Pond Boss
Posted By: Shakebaker Dam leaking ...advice - 09/17/20 02:47 AM
We have a 4-5 acre lake that has a leak in the dam the last couple of years. The leak is in the middle where the precious owner had installed 3 culverts through the dam to let water flow out when it got to high. Underneath the culvert is concrete and when it gets higher than the concrete it flows out the backside. The issue is it's leaking underneath the culverts by about a foot. I guess it runs all the way through the dam and out the backside. It has caused basically a sink hole from the running water through the dam. It happened about two years ago and we had it filled in and we thought fixed but it has done it again. The sink hole is about 6x6 wide and maybe 7 feet deep.
Any advice on what to do to fix this issue? The last repair cost about $2000 and didn't work so would like to try something that works this time and isn't to expensive. When the water level gets low the leak stops and the lake keeps a steady level. It's just when it's up say 2-3 feet above normal that we Have the leak problem. I didn't know if adding rocks , more dirt, a polymer or anything else may help
Thanks in advance for any help it advise.
Posted By: Heppy Re: Dam leaking ...advice - 09/17/20 03:59 AM
I believe TJ Hudson could address the corrective remedy for your pond.
Heppy
© Pond Boss Forum