Pond Boss
Ok guys, I am in a particularly good mood today. As they say …“tis the season”!
Therefore I wanted to take a moment to say thank you!

I am sure I will forget a bunch of folks (I apologize in advance), but here we go:

ML, Burger, Bruce, Theo, Duggan, Aaron, Davidson, Shorty, Sunil, Frank, George, Brettski, and Gator- Thank you for the support, the information, and the ability you all have to make me laugh just when I need it. \:D

Lusk, ewest, Cody, Cecil, and Willis- Thank you for all of the research data and for making me strive to further my education. You are all teachers in my book. \:\)

Robinson, BrianH, Eastland, Matthew, Ric, and Greg- Thank you for the stimulating conversations. Our words are mixed at times, and often misread by one another, but we are all focused on the same goal.

I have a job, a roof over my head, and the freedom that this country provides me. Above all else I am thankful for my family. I have supportive parents who have put up with me for a heck of a lot longer than any of you have had too. I have a beautiful son sent straight from Heaven. Never thought I would be able to be a mom, but through God and IVF…I am truly blessed!

As I said before, I am sure I left off several people that I needed to include. So I will give one BIG thank you to this forum for allowing me to come on board. I have only been here a short three months, but the experience I have gained is simply insurmountable.

Now, everyone needs to take a moment to post what they are most thankful for this season. (Bossy, aren’t I?) \:D

Merry Christmas to one and all from your little Georgia Giant!
I'm thankful for the PEOPLE on the forum. There are a few newbies who ask questions then disappear, but all the others, who've contributed to discussion and provided information have given freely of their time and deserve many thanks.
I wish there was an adequate way to express thanks to Bob Lusk, for all he has done for this "hobby" that I love and for this Forum. Bob and family must have some difficult times this Holiday season and I wish it were not so.

Meeting Bob and learning from him at the Texas meeting was a highlite for me. I'm thankful to have had that opportunity.
I believe that we could all gather at a big round table and develop a very long list of blessings to be thankful for, and there would be a heckuvalot of "oh yeah, sign ME up for that one too!" At the top of that list should reside the very large category encomapassing the freedoms we enjoy in the greatest nation on God's green earth, the U.S.A. To live, breath, and "take it in" is a direct result of the sweat, toil, and lives sacrificed by not only our fore-fathers, but the brave and courageous souls fighting as I pen this memo. Without this sacrifice, many of the other reasons to be thankful simply would not exist. God bless the women, men, and families of our military.
Thanks Deb! \:\)

Merry Christmas to All! \:\)
Merry Christmas all
Thanks Deb and all

I look forward to meeting many of you at the Georgia meeting in Feb '06.

Merry Christmas - stay safe everyone

Frank
All I want for Chrithmuth is my 2 front teeth.
I just realized what I like about this site. A bunch of politically incorrect rednecks who don't have enough damn sense to say Happy Holidays or Seasons Greetings. BTW, I don't shop at Target.

Merry Christmas all and don't forget about the "Reason for the Season".

Dave and family
Update:

That's only 9 thankful PB members out of a registered 2300 plus. Come on you scrooges!!! \:D
Deb, your Merry Chrismas Lady G's $-Gill flies AND a Merry Christmas message, along with all Theo's bug contest winners - are in the mail.
\:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\)

Merry Christmas and Happy Fishin' 2006 !!!
George
Thanks, Deb. Great to have you on the forum. Merry Christmas to you.

Happy Holidays, Dave D. \:D Sorry, Dave, couldn't resist. I used to always use that combined holiday greeting until it became politically INcorrect.
Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas.

I hope Santa Claus remembers to stop at Gast, Sweeney, Native Outdoors, Stren, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, Gander Mountain, Home Depot, Aquatic Ecosystems but most of all, for Cecil and Bill....ZAMBONI. \:\) \:\) \:\)
Merry Christmas to all! All I want for Christmas is about an 8 inch rain, because that is what it will take to fill up my pond \:\( .

My big blessing this year is my bouncing baby boy, 8 months old now and lovingly refered to as my "bucket of chunk!"
I am most thankful for still having a JOB after so many hours reading PB posts.

Thanks boss; I know you have that new little I.T. geek spying on me!

I am getting PB mag. for Christmas(I hope) so I wont spend so much time reading on line, except to find out more info on exotic species such as Peacock bass, Rio Grande perch, tilapia, snakeheads, GG/GSF (hi Deb) and others.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good nightD!
Deb and all:

Since you brought up Mr. Scrooge I think it important for all of us to please remember how he turned out, as the happiest most fulfilled man in the town, who after the following conservation with Spirit no. 2 ( note the warning); set out below ,personally relieved much IGNORANCE and WANT.

From Dickens :

"Forgive me if I am not justified in what I ask," said Scrooge, looking intently at the Spirit's robe, "but I see something strange, and not belonging to yourself, protruding from your skirts. Is it a foot or a claw?"

"It might be a claw, for the flesh there is upon it," was the Spirit's sorrowful reply. "Look here."

From the foldings of its robe, it brought two children; wretched, abject, frightful, hideous, miserable. They knelt down at its feet, and clung upon the outside of its garment.

