Pond Boss
Posted By: Lori Our pond reconstruction - 05/21/21 01:41 PM
We purchased this property in the summer of 2019. It was a foreclosure on 30 acres with grass up to our chest. The pond was full of muck, frogs, and snapping turtles as well as duckweed. There were no fish in it. After owning here for a year we decided to drain and dredge the pond. No one would venture into it and since the home sat vacant for a year we did not even know what was truly in the water. It smelled as well! Did the previous owners throw furniture, glass or unwanted items in it? Since it sat so close to the house it would have been easy to do.

Photos show how it looked at purchase, during reconstruction and how it looks today.

We are now looking for a bottom aeration system. It is 1/4 acre and 15 feet deep.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JACpdQqxA7Kzfzy3A
Posted By: Augie Re: Our pond reconstruction - 05/21/21 01:51 PM
That's a sweet setup. You've done a nice job of bringing it back to glory. Love the deck addition off the main level of the house.
Posted By: jim100 Re: Our pond reconstruction - 05/21/21 02:25 PM
Wow yes that is a cool looking operation!
Did you end up finding much in the way of garbage/debris or treasure on the bottom when you drained it?
Posted By: RStringer Re: Our pond reconstruction - 05/21/21 02:44 PM
I love it. Thanks for sharing. I'm wondering how many times they got stuck in there.
Posted By: Lori Re: Our pond reconstruction - 05/21/21 11:46 PM
We did not find anything in the pond that should not be there.

The guy we hired got stuck quite a bit. He did it pretty cheap and it took him 6 weeks as a side job. I don’t see him doing a pond again. He bright knives to a gun shoot honestly but eventually brought in the big guns to finish and get paid.
Posted By: DogFather Re: Our pond reconstruction - 05/23/21 11:34 AM
Nicely done, endothelial adventure & end result!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Our pond reconstruction - 05/23/21 05:20 PM
Welcome Lori. Neat place.
© Pond Boss Forum