Pond Boss
Posted By: Flame photo shots of leaping lmb - 08/07/20 02:38 PM
A lot of you photography guys already know this but some of you may want to try this. If nothing else it is fun. When my feeder goes off my lmb usually brake the surface chasing cnbg. I have started using the video camera ON MY PHONE to film the feeding frenzy. I know exactly what time the feeder goes off so I start filming a few seconds before. If nothing exciting happens then I just delete the video and save the space on my phone. But...yesterday I had about a 5-6 pound lmb jump out the water with about a 9 inch cnbg in her mouth!!. Now here is what I learned...I can play the video on my phone...zoom in on the area where the bass broke...and quickly hit pause when she comes out of the water!!! Then I take a "snapshot" of that image and I have a very cool photo of my lmb feeding!! Just thought I would pass this on!! I still have trouble putting pictures on this forum but at least I figured that out!! Hah!
Posted By: Bocomo Re: photo shots of leaping lmb - 08/07/20 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Flame
A lot of you photography guys already know this but some of you may want to try this. If nothing else it is fun. When my feeder goes off my lmb usually brake the surface chasing cnbg. I have started using the video camera ON MY PHONE to film the feeding frenzy. I know exactly what time the feeder goes off so I start filming a few seconds before. If nothing exciting happens then I just delete the video and save the space on my phone. But...yesterday I had about a 5-6 pound lmb jump out the water with about a 9 inch cnbg in her mouth!!. Now here is what I learned...I can play the video on my phone...zoom in on the area where the bass broke...and quickly hit pause when she comes out of the water!!! Then I take a "snapshot" of that image and I have a very cool photo of my lmb feeding!! Just thought I would pass this on!! I still have trouble putting pictures on this forum but at least I figured that out!! Hah!

Okay we're gonna need that photo laugh

Somebody help this man!!!
Posted By: RStringer Re: photo shots of leaping lmb - 08/07/20 03:12 PM
I'm on it check ur inbox
Posted By: Bocomo Re: photo shots of leaping lmb - 08/07/20 03:59 PM
Hey Flame,

Here's a trick that works on some phones -- if you hold down the shutter button it will start taking rapid-fire still shots. You can delete the dud photos easily too afterwards.
Posted By: RStringer Re: photo shots of leaping lmb - 08/07/20 04:50 PM
Here are the pictures from FLAME from above. I still cant get them to just appear. So if someone can do that go for it please.

Attached picture Screenshot_20200807-114735_Messages.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot_20200807-114744_Messages.jpg
Posted By: Flame Re: photo shots of leaping lmb - 08/07/20 04:59 PM
Thank you Rusto for posting those photos. I wasn't bragging about the QUALITY of my photo...I was just trying to give others an idea if they wanted to try it themselves! Hah!
Posted By: Flame Re: photo shots of leaping lmb - 08/07/20 05:08 PM
In the second picture you can see the cnbg getting away. It went flying out of that bass mouth on the video!
Posted By: RStringer Re: photo shots of leaping lmb - 08/07/20 05:45 PM
I think they r pretty good for a phone action shot.
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: photo shots of leaping lmb - 08/07/20 05:50 PM
here they are...

[Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com]

[Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com]
Posted By: Flame Re: photo shots of leaping lmb - 08/07/20 06:00 PM
Thanks QA!
Posted By: TGW1 Re: photo shots of leaping lmb - 08/07/20 09:11 PM
looks good!
Posted By: Tbar Re: photo shots of leaping lmb - 08/07/20 09:43 PM
Very nice!
Posted By: Flame Re: photo shots of leaping lmb - 08/07/20 09:55 PM
Bocomo, I checked and my phone does what you said!! I'll have to figure out how to put that "into play" when the feeder goes off. Probably be a LOT easier than the way I had to do it to get those 2 pictures!! Thank you for the tip! I had about a 8 pounder the other day got on top like that and the bluegill got hung up in her mouth and she stayed on top fighting it like a great white shark until the bluegill popped out her mouth and she went back down!! Naturally I wasn't filming that time but dang that was fun to watch!!!
Posted By: Bocomo Re: photo shots of leaping lmb - 08/09/20 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by Flame
Bocomo, I checked and my phone does what you said!! I'll have to figure out how to put that "into play" when the feeder goes off. Probably be a LOT easier than the way I had to do it to get those 2 pictures!! Thank you for the tip! I had about a 8 pounder the other day got on top like that and the bluegill got hung up in her mouth and she stayed on top fighting it like a great white shark until the bluegill popped out her mouth and she went back down!! Naturally I wasn't filming that time but dang that was fun to watch!!!

I look forward to the day when you show a picture of a 10#+ pound LMB tossing a 2#+ CNBG !! laugh
Posted By: Sunil Re: photo shots of leaping lmb - 08/10/20 08:20 PM
Brutality rising!!!!
© Pond Boss Forum