"Oh, Man, look here! Look, look, down here!" exclaimed the Ghost.

They were a boy and a girl. Yellow, meagre, ragged, scowling, wolfish; but prostrate, too, in their humility. Where graceful youth should have filled their features out, and touched them with its freshest tints, a stale and shrivelled hand, like that of age, had pinched, and twisted them, and pulled them into shreds. Where angels might have sat enthroned, devils lurked, and glared out menacing. No change, no degradation, no perversion of humanity, in any grade, through all the mysteries of wonderful creation, has monsters half so horrible and dread.

Scrooge started back, appalled. Having them shown to him in this way, he tried to say they were fine children, but the words choked themselves, rather than be parties to a lie of such enormous magnitude.

"Spirit, are they yours?" Scrooge could say no more.

"They are Man's," said the Spirit, looking down upon them. "And they cling to me, appealing from their fathers. This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased. Deny it!" cried the Spirit, stretching out its hand towards the city. "Slander those who tell it ye. Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse. And abide the end."

"Have they no refuge or resource?" cried Scrooge.

"Are there no prisons?" said the Spirit, turning on him for the last time with his own words. "Are there no workhouses?"

The bell struck twelve.

------------------------------------------------

In the end the following speaks volumes of what Christmas is about.

Scrooge was better than his word. He did it all, and infinitely more; and to Tiny Tim, who did not die, he was a second father. He became as good a friend, as good a master, and as good a man, as the good old city knew, or any other good old city, town, or borough, in the good old world. Some people laughed to see the alteration in him, but he let them laugh, and little heeded them; for he was wise enough to know that nothing ever happened on this globe, for good, at which some people did not have their fill of laughter in the outset; and knowing that such as these would be blind anyway, he thought it quite as well that they should wrinkle up their eyes in grins, as have the malady in less attractive forms. His own heart laughed: and that was quite enough for him.

He had no further intercourse with Spirits, but lived upon the Total Abstinence Principle, ever afterwards; and it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed," GOD BLESS US , EVERY ONE !"

PLEASE NOTE the caps and " " emphasis in last line added by this writer. \:\)
Well, since we are thankful for where we are. We should thank the people that made it possible:

http://thankasoldierweek.com/

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
The Total Abstinence Principle? Now, that sounds tough.
Deb :

Thanks for starting this post. \:\) I will try to add something of value to it each day until Christmas day. All feel free to join in the effort.

An Old Irish Blessing

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand

--------------------------------------------

An Old Irish Blessing

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours
Good idea ewest!
Here is some "food for thought" I ran across:

THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS: the true meaning

People often think of The Twelve Days of Christmas as the days preceding the festival. Actually, Christmas is a season of the Christian Year that lasts for days beginning December 25 and lasting until January 6 - the Day of Epiphany - when the Church celebrates the revelation of Christ as the light of the world and recalls the journey of the Magi.

From 1558 until 1829 people in England were not allowed to practise their faith openly. During this era someone wrote 'The Twelve Days of Christmas' as a kind of secret catechism that could be sung in public without risk of persecution. The song has two levels of interpretation: the surface meaning plus a hidden meaning known only to members of the church.

Each element in the carol is a code word for a religious reality.

1. The partridge in a pear tree is Jesus Christ.

2. The two turtledoves are the Old and New Testaments.

3. Three French hens stand for faith, hope and love.

4. The four calling birds are the four Gospels.

5. The five gold rings recall the torah (Law) the first five books of the Old Testament.

6. The six geese a-laying stand for the six days of creation.

7. Seven swans a-swimming represent the sevenfold gifts of the Spirit.

8. The eight maids a-milking are the eight beatitudes.

9. Nine ladies dancing are the nine fruits of the spirit (Gal.5).

10. The ten lords a-leaping are the Ten Commandments.

11. Eleven pipers piping stand for the eleven faithful disciples.

12. Twelve drummers drumming symbolize the 12 points of belief in the Apostles Creed.

There you have it, the HIDDEN meaning of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" and the secret behind the song.
Deb,

I've never seen/read that before. Very interesting. Thanks.
from the song--"man may live forever more because of Christmas day"

Merry Christmas
Todays addition with local flavor. Read this slowly for best effect keeping in mind how Cajuns speak and pronounce words.

Cajun Night Before Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas, An' all t'ru de house,
Dey don't a t'ing pass, Not even a mouse.

De chirren been nezzle, Good snug on de flo'
An' Mamm pass de pepper, T'ru de crack on de do'.

Den Mama in de fireplace, Done roas' up de ham,
Stir up de gumbo, An' make bake de yam.

Den out on de by-you, Dey got such a clatter,
Make soun' link old Boudreau, Done fall off his ladder.

I run like a rabbit, To got to de do',
Trip over the dorg, An' fall on de flo'.

As I look out de do', In de light 0' de moon,
I t'ink "Manh, you crazy, Or got ol' too soon."

Cuz dere on de by-you, W'en I stretch ma' neck stiff,
Dere's eight alligator, A pullin' de skiff.

An' a little fat drover, Wit' a long pol'n stick,
I know r'at away, Got to be ole St. Nick.

