Pond Boss
Posted By: timberframe Newer pond: Need advise - 10/14/10 02:22 AM
Two years ago we built a one surface acre pond here in mid Michigan. The pond is 12 foot 4 inches when full. It has some springs in it. The first year, we planted 200 rainbows in November. They did well until early June of the next year. Then we lost them even though the water temp didn't seem to be that warm. I believe the problem was that we were aerating 24/7.
This year we planted another 100 rainbows in the spring, aerating only 3 hours a day. We also added 2 gallon of blue dye. So far even though the summer was very warm, most all of them have survived. Even though the pond is only at 10 foot deep this year, it seems to be doing much better.
We are going to put 100 brook trout in the pond in the next week or so. Being new to this pond thing, I am open to any advice any of you have. Thanks
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/14/10 03:07 AM
Welcome aboard Timberframe. What is it you need to know? It appears you have figured out how to get your trout through the summer by not mixing the water column too much, which allows a cooler water sanctuary in deeper water but still enough D.O.

I will say brook trout could be more of a challenge as they prefer slightly cooler water than the bows, and are more easily stressed. Been there done that.

Where are you getting your brook trout from?

I have grown out brook, brown, and rainbows to trophy size but I'm not blessed with springs etc. My 1/10th acre pond had to have a well, in which I gravity fed it in -- after dropped it through a packed column -- to blow off nitrogen and C02 and to aerate it.
Posted By: timberframe Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/15/10 12:00 AM
Thanks Cecil for the "welcome aboard". I will throw out a few questions and hope someone can guide me, as I say this pond stuff is all new to me.
How much should I feed the trout and how often?
How much should I aerate?
How many trout will my 1 acre pond support?
Can I use a limited amount of copper sulfate to control weeds?
Can I add well water to pond when the pond level is low?
Is it ok to route spring water runoff into the pond?
Is it best to only have trout in the pond and not add any other kind of panfish?
I appreciate any trout knowledge and experience that gets posted!!!
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/15/10 12:29 AM
Welcome to the forum Timberframe, you didn't mention if you have any forage fish in with the trout.
100 trout should be no problem for your pond even if they are fairly large, how big are they?
Aeration can have alot of variables but when the pond is near freezing over I run the aerator non stop thru the winter in about 4ft. of water to keep an area open for air exchange and running it shallow reduces the chance of cooling the deeper water too much.

Many people on the forum use well water for their pond and usually run it over some structure to aerate it before entering the pond.
I have Golden shiners and Pumpkinseeds in the pond with my trout and they supply extra food for the trout. If you decide to add supplemental feed just use enough that they will use in about 15 minutes. If you have plenty of natural forage they may not eat much of the pellets.
As Cecil mentioned Brook trout are more sensitive to low O2 and warmer temps., Good luck and keep us updated.

Posted By: timberframe Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/15/10 01:19 AM
Well right now, we have roughly 50 rainbows (10-12")in the pond. We are looking to add 100 brook trout (10-12") this week. I was hoping to do some ice fishing for the trout this winter.
I have to tell ya that this summer we had a family reunion with a fish fry. Even though we fried up bass, blue gills, perch, specks, and trout, the overwhelming favorite was the rainbows.
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/15/10 01:36 AM
TF did those fish for the party come from your pond or are trout the only ones you have.
It's funny how peoples taste differs, I have trout but prefer the taste of perch.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/15/10 02:12 AM
Originally Posted By: timberframe
Thanks Cecil for the "welcome aboard". I will throw out a few questions and hope someone can guide me, as I say this pond stuff is all new to me.
How much should I feed the trout and how often?

It depends on your goals. If you want them to grow as fast as possible and as large as possible I would feed. Here's what I did:

If I planted small trout under 8 inches I fed them twice a day to satiation (feed slowly until they slow down). My larger trout I only fed once a day and they grew just fine. If you are feeding once a day during the hottest part of the summer, feeding in the morning is best as that is when you're oxygen will be increasing vs. in the evening when it will drop and decrease to it's lowest level just before dawn. However it all depends on your pond.

How much should I aerate?

It all depends on you're pond situation. Sounds like you have already found you can warm the water up too much by 24/7 aeration. If three hours a day worked good this summer you might want to stick to it. Or if you have a temp and D.O. probe you can do some testing and determine if you make any changes. Also night-time aeration is best as it keeps warming down.

How many trout will my 1 acre pond support?

