Pond Boss
Posted By: Travis brown Last minute siphon question. - 02/20/13 12:51 PM
Putting my 8" siphon in today and tomorrow. I have a few questions for you if you an answer. 1. I like a flush look with the water and the bank . Is there a minimum height above the water line for the bank? Just making sure.
2. On the emergency run around, I do not want a lot influx of water on major storms so i'm trying to figure my options. I see only only two, (a) have my emergency spillway lower to relieve the excess or (b) have the tube a few inches above the placed waterline to induce full siphon in conjunction with the runaround.
3. I want to rent a tamp and tamp the top of the dam to ensure tight pack of dirt, is this over kill or a good backup?
Posted By: otto Re: Last minute siphon question. - 02/20/13 02:06 PM
Travis
1 . The water level cab be the same elevation as the bank (shoreline) . The water level MUST be lower than the top of the dam. It will be determined by the amount of water that comes in the pond, and how much it rains. Some small ponds with very little drainage will have only a foot of dam above the water level.
2. The pipe lower than the runaround or emergency spillway can stop the water that will flow out of the spillway, again it depends on the size of the drainage area.
3. Packed dirt is always a must, on the top of the dam, a good turf may be just as valuable.
Otto
Posted By: Travis brown Re: Last minute siphon question. - 02/23/13 09:56 AM
I got my pipe in place. Things always get difficult around my house. Probably due to my self reliance or what my wife calls my stubborness. Either way, its in. Expecting lots of rain the next few days. I can almost officislly say i have a pond again after 17 years. Now its time for the fun part, the fish.
Posted By: otto Re: Last minute siphon question. - 02/24/13 09:45 PM
go man go
© Pond Boss Forum