Mo' fas'er and fas'er, De 'gator dey came.
He whistle an' holler, An' call dem by name:

"Ha, Gaston! Ha, Tiboy! Ha, Pierre an' Alcee,
Gee, Ninette! Gee Suzette! Celeste and Renee!"

"To de top 0' de porch, To de top 0' de wall,
Make crawl, alligator, An' be sho' you don' fall.

"Like Tante Flo's cat, T'ru de treetop he fly,
W'en de big ol' houn' dorg, Come a run hisse'f by,

Like dat up de porch, Dem ole 'gator clim!
Wit' de skiff flill 0' toy, An' St. Nicklus behin'.

Den on top de porch roof, It soun' like de hail,
W'en all dem big 'gator, Done sot down dey tail.

Den down de chimney, He fell wit' a bam.
An' St. Nicklus fall, An' sit on de yam.

"Sacre!" he axclaim, "Ma pant got a hole,
I done sot ma'se'f, On dem red hot coal.

"He got on his foots, An' jump like a card,
Out to de flo', Where he Lan' wit' a SPLAT!

He was dress in musk-rat, From his head to his foot,
An' his clothes is all dirty, Wit' ashes an' soot.

A sack full 0' playt'ing, He t'row on his back,
He look like a burglar, An' dass fo' a fack.

His eyes how dey shine, His dimple how merry!
Maybe he been drink, De wine from blackberry.

His cheek was like a rose, His nose like a cherry,
On secon' t'ought maybe, He lap up de sherry.

Wit' snow-white chin whisker, An' quiverin' belly,
He shook w'en he laugh, Like de stomberry jelly!

But a wink in his eye, An' a shook 0' his head,
Make my confi-dence dat, I don' got to be scared.

He don' do no talkin', Gone straight to his work,
Put playt'ing in sock, An' den turn wit' a jerk.

He put bot' his han', Dere on top 0' his head,
Cas' an eye on de chimney, An' den he done said

"Wit' all 0' dat fire, An' dem burnin' hot flame.
Me I am' goin' back, By deway dat l came.

"So he run out de do', An' he clim' to de roof.
He am' no fool, him, For to make one more goof.

He jump in his skiff, An' crack his big whip.
De 'gator move down, An' don' make one slip.

An' I hear him shout loud, As a splashin' he go,
"Merry Christmas to all, 'Till saw you some mo'!"
Wonderful, Eric! Ah tink maybe Ah make de Jambalaya toni' fo de suppah!

Merry Coonass Christmas to you!
Theo :

I be tryin da fish gumbo ahh wit da turducken.

http://www.thesalmons.org/lynn/turducken.html
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
Merry Christmas all. I have only been on the Forum since December 9th, 7:29 PM Eastern Time, but I have learned alot. I am thankful for that. Did I remember to say Merry Christmas?

I am also thankful for God constantly helping me fill up my pond and I want a new dam for Christmas.

Oh, and Merry Christmas to all in case I forgot to mention that.
A great piece from Paul Harvey

Paul Harvey says:
I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm not going to sue somebody for singing a Ho-Ho-Ho song in December. I don't agree with Darwin, but I didn't go out and hire a lawyer when my high school teacher taught his theory of evolution.
Life, liberty or your pursuit of happiness will not be endangered because someone says a 30-second prayer before a football game.
So what's the big deal? It's not like somebody is up there reading the entire book of Acts. They're just talking to a God they believe in and asking him to grant safety to the players on the field and the fans going home from the game. "But it's a Christian prayer," some will argue. Yes, and this is the United States of America, a country founded on Christian principles. According to our very own phone book, Christian churches outnumber all others better than 200-to-1. So what would you expect-somebody chanting Hare Krishna? If I went to a football game in Jerusalem, I would expect to hear a Jewish prayer. If I went to a soccer game in Baghdad, I would expect to hear a Muslim prayer. If I went to a ping pong match in China, I would expect to hear someone pray to Buddha. And I wouldn't be offended. It wouldn't bother me one bit. When in Rome .. "But what about the atheists?" is another argument. What about them? Nobody is asking them to be baptized. We're not going to pass the collection plate. Just humor us for 30 seconds. If that's asking too much, bring a Walkman or a pair of ear plugs. Go to the bathroom. Visit the concession stand. Call your lawyer!
Unfortunately, one or two will make that call. One or two will tell thousands what they can and cannot do. I don't think a short prayer at a football game is going to shake the world's foundations.

Christians are just sick and tired of turning the other cheek while our courts strip us of all our rights. Our parents and grandparents taught us to pray before eating; to pray before we go to sleep. Our Bible tells us to pray without ceasing. Now a handful of people and their lawyers are telling us to cease praying.
God, help us.
And if that last sentence offends you, well ... just sue me.
The silent majority has been silent too long. It's time we let that one or two who scream loud enough to be heard.... that the vast majority don't care what they want. It is time the majority rules! It's time we tell them, you don't have to pray; you don't have to say the pledge of allegiance; you don't have to believe in God or attend services that honor Him. That is your right, and we will honor your right. But by golly, you are no longer going to take our rights away. We are fighting back ... and we WILL WIN!
God bless us one and all ... especially those who denounce Him. God bless America, despite all her faults. She is still the greatest nation of all.
God bless our service men who are fighting to protect our right to pray and worship God.
May 2006 be the year the silent majority is heard and we put God back as the foundation of our families and institutions.