Again it all depends on water temps, oxygen levels, and whether you feed or not. Feeding them will support much more trout than having the subsist on natural feed. I also believe - and Adirondack Pond may disagree with me on this- that fed fish have a higher survival rate.

Can I use a limited amount of copper sulfate to control weeds?

I assume you are referring to algae as copper sulfate is worthless on macrophytes (rooted plants). You may be able to get away with it if your water is hard but I wouldn't risk it myself. Trout are sensitive to copper sulfate as are grass carp.

Can I add well water to pond when the pond level is low?

Absolutely. As Adirondack pond said you may want to splash it on something before you add it to the pond. Actually the best thing would be to gravity drop it through some five gallon buckets filled with plastic media (I'll post pics when I get my computer back) and feed it into a hose to the bottom of the pond. That way you would add to the cold water of the pond without warming it before dropping it in. It would also already be aerated.

Is it ok to route spring water runoff into the pond?

If it's cold it wouldn't hurt anything especially if you aerate it somehow.

Is it best to only have trout in the pond and not add any other kind of panfish?

If you don't feed the trout the panfish will compete with the trout for natural feed. If you do feed them it probably wouldn't be a problem although personally I would go with all trout, so you won't be annoyed by nibblers that aren't trout when you fish for the trout. Also, since your trout won't reproduce it will be an easy fishery to manage if you stay with trout. It's possible as your pond ages the BOD in the deeper water will increase and make water quality marginal for trout. If that happens you can always switch to panfish. However going from panfish to trout is much more difficult to undo.

A downside to feeding it it will fertilize your pond and make annoying weed growth more likely, and could age your pond faster. However if you keep your trout numbers low enough it may not be a problem. A one acre pond could easily support a fun fishery of 50 to 100 big trout and not fertilize the water too much by feeding.

Not sure if you're aware of this but if you feed the trout it's not unusual to produce 10 lb. rainbows, 10 pound browns, and 3 to 4 pound brook trout in only a few years. Sometimes you'll get a few that will get even bigger if water temps and oxygen are good.

I appreciate any trout knowledge and experience that gets posted!!!

Just wish I could post some pics for you of the trout out of my pond! I have to wait to get my computer back.
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/15/10 02:24 AM
TF here's a link to posts showing Cecils stacked column and some of his large trout.
http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=130040&page=1
Posted By: timberframe Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 01:36 AM
Perch are my wifes favorite to eat. I love em also. Perch, walleyes, and trout are sure hard to beat.
In regard to your question, we only have trout in our pond. I was thinking about adding to our pond some panfish such as blue gills, perch, and such but I didnt know if I should mix them with the trout. What do you think?
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 02:04 AM
If your gonna feed the trout you don't need forage fish but it would allow them to feed anytime if you had some minnows.

The problem is establishing a forage base when you already have large trout in the pond. I'm partial to GSH but fatheads would be good too.
If you have enough cover like weeds or put christmas trees in you could stock some adult fatheads and GSH in the spring to start your base, or you could try a couple hundred thousand GSH fry from Andersons, either way it might be worth a shot.
Posted By: timberframe Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 02:32 AM
Last year when we put in our first rainbows, we put in a gallon of fatheads. They must have taken quite well because when I throw the weed rake out to pull in weeds, I find lots of minnows in the pulled weeds.
I have another question. Does adding a gallon or two of pond dye potentionally raise or lower the water temp ?
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 02:55 AM
It sounds like you have a forage base, that's good, but I guess you have a weed problem and are considering using dye.
I don't have any experience with dye but I think it might lower the temps. in the deeper water, others have used it and might give you some advice, I think Cecil has used it.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 03:07 AM
I can't answer that as I never used it in my trout pond.

I've always thought that darker stained water warmed up faster, but I believe Bill Cody once said it's the reverse with the dye.

Bill?
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 01:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
I can't answer that as I never used it in my trout pond.

I've always thought that darker stained water warmed up faster, but I believe Bill Cody once said it's the reverse with the dye.

Bill?

Your thought makes sense to me, Cecil - it would seem logical that the darker water color would absorb heat energy more readily, just like wearing dark colored clothing on a sunny day versus light colored clothing. I'll be interested in Bill's response as I've not read anything by him about that before.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 01:12 PM
I gave Bill a heads up on the dye question regarding warming or cooling of the water, so he should respond shortly. Anyone else that wants to chime in is welcome.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 01:13 PM
Timberframe,

Did you say where you are getting your trout? If you did I must have missed it.
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 01:18 PM
I agree that the darker color of the dye can raise water temps, but I think by limiting the sun to the deeper water it might be cooler at depth and create a larger difference between surface water and the bottom.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 01:22 PM
Originally Posted By: adirondack pond
I agree that the darker color of the dye can raise water temps, but I think by limiting the sun to the deeper water it might be cooler at depth and create a larger difference between surface water and the bottom.

