Pond Boss
Posted By: FCM67693 New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 02:00 AM
So, I decided that I wanted to enjoy the unseasonably warm weather on my B-Day and do a little fishing.

Well.....leave it up to my daughter to catch the pond record. 20" HSB stocked August 2009 at 6"-8".

I really like this fancy measuring device. I can't rememeber where I got it.....Scott, any idea where I would have acquired such a masterful measuring tool?

Another nice LMB my daughter hauled in. Oh, by the way, the biggest LMB yet!

Posted By: adirondack pond Re: New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 02:08 AM
Great looking fish, good to see a young lady who enjoys catching and holding fish.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 02:24 AM
I can't decide which is nicer looking -- the fish or the girl. grin Now that I'm an old man I think I better say the fish. whistle

I think Scot got the measuring board idea from me, of which I got it from the INDNR. They use really big ones for musky.
Posted By: CoachB Re: New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 03:07 AM
We had a new record today as well. First swim in our Michigan pond. March 15th!

Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 03:35 AM
What's the water temp Coach?
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 03:36 AM
That had to be cold.. I've been knee deep In mine 3x's in te last week and it's cold not unbearable but definitely not swimming degrees.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 04:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Bluegillerkiller
That had to be cold.. I've been knee deep In mine 3x's in te last week and it's cold not unbearable but definitely not swimming degrees.

Kids are hotblooded!

I see kids at my wife's school wearing shorts in the middle of winter! shocked And of course no jackets!
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 04:25 AM
Most consider me hotblooded and foolish during deer season I just don't get cold.. But swimming in 50 degree water is cold lol..
Posted By: esshup Re: New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 04:28 AM
Now if only someone would remember their weighing device to get a weight on the fish.......... grin

Yes Cecil, I did copy what you had laying around. I still have material to make 2 more, and they are both spoken for already.

Yes Friz, I haven't forgotten yours!! blush
Posted By: Allmadness Re: New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 06:37 AM
NICE Fish!!
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 06:48 AM
NICE!
Posted By: CoachB Re: New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 10:58 AM
Trying not to hijack, but seeing the headline made me think of our earliest swim record (which used to be April 24th). We worked all day cleaning up tornado damage and the kids were hot and sweaty. it was 70 out yesterday and they took the plunge. On the surface it is about 47 degrees, but with the storm run off and my cloudy water, I can only imagine how cold it is a couple of feet below the surface! My older daughter could only jump in once and said that it sucked all of the wind out of her.

Those are great fish. I have seen some of my 3-year-old bass swimming around in the shallows, but have yet to catch one this spring. Any one I get will be a new record for me.
Posted By: FCM67693 Re: New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 11:49 AM
Proud of my baby girl. It is great to see kids in general enjoying the outdoors. Too many other distractions these days that pull their attention away from "life's video games" smile

Anyway, what is also cool is a girl that knows how to handle a gun. National Junior Olympic Shotgun Championships last summer in Colorado Springs.

Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 12:21 PM
Wo! shocked

You go girl!
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 02:45 PM
Awesome! I wouldn't want to be a clay pigeon around here! HAHA
Posted By: esshup Re: New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 03:51 PM
If she'd go out hunting, we'd get more birds. She can outshoot Mikey....

It's funny, I don't hear anything about gun malfunctions unless the birds are flying away.

I've heard everything from "I shot the choke tube out of my gun" to "the extractor isn't working and I couldn't get off another shot". wink

I'll admit to loosing a part off of my 1100 last year, but I was still able to hunt with it. Methinks someone needs a different hunting gun!!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: New Pond Record! - 03/17/12 08:08 PM
Since she can obviously take care of herself and could easily shoot some dirty ol' man, I changed my mind on whether the fish or she looks better. She looks better than any slimy fish! There I said it!

Posted By: Bernie H. Re: New Pond Record! - 03/18/12 01:58 AM
I shoot trap just for fun,and love to see the young kids take up shooting.I like her agressive stance. Here's hoping she is another Nora Martin!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: New Pond Record! - 03/19/12 03:45 AM
Too cool! Those are great fish and it's awesome to see she's also an accomplished shooter! You're doing the right stuff with her as a dad!
© Pond Boss Forum