Keep looking up.

And by the way MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
F R E E D O M ! ! ! !

Where does it come from and can a majority just take it away? Can majority rule just up and vote to take your land and pond and let the public use it with out compensation? Please read the following which is clear -- the majority does not just rule as it wants -- in this country it never has and if it ever does none of us will be safe in the freedom which we were endowed with by our creator. I am thankful for freedom that comes from God and that our forefathers were wise in their protection of God given freedoms.

Selected Parts of the
Statement of
HON. RON PAUL
OF TEXAS

Our nation, divinely blessed, has much to be thankful for. The blessings of liberty resulting from the republic our forefathers designed have far surpassed the wildest dreams of all previous generations.

The form of government secured by the Declaration of Independence, the American Revolution, and the Constitution is unique in history and reflects the strongly held beliefs of the American Revolutionaries.

At the close of the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia on September 18, 1787, a Mrs. Powel anxiously awaited the results, and as Benjamin Franklin emerged from the long task now finished, asked him directly: "Well Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" "A republic if you can keep it" responded Franklin.

The term republic had a significant meaning for both of them and all early Americans. It meant a lot more than just representative government and was a form of government in stark contrast to pure democracy where the majority dictated laws and rights. And getting rid of the English monarchy was what the Revolution was all about, so a monarchy was out of the question.

The American Republic required strict limitation of government power. Those powers permitted would be precisely defined and delegated by the people, with all public officials being bound by their oath of office to uphold the Constitution. The democratic process would be limited to the election of our leaders and not used for granting special privileges to any group or individual nor for defining rights.

Federalism, the binding together loosely of the several states, would serve to prevent the concentration of power in a central government and was a crucial element in the new Republic. The authors of the Constitution wrote strict limits on the national government and strove to protect the rights and powers of the states and the people.

Dividing and keeping separate the legislative, executive, and the judiciary branches, provided the checks and balances thought needed to preserve the Republic the Constitution created and the best way to preserve individual liberty.

The American Revolutionaries clearly chose liberty over securit....

The Revolution and subsequent Constitution settled the question as to which authority should rule man's action: the individual or the state. The authors of the Constitution clearly understood that man has free will to make personal choices and be responsible for the consequences of his own actions. Man, they knew, was not to be simply a cog in a wheel, or a single cell of an organism, or a branch of a tree, but an individual with a free will and responsibility for his eternal soul as well as his life on earth. If God could permit spiritual freedom, government certainly ought to permit the political freedom that allows one to pursue life's dreams and assume one's responsibilities. If man can achieve spiritual redemption through grace, which allows him to use the released spiritual energy to pursue man's highest and noblest goals, so should man's mind, body, and property be freed from the burdens of unchecked government authority. The Founders were confident that this would release the creative human energy required to produce the goods and services that would improve the living standards of all mankind.

Minimizing government authority over the people was critical to this endeavor. Just as the individual was key to salvation, individual effort was the key to worldly endeavors. Little doubt existed that material abundance and sustenance came from work and effort, family, friends, church, and voluntary community action, as long as government did not obstruct.

No doubts were cast as to where rights came from. They came from the Creator, and if government could not grant rights to individuals, it surely should not be able to take them away. If government could provide rights or privileges, it was reasoned, it could only occur at the expense of someone else or with the loss of personal liberty in general. Our constitutional Republic, according to our Founders, should above all else protect the rights of the minority against the abuses of an authoritarian majority. They feared democracy as much as monarchy and demanded a weak executive, a restrained court, and a handicapped legislature.

The colonists wanted to be free of the King's oppressive high taxes and burdensome regulations. It annoyed them to no end that even the trees on their own property could not be cut without the King's permission. The King kept the best trees for himself and his shipbuilding industry. This violation of property ownership prompted the colonists to use the pine tree on an early revolutionary flag to symbolize the freedom they sought.

The Constitution made it clear that the government was not to interfere with productive non-violent human energy. This is the key element that has permitted America's great achievements. It was a great plan; we should all be thankful for the bravery and wisdom of those who established this nation and secured the Constitution for us. We have been the political and economic envy of the world. We have truly been blessed. The Founders often spoke of "divine providence" and that God willed us this great nation. It has been a grand experiment, but it is important that the fundamental moral premises that underpin this nation are understood and maintained.
Merry Christmas to all. This is how we spent our Christmas eve. One of many things to be thankful for. \:D

MERRY CHRISTMAS

In the stillness of the sunrise we take time to thank you God for all things, great and small.

On this special day of new beginnings , we give thanks that we can be like children ,amazed at the glory of its every element.

In the many people of kindness and good cheer that we have been allowed to meet on this forum we give thanks and ask your blessings upon.

Grant us the wisdom to remember that we, like all things ,grow from small beginnings each nurtured along the way by the kindness of others after your example.