That's kind of what I was thinking might have been the case, AP, but I was also thinking that if the upper water was getting more distinctly heated, would that not translate to more transferred heat into the next layer and so on? I realize that thermoclines will play a role in it, but it just seems that if your top water is warm, at least the next layer is going to gain some of that heat, too.
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 01:30 PM
Todd, As usual I guess it's another it all depends issue, pond depth, aeration, or water inflow, maybe Bill has a definite answer.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 01:37 PM
Wrong time of year now, but it would be interesting to put dyed pond water and pond water that is clear in two different buckets, set them in the sun and monitor temps. Maybe even three buckets -- another that is distilled and crystal clear?

Maybe this has already been done?
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 02:19 PM
Good question about the warming of water with and without dye. Short answer, I'm not sure.
Long answer. From just casual observation, IMO ponds with Aquashade warm slower than ponds without Aquashade. Using just blue dye probably would produce the same result. I think this due to some casual temp tests and YP spawning later in ponds near me with Aquashade than pond without Aquashade. However this could be due to the YP not receiving as intense of sunlight when Aquashade is present.

Cecil suggests: ""put dyed pond water and pond water that is clear in two different buckets, set them in the sun and monitor temps. Maybe even three buckets -- another that is distilled and crystal clear?""
This has been done with above ground pools by the original Aquashade people. AS I recall and without looking it up, they reported the water warmed faster in above ground pools with Aquashade. This contradicts what I first stated. I think if someone emailed Applied Biochemists (Mfg of Aquashade), they would/could willingly provide an answer to this question. Why doesn't someone try emailing them?

In my thinking, I think their original study was flawed because they used above ground pools. Above ground containers would warm quicker due to heat transfer from the sides of the pools. Also the pools were not as deep as ponds and pools would not behave thermally identical as ponds due to the morphometry and characteristics of a pond.

If I can remember until spring, I may do some pond temperature testing of ponds with dye and no dye in spring of 2011. Lots can happen by spring of 2011 to distract me. I am pretty sure that the amount or concentration of dye does definately have an affect on the thermal warming of the water. But I am not positive yet if the warming is slower or faster.

Does anyone off-hand know what wavelengths of light are resposible for the majority of heat transfer into water?

I think the heating wavelengths may be quickly absorbed in the near surface layers thus little heat transfer to deeper water. REmember warmer water is a lot less dense and lighter that cooler water so heated layer could easily tend to stay at the surface of ponds with blue dye. Aeration would have a big affect on the distribution of the absorbed heat layer.
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 02:20 PM
Yeah we need someone with 2 identical ponds with a depth of atleast 10 ft. grin
Cecil I think buckets of dyed water would get alot warmer than clear water, probably too small for testing the affects on deeper water.
Before I increased the inflow to my pond the tannin water would only have a summer visibility of about 2 ft and even though the pond is only 8 ft. deep there would be quite a difference between surface water and bottom water, but then I had the variable of 35 gpm gravity flow from the stream so that could have made the difference rather than brown water restricting sun light.

Bill, I see you've posted while I was doing my slow typing, looks like you've added more "It all depends". laugh
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 02:36 PM
Great input, Bill. The "it all depends" factor sure has a lot to do with just about everything pond related it seems!
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 02:39 PM
Anyone volunteering to contact Applied Biochemists?
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 03:05 PM
I sent an E-mail to Arch Chemicals.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 03:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Bill Cody

I will.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/16/10 03:13 PM
So did I. You're just to fast AP! grin
Posted By: timberframe Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/17/10 02:52 AM
Cecil, my trout came from Aqua springs in Big Rapids Mi the first two times. We are currently putting a order in with the fish farm in Harrison Mi.
The first year we aerated 24/7 with no dye and lost all the fish. This year we are aerating just 4 hours a day and have added dye. The fish are doing well and seemed to have survived the summer heat.
Our pond sides are quite steep. We get weeds around the edges of the pond (Out to 6 foot or so) but the rest of the pond seems to be weed free. I wish I had some scuba gear to actually see what it looks like down there. Of course with the dye, maybe I wouldnt see far anyways.
Posted By: timberframe Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/17/10 03:26 AM
[quote]Not sure if you're aware of this but if you feed the trout it's not unusual to produce 10 lb. rainbows, 10 pound browns, and 3 to 4 pound brook trout in only a few years. Sometimes you'll get a few that will get even bigger if water temps and oxygen are good.

