Pond Boss
Posted By: RC51 Need a little advice - 05/26/20 07:30 PM
Hey everyone check out this bass I caught this weekend. Not a bad bass but and there is always a but... lol He was 22 inches long and only 5 pounds. Quite a bit under weight for your average 22 inch bass. So I want some opinions please. It would appear after I get up to about 19 to 20 inches my bass start to decline. So my question is this. Should I just keep these guys that look like this when I catch them? Let my smaller bass thrive and live and become chunky 3 pounders? I seem to be missing that 5 to 7 inch BG a guy like this needs to flourish. What do you all think? What's my best avenue? I don't have to have 6 to 8 pound bass to have fun on my pond.

thx for any input on this,

RC

[Linked Image]

Attached picture Bass.jpg
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: Need a little advice - 05/26/20 07:45 PM
Hey RC
Sounds like the food for that size is lacking. Mine are just reversed,small are thinish bid ones are plump. Check your sizes of BG
Posted By: Sunil Re: Need a little advice - 05/26/20 07:58 PM
My 2 cents would be to cull LMB like this.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Need a little advice - 05/26/20 08:51 PM
Oh yean I know I do not have the correct size BG for sure! Sunil I think that is what I am going to do. The kids enjoy catching the smaller bass also and I would just as soon let them have more fun and let them bass grow up to healthy 3 to 4 pounders...
Posted By: Sunil Re: Need a little advice - 05/26/20 09:59 PM
If you weren't going to eat him, I'd want to relocate him to new waters......
Posted By: SENKOSAM Re: Need a little advice - 07/06/20 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by Sunil
If you weren't going to eat him, I'd want to relocate him to new waters......
Agree !
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Need a little advice - 07/07/20 02:52 PM
Forget new waters ... hot peanut oil.
Posted By: Augie Re: Need a little advice - 07/07/20 06:46 PM
Catch and release... to the grease!
Posted By: anthropic Re: Need a little advice - 07/08/20 05:33 AM
RC, do you feed your BG? If not, that might help you grow forage big enough to nourish large bass.
Posted By: Snipe Re: Need a little advice - 07/08/20 05:55 AM
I'd like to have that girl in my pond for some help with craw removal..we'll shape her right up!
© Pond Boss Forum