As Tiny Tim exclaimed " God Bless Us , Every One "
AMEN..!!!!!!
I second George on that AMEN! Thank you Eric for posting a nugget everyday to keep us focused on the true meaning of the season. Your last post above was a PERFECT example of what we all should be thankful for (and focused on). Thanks again for taking the time spend on this thread. \:\)

Have a VERY Merry Christmas today, and may God continue to watch over us all!

Deb
The people on Pond Boss are some of the best and I am so happy to be able to read their thoughts and such as it gives you (me) so much to be thankful for and I do appreciate each and everyone. This may sound mushy but it is not intended to be as such. If a person can not express their happiness I feel for them. This is the time to place more thought on the Lord and last night I spent a few hours of quiet time in bed talking to HIM. Lets all take time to thank God in our own special way-please. Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas to all.
The Origin of "Xmas"
The abbreviation of "Xmas" for Christmas, long reviled by many conservative and Low Church Christians, is not nearly as blasphemous as many contend. Rather than a sacrilegious removal of "Christ" from Christmas and replacing him with an unknown, as some claim, the "Xmas" abbreviation has a long history in the church. In Greek, the language in which the New Testament was first written, "chi" (c or C), which is almost identical to the Roman alphabet "X," is the first letter of the word "Christ" (cristoV, or as it would be written in older manuscripts, CRISTOS). In fact, the symbol of the fish in the early church came from using the first letter of several titles used for Jesus (Jesus Christ Son of God Savior) that when combined spelled the Greek word for fish (icquV, ichthus).

In the early days of printing when typesetting was done by hand and was very tedious and expensive, abbreviations were common. The church began to use the abbreviation C for the word "Christ" in religious publications. From there, the abbreviation moved into general use in newspapers and other publications, and "Xmas" became an accepted way of printing "Christmas."

SO......... Merry Xmas to all! - Brian
I love it when origins of things can be explained in an orderly and logical fashion. Just the engineer in me.
Time to re-start the Christmas edition PB thread for those who missed it last year. Worth re-reading.

Here's a wish that each of you experience the true meaning of the season !!! \:\)
Eric, my good friend, thank you for recommending that I re-read last years posts. I did and am renewed.

In the spirit of the reason for the season, the real season, I wish all of my friends a Merry Christmas and don't really give a diddley damn whether anyone has a happy holiday. Heck, it's Christmas and I can get pretty radical about it. Along with some deep spiritual beliefs, I still believe in Santa Claus and expect to get more good things than I deserve.

To you, my friends, I wish peace, love, happiness, wisdom and joy. A little more rain wouldn't hurt.
Merry Christmas to all from West Texas. As the great Texan Kinky Freidman always says, "May the God of your choice bestow many blessings on you". My biggest blessing is my son coming home from Japan. I haven't seen him in a year and a half so it will be a great Christmas for Mom and me. I hope the New Year brings everyone the needed rain to fill their ponds. I know Zephyr Pond could use it. I must go now and get the chimmney cleaned up for Santa
My best Christmas ever started out as the worst.

Two years ago we had a bad ice storm 3 days before Christmas. Over 100,000 people lost power from all the transmission lines down, some directly, some due to toppled trees. Some had no electric for 2 weeks. I woke up at first light and found we were included in this group.

The first day we had a glimmer of hope when an AEP truck showed up in our driveway. It turned out to be bad news - they wanted access through us to work the high-tension line that crosses the back corner of our property. We knew that if they were having to fix major lines like that one, it could be a long time before the electric came back on.

My parents, living in town, never lost power, so I took the kids in to stay with them while my wife and I hunkered down to keep everything fed, watered, and thawed. Fortunately our fireplace can handle heating our house. Even when it got cold (dropped to the teens the 2nd day and stayed there) it kept our house above 60 inside. Unfortunately, you need to feed it every hour or two, which meant nights with disturbed (at best) sleep.

Days we spent running our generator, first at the horse barn to pump the well there for the horses and heat everything there up for the day, then at the house to water the cows and thaw their watering trough out. The system is supposed to feed everything from one location, but due a combination of line loss and the pump at the house starting to go bad (didn't die until Spring, fortunately), we had to move the generator back and forth to get the pumps to work right. But the house pump was acting so flaky on the generator I didn't want to risk using it for much more than watering livestock and storing water for toilets. So no showers, laundry, or dishwashing.

We were just keeping up, while starting to get run down ourselves. I couldn't get an interest in eating, which is definitely a sign of depression with me. We missed the kids, and one of us going into town to see them at night (and to get a shower) just left the one remaining "on watch" feeling lonely. Then, on Christmas morning (4th day with no power), the generator stopped about 5 minutes after we fired it up and wouldn't restart.

Where do you go to get a generator fixed on Christmas morning? Or to even buy a new one, presuming every generator in the middle section of the state hadn't already been sold (which they had)? My wife had the brilliant idea of taking it to our oldest (horse) border's place, as her husband is a darn good mechanic, on top of which they are both Aces. We loaded the generator up and off she went, while I stayed behind and did what I could with no power at all.

