Pond Boss
Posted By: azteca Filet perch quickly. - 12/16/22 01:37 PM
Hello.
https://forum.pecheqc.ca/topic/1007...haude-elle-connait-son-affaire/#comments
A+
Posted By: KingfisherBoiler Re: Filet perch quickly. - 12/16/22 02:25 PM
Beautiful. I can’t believe how long I watched that to memorize the technique.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Filet perch quickly. - 12/16/22 03:04 PM
This is the technique explained.

Note the perch the lady is cleaning have been scaled. The lady in azteca's YouTube link does not explain what she is doing. Both methods are basically the same except the lady removes the head which may or may not be helpful for your procedure. The method also works well for smaller bass since both species have the same body shape. YP fillets sold in the retail stores have the skin attached as required by government.

Also as in Azteca's link because the lady does not have to cut through scales,,, her knife stays sharper longer. A sharp tip of the knife is important in making fillets.
The bigger the perch the larger the pin bones, and cutting larger pin bones dulls the knife quicker. Same with LMB and WE. She uses the butterfly fillet technique that is usually performed by commercial fishery operations.
Posted By: jim100 Re: Filet perch quickly. - 12/18/22 04:48 PM
Wow!
I can do that but each one takes me about 5 minutes!
Posted By: Tbar Re: Filet perch quickly. - 12/18/22 07:02 PM
Neat.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Filet perch quickly. - 12/19/22 03:02 PM
In azteca's posted video, it seems like the lady is only cutting a filet off of one side of the perch.
Posted By: Heppy Re: Filet perch quickly. - 12/19/22 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Sunil
In azteca's posted video, it seems like the lady is only cutting a filet off of one side of the perch.
Negative. Watch closely she’s just that fast.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Filet perch quickly. - 01/05/23 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by jim100
Wow!
I can do that but each one takes me about 5 minutes!
Me too, scaling time included. But one can get much faster with repetition - I have watched Bruce Condello skin and fillet BG in 30-45 seconds apiece.
© Pond Boss Forum