Wow Cecil, I love the thought of that. But I have put 4 pound test on all the fishing poles. cry
Posted By: esshup Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/17/10 03:38 AM
I caught a 14 lb CC on either 4 or 6 pound test line in my pond, so a 10# trout on 4# test is doable. wink

Just get the drag set right, hope and pray that they stay away from any cover or weeds!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/17/10 11:54 AM
Cecil, my trout came from Aqua springs in Big Rapids Mi the first two times.

That's one of Bob Baldwin's farms isn't it? He and I graduated from the same college with a fisheries degree with him a year a head of me. He's a wealth of information and he's patiently answered many questions I've had.

I'm always on the look out for sources of trout in case my present source has problems, although I'm taking a break on trout for now. Besides my well died the other day for some reason. However even though Michigan is blessed with trout farms, many don't do the testing required for out of state stocking as it's too expensive. Some have gotten out of the trout stocking business all together and only raise trout for the table which requires no health testing.

We are currently putting a order in with the fish farm in Harrison Mi.
The first year we aerated 24/7 with no dye and lost all the fish. This year we are aerating just 4 hours a day and have added dye. The fish are doing well and seemed to have survived the summer heat.

That's a very good sign as this summer was one of the hottest on record in the Midwest and elsewhere. It set all time records down here in Indiana.

Our pond sides are quite steep. We get weeds around the edges of the pond (Out to 6 foot or so) but the rest of the pond seems to be weed free. I wish I had some scuba gear to actually see what it looks like down there. Of course with the dye, maybe I wouldnt see far anyways.

Any underwater camera may be an option.
Posted By: timberframe Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/18/10 12:51 AM
Took picture of pond today. It is roughly 150x350 in size. Zipline for the kids run most of its length. Quite a few pussywillows growing along the edge this year. Hope the pic comes through Ok cause this is my first time attaching picture.
We caught rainbows today that were 14" long. They were planted in April at 7" long.

Attached picture 3 640.jpg
Attached picture 3 642.jpg
Attached picture 3 636.jpg
Attached picture 3 637.jpg
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/18/10 01:01 AM
Great looking place, timberframe!
Posted By: timberframe Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/18/10 01:06 AM
We lost 20 cherry trees after we built the pond. Even though they were back aways from the pond, the water must of saturated the roots. Also we are finding that growing grass around the pond is hard to do when using dirt that was gathered from the digging of the pond.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/18/10 01:09 AM
Nice pond and place! Watch those cattails, they can get out of hand along your shoreline and the next thing you know they are all the way around the pond!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/18/10 01:11 AM
We lost 20 cherry trees after we built the pond. Even though they were back aways from the pond, the water must of saturated the roots. Also we are finding that growing grass around the pond is hard to do when using dirt that was gathered from the digging of the pond.

You need to seed, throw on some topsoil, and then roll burlap over that and stake it. You can buy 300 feet X six feet wide rolls from Dayton Burlap for about $100.00 on the Internet.

Straw is cheaper but if you don't keep it wet it has a tendency to blow into the pond.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/18/10 01:11 AM

Sorry to hear that - I bet it would have been absolutely beautiful to have those blooming around that nice looking pond. Surprising that they died if they were set back far enough. I don't know much about cherry trees (other than if you chop one down, you are overcome with guilt and can't lie about having done it), but that seems odd.
Posted By: esshup Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/18/10 01:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1

You need to seed, throw on some topsoil, and then roll burlap over that and stake it. You can buy 300 feet X six feet wide rolls from Dayton Burlap for about $100.00 on the Internet.

Straw is cheaper but if you don't keep it wet it has a tendency to blow into the pond.

Don't forget to get a soil test done to see what's needed.
Posted By: timberframe Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 01:19 AM
Can anyone tell me if I need to establish structure in my pond for trout? The pond bottom is flat with 10 to 12 foot of water, depending on the time of year.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 01:22 AM
I believe trout like structure just like other fish, but prefer differences in water movement over anything else.
Posted By: timberframe Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 01:44 AM
I figured if the trout never spawned because there is no inlet or outlet, maybe I didnt need structure. Anyways it seems to me that all the trout that were delivered were females.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 01:50 AM
I think the stream trout prefer structure for various reasons and I've seen lake and pond fish hang in weedbeds. However trout are very happy being pelagic too as long as they get something to eat.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 02:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Omaha
I believe trout like structure just like other fish, but prefer differences in water movement over anything else.

