Pond Boss
Posted By: Bruce Condello Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/24/13 03:19 AM
A picture of an exceptional, Southwest climate bluegill. Just to getcha fired up for 2014.

Posted By: esshup Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/24/13 03:47 AM
Bruce, I gotta call you sometime soon and talk to you about Aarons pond.
Most amazing pond ever.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/24/13 11:22 AM
I'd like to spend about a week, studying absolutely everything I could think of about this pond.
Posted By: bassmower Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/24/13 01:01 PM
thats a beast what was the length and weight on that thing it looks like it would eat my BG
Gorgeous fish.
Posted By: ewest Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/24/13 02:51 PM
Nice fish Aaron !! There is a thread on here about Aaron's pond and its mgt. and a Pond Boss article IIRC.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/24/13 03:10 PM
Originally Posted By: ewest
Nice fish Aaron !! There is a thread on here about Aaron's pond and its mgt. and a Pond Boss article IIRC.

This was the Sep-Oct 2009 issue of the magazine I believe.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/24/13 03:12 PM
Start experiencing the joys of wearing a belt, you big Freak!
Posted By: jludwig Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/24/13 05:29 PM
Does anyone have the link to the thread about management of the that pond? I would be interested in reading it.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/24/13 07:29 PM
I think Aaron no longer owns that pond. He moved and sold the property. Try searching the forum for references to Aaron Matos pond.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/25/13 04:17 AM
Amazing fish - that's mini pond fishery management at it's pinnacle, truly.
Posted By: Fatih Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/25/13 09:06 AM
Is that fish from AaronM's little pond in Phoenix? If so , what the heckk?
Posted By: esshup Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/25/13 12:49 PM
Remember a while back I said you should read all his posts? That's why! grin Wait 'till you see the picture of the Smallmouth Bass!
Posted By: ewest Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/25/13 03:09 PM
Here are a couple. Unfortunately the pics are gone. That is one thing I ask all of you to do , please don’t take down your pics as it greatly damages our threads. Aaron can you put the pics back up !!!!

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=142474&page=1

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=155803&page=1

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=1541&Number=17337#Post17337
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/25/13 04:02 PM
Or maybe Aaron could send them to ewest as an option and ewest could re-post the pictures. I'm not sure Aaron still frequents the PB site. We may have to contact him for the original pictures??
Ok, I want to see that same fish with the lights turned off. I suspect it glows in the dark. Is this pond by any chance near Area 51? Amazing fish!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/29/13 02:31 PM
LOL, indeed, and that BG piloted it's own UFO from what I'm told. Amazing fish.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/29/13 04:08 PM
Bruce how old is that BG your holding? I am gonna guess and say 5 years old? Or is it just fed real well???

RC
Really nice gill I hope to raise a army of them in time!
Posted By: FishFan Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/29/13 07:21 PM
That thing is a beast. The ones I'm trying to grow have nothing on those hogs . I'm hoping I can get this gill and some of the others to grow quite a bit more. This guy was right around one pound.

Posted By: sprkplug Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/29/13 07:55 PM
Good fish right there, FishFan.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/29/13 08:38 PM
Yeah nothing wrong with 1 pound fish that's for sure!! Mine are right near that also at this point. Should be interesting come next spring how they look.

RC
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/30/13 12:53 AM
FishFan, in case you weren't aware, the fish you have pictures if a hybrid BG and not a pure BG. A fine looking fish none the less though. Very interesting coloration on it.
Posted By: FishFan Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/30/13 01:47 AM
Thanks guys. Iv'e been feeding them aquamax 600 almost daily for about a year and a half. I don't know if it's the colder weather but they hardly come up to the top to eat lately where in the summer it was like a piranha frenzy. The gentleman I bought them from mentioned about being hybrids and said they would get pretty big. What type of gill is the one Bruce posted?
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/30/13 03:24 AM
FishFan, the backdrop in your photo is AMAZING! Beautiful place!

And nice fish too wink
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Bluegill management--Pond Boss style! - 10/31/13 01:01 AM
Yes FishFan, the colder weather has your HBG slowing down. Check your water temps, you can cease feeding them when it gets below 50.

You can expect HBG to easily reach the 1 pound mark under good management and 1.5 pounds is not uncommon. The 2 pound mark is very hard to reach though.

The fish pictured is a coppernose bluegill(CNBG). They generally only do well in areas where ponds don't freeze over during the winter(southern).
Bruce, I think that BG is bigger than my first house!
2 great fish
© Pond Boss Forum