My Christmas miracle occurred a couple hours later when she returned with the generator, working (low oil - my bad, but easy to miss the first time when befuddled) AND two covered plates stuffed full of Christmas dinner STILL WARM! We fired up the generator to start heating the hot water tank at the barn and I ate what is undoubtedly the most appreciated meal of my life (in the truck, with the heater running). Depression over.

We had decided to wait until the kids came home to open presents, but Christmas night my wife had me open one anyway. Pat Boone's Heavy Metal album! Kept the generator running long enough to listen to it.

The next day we brought the kids home, as they were getting a little stir crazy at the grandparents. We figured we'd get chores done and have our Christmas a day late, then make the best of things without electric but all together. Before we hooked up the generator at the house for the evening, I hooked us back up to the power grid for a test and the power crews (who seem converge on big outages from all over the country - we have had crews from as far away as Louisiana working here) had our electric back! Two miracles in two days, both due to good people working over the holidays.

God bless us all this Christmas, especially those who have to work providing essential services.
No Scrooge here. Merry Christmas to all and a very good new year to all.
Thanks ewest for bringing this back up to the top. Christmas is all about gift giving and building ties with family and friends.

Merry Christmas to all.
Merry Christmas everyone
Best wishes to all this Christmas season.

I see rain comming thru OK/TX.
This would be a good time to thank Ewest for all he does on the Forum!! Merry Christmas!
Even though I don't post much, I am here reading everyday so I feel like one of the group.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!... and thanks for a great forum.
Merry Christmas! And have a happy careless time.

I swear when I read the words from the people on this forum either my chest puffs out because I am a proud american or I get a lump in my throat from hearing of the generosity of the people on the great site....Thanks so much!
Each and every day is Christmas Day for me - as well as a day of Thanksgiving.

I am blessed for having a wonderful life, a loving wife and family.
As an old explorer - my career that has taken me to interesting and unknown places.
This year, my survival of a three-year life threatening cancer is an exploratory venture in itself. You, my PB friends, have accompanied me on this journey whether you knew it or not. My toughest days have been softened by your presence, and I thank you.

I wake up each morning with the realization that this may be my last day on this earth, and think, what I’m going to do today?
I’ll be on “our” pond – watching the sun come up, and thanking God for His Christmas Gift of one more day to live life to the fullest.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL \:\)
Merry Christmas to All!!
MCFED

Merry Christmas from El Dorado \:\)
Merry Christmas everyone! I don't post as much as I used to, but I read here every day and enjoy the forum as much as I always have. When work slows down again I will join in the fun more! Thank you all for making this great site possible!
Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year to everyone. I may be the biggest lurker here, I read and learn every day and feel very fortunate to gain so much knowledge from all of the great people on this site. We are all very blessed!
Merry Christmas to you Folks.. As always Just remember the Season
Many thanks to all the Moderators and there hard work.

Ditto for all the great advice/help this past 2 years from numerous members.

Merry Christmas to All!
There sure is a great bunch of folks on this site. Sure glad I found it and I check in every evening to see whats new. Merry Christmas to all!!
Wishing you ALL a very Merry Christmas! Thanks for this great forum!
Gotta love a forum of such diversity that has zero politcally correct issues with my desire to wish all a very Merry Christmas. Thankful am I for all my blessings. Thankful am I for my newfound pack of pals helping and supporting me in my biggest life project to try and give something back to the world created by He whom we celebrate.
God, family, country.....oh yeah, and Santa.

I can't top all the good wishes so I'll just say "ditto" to them all and Merry Christmas and best wishes for a new year at the pond. As others have said too, keep our military men and women in Iraq in your thoughts and prayers. I have a nephew in Bagdad right now and he just had a close call the other day, several others wounded and one killed. I can't even imagine, I hunt and I fish but no one is hunting me.
Merry Christmas all Pond Boss forum members and loved ones.

Merry Christmas to all of you. I look forward to meeting some of you in Texas next year. Addtionally I am amazed at how civil this site is. I frequent a taxidermy site that makes this place look like the Brady Bunch in heaven. Hat's off to Bob Lusk and everyone else here that makes this site what it is.
We'll have more information and photos on the gorgeous Eitel property in the next issue of the magazine.

Now, go to Theo's post on "...How To Change a Light Bulb" and check the 18th item in his list.

http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=003666;p=1#000003

Could not resist. \:\)
Merry Christmas to all, I've been away from the computer for the last two months (butt glued to the deer stand) and have lots of PB catch-up to do. No cabin fever here as my CC are still on feed as of yesterday. Hope everyone also has a safe and happy New Year to boot.

Robert Jones
Merry christmas everyone!!!
First Christmas that alien robots can be seen in the distance.

OK, crank up that vortex inversion overdrive beaconing transducer and signal an incoming flux diversifying singularity fil….....whoops off topic!

I am thankful for the many people and the many blessings I have enjoyed in my life. I am thankful for every day that I wake and look out over the wonder that God allows me to enjoy.

This Christmas, I am most thankful for my loving wife Gail who is doing well after the first of two surgeries that she must endure. Happily the first and worse one is over!

God bless us, everyone, even Bighead Sally and the Furchock Glee Club.

Merry Christmas all! \:\)
I am thankful for health and freedom. I am thankful for family and for a pond full of fish.

