nice!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Goofing off - 04/14/15 02:30 AM
Dave -- I figure we've been good friends for such a long time, we can say these kinds of things to each other, especially when it comes to goofing off.

You and I ain't gettin any younger. We don't move as fast as we did in the last century. How would people born in this century know if we were goofing off, working at full speed, or maybe in need of a 911 call?

I'm really intrigued by the thought of you fly fishing! I use my flyrod like an ox or bull whip. Then there are people like George who have finesse. I'm thinking you probably use a technique a lot more like mine.

If you need some real relaxation, come visit. If we can garner enough energy, we can compare goof-off relaxation techniques. The guest room is usually available, and there are always fish to be saved from drowning.

Regards,
Antique Ken
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Goofing off - 04/14/15 03:55 AM
Awesome Dave - congrats on the fly fishing and solitude. I wish I were closer to donate some fish...I too hope you get a deluge and fill up fast and stay that way.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Goofing off - 04/14/15 10:25 AM
TJ, deluges are kinda hard to come by in my area. But, thanks for the well wishes.

Ken, hurry up is rarely in my vocabulary. There's just not a lot that really worries me. Ok, I'm scared of my Wife but that's all.

And, I would hate for anyone to see my fly fishing techniques. Remember when we were in N. Carolina? Yeah, I know it's not a sure thing but just concentrate real hard. TJ and a guide were standing about 10 to 15 ft from each other. Almost back-to-back flinging flies. Had I done that, somebody would have gone to the hospital.

Fly fishing is pretty easy when using a pellet fly while feeding. The fish smartened up before I did so I went from a brown to a green to a yellow pellet.

© Pond Boss Forum