Pond Boss
Posted By: RC51 Must be King of the pond?? Maybe :) - 06/12/18 03:49 PM
Well I caught this girl Sunday. Wow I couldn't believe it. My big bass don't bite on much anymore except live bait for the most part. I've tried a LOT of stuff and they just wont bite much unless you get lucky. But I put a sinker up about 2 feet on the line and threw out a 4 inch bluegill and BOOM!!! Fish on!! This picture makes her look really big lol, She was right at 6 pounds. 22 inches long. Actually a little light for her length but I have noticed I have quite a few more little bass this year. So time to start taking out some small bass again. smile

Attached picture Big Bass.jpg
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Must be King of the pond?? Maybe :) - 06/12/18 03:56 PM
It's always good to read about your successes RC! Nice catch!
Posted By: Flame Re: Must be King of the pond?? Maybe :) - 06/12/18 04:53 PM
Wow, beautiful color on that fish too RC!! Congrats.!! How old you think she is?
Posted By: RC51 Re: Must be King of the pond?? Maybe :) - 06/12/18 04:58 PM
Thanks, guys!!

I think she was put in the pond about 2012 of April. They were about a pound at that time. Sooooo 6 ish to 7 years old I'm guessing.

RC
Posted By: Zep Re: Must be King of the pond?? Maybe :) - 06/12/18 04:59 PM
beautiful fish.....
Posted By: RC51 Re: Must be King of the pond?? Maybe :) - 06/12/18 07:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Zep
beautiful fish.....

Thanks Zep My fish all look great! My only issue is I think I may have put a few to many HSB in my pond...lol As my bigger bass are kinda underweight. Not by much about a half pound to 3/4. Of course at this point any HSB I catch I am keeping. And any small 9 inch bass. As DD1 always says you will never catch em all.. smile I also need more BG in the 5 to 6 inch range... Not sure how I'm gonna get that done. I am not good enough to figure that out. smile I have a lot of nice 10 inchers and 3 to 4 inchers and smaller but my 5 to 7 seem to be lacking. I can only assume the more 10 inch bass I keep some of them 3 and 4 inch BG will get to be 5 to 7. I hope anyway.

RC
Posted By: wbuffetjr Re: Must be King of the pond?? Maybe :) - 06/12/18 07:20 PM
NICE! CONGRATS!!!!!
Posted By: snrub Re: Must be King of the pond?? Maybe :) - 06/13/18 03:22 AM
Great bass RC.

I wish I could send you some of my 5-6" BG. I have too many BG and too few LMB. Opposite problem.
© Pond Boss Forum