I am willing to venture into an area that may stir strong disagreement. But I have found this group to be very civil and able to discuss differences without personal attack - as seen in the passionate posts about hunting.

I take exception to the sentiments expressed in Deb's Paul Harvey quote. I think the opinions expressed are widely held. But I take exception to some of them.

I feel there is a difference in religous activity as part of a government sponsored activity as opposed to private religous activity. This has been the basis of much controversy over these topics - state sponsored vs. private.

Paul Harvey says "Yes, and this is the United States of America, a country founded on Christian principles. According to our very own phone book, Christian churches outnumber all others better than 200-to-1." So I guess I am to take it that the majority may engage in bringing their religous beliefs into a state-sponsored activity, simply because they are a majority.

I consider myself a patriot. I worship the founding fathers and this grand experiment that we are living today. I feel they wisely excluded allowing any specific religion from government. I think they disagreed with religous majorities having intolerance for those that did not agree with them.

I think religous activity of all sorts is each citizen's right to worship however they please. I feel anyone has a right to pray to their god anywhere anytime. I do not feel it is appropriate to involve others in the worshiping activities as part of a state sponsored activity whether it be a football game, nativity at the courthouse lawn, graduation from a public school or religous placques on the walls of public buildings.

What amazes me is the concept that it is ok only for Christians to do these things. I am not a Christian but am descended from a long line of Christians - my ancestry can be traced directly back to the 1600's - my ancestors were British citizens in America for over 100 years before the revolution.

Consider this. How would it be if during state sponsored activities we have Muslim prayers over the PA? How about a display of Jewish religous icons on the courthouse lawn during Jewish holidays? If your answer is that there is some special priveledge granted to Christians, well I respectfully disagree.

One of this country's greatest strengths is the diversity we have in our population. We have cultural diversity and we have a constitution that provides protection for all minorities. We are all equal under the law, and that equality extends in my mind to the right not to be subjected to religous acivity coupled with state sponsored activities. And no, I don't want to listen to Muslim prayers at a high school football game and see a Menorah lighted on the courthouse lawn. I prefer all those activities be done in private, not public setting.

I am thankful for a the political freedom that allows me to express my views, knowing they are not in the majority, without fear of being arrested or worse.

I don't think Paul Harvey or anyone else means to make a non-Christian fell like a second class American, but that is how I took the sentiments expressed.

May the spirit of Christmas be with you all at this very special time of year.
I have the same philosophy as George: "Each and every day is Christmas Day for me - as well as a day of Thanksgiving." Happy Holidays to all.
Merry Christmas to all. I asked for a zamboni this year......this is what I got, one of my many reasons to be thankfull.

James Wood; you may have started with nothing and still have a bunch of it but the picture belies your statement. And you have 2 of those somethings. Merry Christmas.

Dwight, all of our best to Gail. Merry Christmas.

AATW, my sincere thanks; I've never had the opportunity to read those perspectives from a non-Christian. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
MERRY CHRISTMAS. I hope all yous guys have a happy christmas and may all your ponds be full!
A Christmas thought. \:\)

When one thinks of Grinch or Scrooge initially it is of bad , dark , empty , unfulfilled souls .

Theodor Seuss Geisel and Charles Dickens the authors respectively, of How the Grinch Stole Christmas and A Christmas Carol understood the power and promise of Christmas.

They reminded us that Christmas was about sharing , giving , thankfulness and caring among those who knew the season’s happy sprit but that ultimately , Christmas was about the redemptive power to change the heart and soul of man , one person at a time , from ugly and empty to shining and fulfilled. This was the power of the Christmas sprit , its call to change at the core and to empower us to reach our full potential to become the best that mankind represents.

The true lesson about Grinch.

“Geisel once received a letter from brothers David and Bob Grinch of Ridgefield, N.J., asking if he would change the Grinch's name. Friends were teasing them. Seuss responded, "I disagree with your friends who 'harass' you. Can't they understand that the Grinch in my story is the Hero of Christmas? Sure... he starts out as a villain, but it's not how you start out that counts. It's what you are at the finish." “

The true lesson about Scrooge.

Scrooge was better than his word. He did it all, and infinitely more; and to Tiny Tim, who did not die, he was a second father. He became as good a friend, as good a master, and as good a man, as the good old city knew, or any other good old city, town, or borough, in the good old world. He knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed, GOD BLESS US , EVERY ONE !

Indeed – God Bless us, every one of us – in the redemptive power of Christmas.
Cheers to everyone here on Pond Boss.

I hope that this holiday season meets all of your expectations.

It certainly is special that we can share our life experiences including successes, failures, and problems, here on this exceptional forum.
\:\) \:\) Merry Christmas ! \:\) \:\)
Thank you all, and Merry Christmas! One of the greatest joys of this season is being with loved ones and that includes those of you who love your ponds and love learning from one and all.
My wife's gonna be pumped when she opens up her new pack of circle hooks. I can see the look on her face now.
You're a generous husband, Sunil.

