Pond Boss
Posted By: DrLuke Being careful of wishes - 01/06/21 12:33 AM
So I was hoping to get the boss out on the ice with me today. To my delight she agreed. That is, until she cleaned my clock catching fish. Lots of BG in the 8 to 10" range. And then a really beefy LMB. Of course, she recalled my sad tale of the LMB that I was unable to get topside a few days before. Humble pie is delicious this time of year.. 😉

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Being careful of wishes - 01/06/21 01:56 AM
Nice fish you have there. Your wife is probably now hooked on ice fishing. Remember to take her along whenever you need advice on the technique of how to catch them. What brand of fish food are you feeding those nice dandy sized fish? I'm jealous that you have good ice. I only have 2" here in NW OH.
Posted By: RStringer Re: Being careful of wishes - 01/06/21 01:32 PM
She looks like a happy fisherlady. Ice fishing is on the bucket list for me. Wife on the other hand it would on hr list of dont even ask me list lol.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Being careful of wishes - 01/06/21 02:31 PM
Nice fish, congrats.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Being careful of wishes - 01/06/21 03:41 PM
My wife claims I have secret dirty tricks to keep her from ever outfishing me.

If I actually did, I would pass them on to you.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Being careful of wishes - 01/06/21 09:51 PM
OUTSTANDING!!!
Posted By: DrLuke Re: Being careful of wishes - 01/06/21 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by Bill Cody
Nice fish you have there. Your wife is probably now hooked on ice fishing. Remember to take her along whenever you need advice on the technique of how to catch them. What brand of fish food are you feeding those nice dandy sized fish? I'm jealous that you have good ice. I only have 2" here in NW OH.

Bill, I feed Optimal in the warm months, 50/50 mix of bluegill pellets and bass pellets. I only have the feeder set for 2 seconds throw, twice daily. That's about two bags per month. I've worked on improving BG bedding areas to pump up their reproduction a bit.

We have about 6" of ice currently. I started fishing on Dec 31st with 3 to 4 inches good clear ice.
Posted By: optimalfishfood Re: Being careful of wishes - 01/07/21 02:07 PM
Impressive fish DrLuke!
Posted By: DrLuke Re: Being careful of wishes - 01/07/21 03:22 PM
So yesterday I went back out. I offered to take The Queen along with me again, but it wasn't quite as nice of weather, so she declined. It took me a bit, but I started to figure out the bass. I confess, a few are pretty short, but I was impressed with their moxie. I took my time playing the last one, and finally got her head turned up the hole before the jig popped out. I hope the ice is building for the northern members of the Pond Boss family. And standing invite to any southern members. If you are going to be in my area, PM me and I'll get you some hard water time.

Posted By: wbuffetjr Re: Being careful of wishes - 01/07/21 04:26 PM
Awesome man!! What a good time!!
Posted By: esshup Re: Being careful of wishes - 01/07/21 07:21 PM
Great looking fish!!!
Posted By: jpsdad Re: Being careful of wishes - 01/08/21 03:34 PM
Great photos Dr Luke! Great to see that you are enjoying the ice fishing with your bride also. Was cool to see how you are getting some recruitment and how you organized to the pictures from smallest to biggest.
Posted By: gehajake Re: Being careful of wishes - 01/08/21 05:32 PM
Those are some beautiful healthy looking fish, we dont get a whole lot of ice fishing opportunities here in central MO but sometimes we have ice for a while, I have tried a few times and just simply have not mastered the art yet, bad as i'd like to, I cant catch anything, or at the most a baby bluegill or two, and Ive tried in well known ponds where I am familiar with the depths and structure but pretty much to no avail. it may be a good thing because I would be spending a lot more time at it if I were in the least successful.
© Pond Boss Forum