HIJACK ALERT

So, Omaha, what the heck is with the UT logo on your signature now? Have you switched allegiance after the 'Horns put it on Nebraska so badly last weekend? grin grin
Posted By: Omaha Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 02:47 AM
Lost a bet man. Have to wear it for a month. Disgusting isn't it? frown
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 02:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Bill Cody

I got an e-mail back from Arch chemicals and they said that they haven't done any tests to determine affects of pond dye on water temp.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 02:58 AM
Lost a bet man. Have to wear it for a month. Disgusting isn't it? frown

Scandalous! Just try to avoid reading your own posts during that time, and remember that when you change back to your own colors, all of these hideous UT cow heads will disappear and it will be like it never happened!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 12:53 PM
Omaha; Tried to slip that one by, huh?
Posted By: Omaha Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 01:24 PM
I will that Todd! Dave, I knew it wasn't going to slip by anyone...unfortunately. frown
Posted By: Bullhead Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 02:50 PM
I didn't make any bets.
Posted By: Magnolia Rick Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 03:17 PM
Will I can say the man stoodup and took it like a man.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 03:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Bullhead
I didn't make any bets.

Wish I hadn't now. Looked like a good idea at the time though. blush
Posted By: esshup Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 04:52 PM
So, what was the flip side of the bet if you'd have won? Nice logo by the way! grin
Posted By: Omaha Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 05:32 PM
If I'd won, it would be Rick sporting a giant N around here. laugh
Posted By: Magnolia Rick Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 06:11 PM
Just the thought of that is making me ill. Oh will I didn't he did.
But really is a nice looking log. HOOKEM HORNS
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 08:02 PM
I will that Todd! Dave, I knew it wasn't going to slip by anyone...unfortunately. frown

Does that longhorn head look bigger today? I think it's becoming more pronounced! grin
Posted By: Omaha Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 08:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Todd3138

Does that longhorn head look bigger today? I think it's becoming more pronounced! grin

If the sig starts growing I'm screwed. I'll get banned or something. Should anyway. wink
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 10/20/10 08:14 PM
laugh
Posted By: Omaha Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 11/01/10 08:37 PM
So since I started "wearing" this horrible thing, the Horns are 0-2. wink
Posted By: Magnolia Rick Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 11/01/10 09:24 PM
Ya but Neb. is 2 & 0 might be good luck.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 11/01/10 09:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Magnolia Rick

I think you're right. Might keep it up after my 2 week sentence if over if the streaks continue. grin
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 11/02/10 12:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Magnolia Rick

I think you're right. Might keep it up after my 2 week sentence if over if the streaks continue. grin

Definitely a prudent consideration!
Posted By: Omaha Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 11/02/10 12:31 AM
Wow, I really mangled up my words there.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 11/02/10 03:20 AM

Blame it on 8 years of those damn horns! grin
Posted By: Omaha Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 11/02/10 03:23 AM
Originally Posted By: Rainman

Blame it on 8 years of those damn horns! grin

Quiet Rex! It's not your birthday anymore so I don't have to take that from the likes of you! laugh
Posted By: Rainman Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 11/02/10 04:33 AM
Dang!!! My cheek hurts from that smack!
Posted By: Omaha Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 11/18/10 08:43 PM
Four losses by those horns during my sentence made it a bearable experience, but I can't imagine my keeping it up another week will help Florida Atlantic. Back to RED!
Posted By: Magnolia Rick Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 11/19/10 05:45 PM
Still got them Aggies this weekend. And I can tell you one thing.
In College Station anything can happen
Posted By: Omaha Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 11/19/10 06:38 PM
And I'm honestly worried about how we'll do against the Aggies. However, we play our best ball on the road. Hope my new sig brings some luck! laugh
Posted By: Magnolia Rick Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 11/19/10 07:08 PM
I hope ya'll beat them. There no love lost between Texas and a&m. But they have over the pass few years messed up a good season. They are the main reason Bevo is the Longhorn name. It the 50's they beat us 13 v 0 they put the brand on our then longhorn. Just a little information. What real sad about that. Is I remember that.
I could tell ya about the Alamo but I was only 3 at the time.
Posted By: Maria Angel Re: Newer pond: Need advise - 08/13/11 06:29 AM
Also try F-40 Enviro Blue manufactured by Diversified Waterscapes at www.dwiwater.com
© Pond Boss Forum