Pond Boss
Posted By: Lukkyseven Panfish Identification - 07/10/13 05:43 PM
Could someone who's good at doing this let me know if this link is accurate?

http://tnfish.org/FishIdentificationID_TWRA/TWRA_Sunfish_Identification_Key.htm
Posted By: ewest Re: Panfish Identification - 07/10/13 06:48 PM
Looks ok as to pics. I did not go through the progression of traits but they seem correct on their face.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Panfish Identification - 07/10/13 07:42 PM
The photos appear to be excellent representations of what these fish really look like. I'm not sure where many of the sites get their photos or drawings, but these look very much like what I would expect, if I were out catching fish.

Here is also a link to a rather old Pond Boss thread with good representative photos: Common Pond Fish Primer (Sunfish Edition)

This link is not so old that evolution has changed the looks of these fish. Just some of the Pond Boss members look a little different.
Posted By: Lukkyseven Re: Panfish Identification - 07/11/13 12:10 AM
Oh cat that helps a lot too! Thanks for the link and verification of the others. I'll be book marking these in my phone.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Panfish Identification - 07/11/13 12:21 AM
Cat you should add luckyseven's link to the pond boss thread link you posted..
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Panfish Identification - 07/11/13 12:52 AM
Done! Thanks for the link and the suggestion.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Panfish Identification - 07/11/13 01:08 AM
That link is a good one in my opinion.
Posted By: Lukkyseven Re: Panfish Identification - 07/11/13 11:21 AM
Feel like I actually contributed a little! haha! Usually I'm just bothering people and trying to figure stuff out.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Panfish Identification - 07/11/13 11:33 AM
Good post man!! Keep up the good work smile
Posted By: ewest Re: Panfish Identification - 07/11/13 02:46 PM
L7 there is no bothering people here. That is the purpose - ask those questions , post that info , share those stories. That is who we are - a group on a mission , a journey with each other. There are no dumb questions here - we all started the same place - at square 1.
Posted By: bobad Re: Panfish Identification - 07/11/13 04:24 PM
Originally Posted By: catmandoo

Here is also a link to a rather old Pond Boss thread with good representative photos: Common Pond Fish Primer (Sunfish Edition)

This link is not so old that evolution has changed the looks of these fish. Just some of the Pond Boss members look a little different.

My BC eat pellets (and even bread), article says no. Evolution I guess. grin
© Pond Boss Forum