Pond Boss
Posted By: john kelsey Talipa - 04/11/20 12:02 PM
Well I got back from Florida three weeks ago. Not fun towards the end. Dang virus. Any way. I noticed that my Tilapia breeders were getting frisky. Not being ready for them to breed. I thought the female that was holding gave up her babies and none survived. But much to my surprise one did! I will call it Survivor. laugh
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Talipa - 04/11/20 02:54 PM
Share more please! So you have an indoor setup, describe or share pictures please? How hard was it to keep them alive or maintain water quality? Any special filtration or water temperature control devices needed? Water exchanges critical?

How do you know they are breeding or ready to breed? Do they need special spawning mats?

Would love to learn here as what you are doing is very cool!
Posted By: Dinsmoreoutdoors Re: Talipa - 04/11/20 08:07 PM
Yes please show pics!
Posted By: john kelsey Re: Talipa - 07/10/20 12:42 PM
I am sorry I did not see these responses. I have a fifty gallon aquarium with a sponge filter on a large aqueon filter and a five gallon bucket. With a male and five females. The five gallon bucket you put in lava first with a spacer between the lava rock and bottom of the bucket.Then fill the bucket up to the top with scrubby pads from the dollar store.They do a lot of pooping. Sorry for the delay.
© Pond Boss Forum