Pond Boss
Posted By: KingRace78 Nice Winter Bass - 11/30/13 01:44 PM
There was ice in the smaller coves and the entire north part of the pond was covered with ice. But Lori was able to pull this one out. John
Posted By: Bernie H. Re: Nice Winter Bass - 11/30/13 04:07 PM
That is a really nice bass! Were you able to measure/weigh it?
What did she catch it on? I think I'll go fishing in my pond today,since I brought back some shiners from a smallmouth trip last week.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Nice Winter Bass - 11/30/13 04:11 PM
My goodness!!!! What a great fish! Congratulations.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Nice Winter Bass - 11/30/13 04:34 PM
You are doing good things in that pond to raise fish. Lori is testimony that LMB do feed in 40F water. What are your species of forage fish?
Posted By: KingRace78 Re: Nice Winter Bass - 12/02/13 06:52 PM
The battery was dead in the scale, so no weight. I would estimate about 8 lbs. It was caught on a 4" curly tail grub. We catch a lot of fish on these grubs, crappie and LMB.
Posted By: Bocomo Re: Nice Winter Bass - 12/02/13 07:17 PM
Can you tell me more about how you caught this fish?

What kind of retrieve did you use? What depth? What color grub? On a jig head?

The reason I'm asking is because I just fished all weekend in similar conditions and caught nothing frown
Posted By: KingRace78 Re: Nice Winter Bass - 12/02/13 08:34 PM
The lake was very clear, at least 6’ visibility. Just a white grub on a jig head, I think the head was orange. Medium retrieval, staying close to the bottom. This one was caught about 4’ off the bank, less than 10’ depth. The fish were not active at all. I had one bite all day, and I think that was a crappie. Lori caught 1 other LMB, about 17” long. That was all, about 3 hours fishing. This time of year it is tough to feel a bite, most of the time you just feel weight on your line.
John
Posted By: Zep Re: Nice Winter Bass - 12/02/13 08:44 PM
Very Nice Fish!
Posted By: RC51 Re: Nice Winter Bass - 12/02/13 09:41 PM
You can see the white grub in the pic on the bottom of the boat lower right. He's not telling you a fish story!! smile lol Gonna have to try a few of those!!

RC
© Pond Boss Forum