Pond Boss
Our HOA dredged a 2-3' deep 0.25-acre pond to 6-8' last year; however, the pond is not holding water sufficiently (pic attached) as of late July (had a really wet spring here in Michigan).

What is the best option between bentonite, liner or a well (and pump)? I've heard mixed reviews for each, but need to do something as neighbors are complaining. If we go the bentonite or liner path, I will also need to find a vendor that services SE Michigan.

Thanks for any guidance!

Attached picture IMG_20190804_194457-min v2.jpg
Here is the link to a small pond like that I did with billboard tarps. No issues at all since install. I have a larger one I still pump to but will be adding the liner later. I don't like the idea of bentonite around here because of burrowing crawdads. One burrow and my bentonite layer is worthless. They cant get through the liner though. Good luck.

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=36221&Number=473890#Post473890
Jason, this is great and your pond looks like a similar size/shape to our pond. You and the fam want to visit Michigan? wink

Good point about the crawdads as well -- we have plenty of them.
Would love to! But not sure I would be interested in repeating that experience. :-) Actually it wasnt too bad. Planning is the big piece I think. Get it drained, dried up and get to work before you get more rain. That's the key. Thing holds like an aquarium still two years later. I nailed a piece of that material to a tree so I can track to see how long it starts to deteriorate. Nothing so far. Looks like the day I nailed it up. Good luck man!! And post pics whatever you decide.
SwedishP - any updates on your pond? Did you find a solution? How are water levels this year?

My ground water pond had great success with soilfloc and I'm happy to share details and encourage you to consider that as a option.
© Pond Boss Forum