Merry Christmas everyone!
" God bless ye merry gentlemen " on this Christmas day !!! \:\)
From here at Pond Boss world headquarters (well, a mile from Pond Boss world headquarters) I want to personally wish everyone Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
As we celebrate the birth of Jesus and spend time with family, I also want to take a minute this morning and let everyone on this forum know how appreciative I am of each one of you. You are a class group. The amount of knowledge is amazing. The camaraderie is even more impressive. We are family.
Years ago, I answered every question and read every post. Then, guys like Cecil and Bill Cody jumped in. Back then, all the posts were business...pond business, that is. As the forum grew, we started getting more gurus from different aspects of pond management, guys like Kelly Duffie, plant expert. Then, the diversity showed up. Pottsy, from Canada, told the guys on the forum that some ponds are actually frozen longer than thawed. That blew some people's minds. Ideas grew, people used them, and the forum expanded into several different disciplines of thought...and most of the time people were civil to each other.
Then, the forum grew to the point where I wasn't needed to answer questions. We had enough folks with expertise in the different areas that my answers weren't necessary. Shoot, it got to the point that my answers weren't as thorough as yours. Great stuff!
Then, long time passionate pondmeisters like Dave, Bruce, Eric and Theo were on the site every ten minutes. Why not make them the policemen? They were invited to become moderators....and do an outstanding job at it, I might add.
We have nuclear physicists, engineers, physicians, dentists, attorneys, microbiologists, realtors....many well educated professional people who participate in the forum. My hat's off to all of you. You are compassionate, caring, thoughtful people. Yes, we have plenty of cynics (I happen to like cynics) and more than a handful of comedians (Brettski).
Now, I have become more of a lurker than a participant. With limited time, and less of a need, I don't answer as much. And, I don't read every post any more.
But, I deeply appreciate everyone on the Pond Boss forum and the passion with which you love your families, your land and your water.
So, from my family, to our Pond Boss family, the princess Debbie and I wish all you the most Merry Christmas and Happy New Year possible.
Hey Deb King...ya out there? It's your thread; Santa's calling.
merry christmas to all
Merry Christmas to all! Many thanks to the PB forums for all the info and advice. I read this forum every day and find all the variety fascinating- from Rad in Thailand to Cecil's trout and perch. It is an incredible resource!
Merry Christmas
It's a pleasure to be part of a group with people like Paul Weatherholt, who worked hard helping other people after the hurricane.
Amen to that. I am not sure any of us can imagine what Deaner and all the hurricane victims have been through in the last 15 mths. Paul please email me a general update.
Thanks, folks.

Merry Christmas.
And to all a good night.
Why, Guv? Are you going to bed?
Seasons greetings and I hope Santa was good to all of you.
Sunil if you don't go to bed he won't come.
Better late then never...Happy New Year ! \:D
Time to start up the PB Christmas thread again. Enjoy it in the spirit that gave rise to its creation. Feel free to add to it in the same sprit.

As Tiny Tim exclaimed " God Bless Us , Every One " \:\)
you are the threadmaster ewest.

thank you, and thanks to all the great people that make up this site, i consider you all my bretheren and wish you and yer family's a MERRY CHRISTMAS and wonderful holiday season

peace be with you from el dorado.
"Merry Christmas from The Wailers, mon!"

-Marley's ghost.
Ah yes, the reason for the season.
Merry Christmas...Happy Holidays... well,the heck with politically correct,yall have a great holiday season
The Goodenough family Dawson Texas
We've got all kindsa family around. Mother-in-law & wife's aunt and uncle all came back from Bull Shoals for Christmas. (Staying with us.) Both kids are coming home for Christmas morning and one's bringing my grandson...spending Christmas day (supper) at Father-in-law's house with alla them rugrat nieces/nephews. Actually looking forward to the crowd!

and we worried we'd have nothing to do on Christmas but stare at each other...which ain't all bad.

Merry Christmas to all. \:\)
Thanks for the kick-start, Ewest. Merry Christmas to the entire Pond Boss family!!
Merry Christmas everyone! \:\)
Merry christmas y'all!

God bless America. Keep our troops safe and strong!

The R & S Ranch Family
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!
 Originally Posted By: TOM G
Merry Christmas...Happy Holidays... well,the heck with politically correct,yall have a great holiday season
The Goodenough family Dawson Texas

Tom, is that fine looking last name pronounced "Good-eh-gnaw", "Good enuff", or "Szyzymanski"?
Merry Christmas to ALL!
and
A happy and prosperous New year!
Geeez Brettski that was worse than BRIGHT YELLOW on the screen!!!!!
Please , no more PB porn! LOL
Happy Holidays to all, from Pond Boss World Headquarters.

Kathy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Merry Christmas to all and to all a thank you! - 12/21/07 09:08 PM
Merry Christmas out there boys and girls!
newby maybe? gone noway huntin seson consumes every wakin moment home for CHRISTMAS thin its back to the woods the lord has given me these gifts and i am not about to turn down a gift from god.

MARRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

ps.i will be back after the seson
god i love this contry \:\) \:\) \:\)
MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR
Best fishes to all my Pond Boss Friends
It’s been a fantastic year... \:\)

Life is Good.
George Glazener
Lets try something fun for this years Christmas edition !! - \:D

Be kind and funny.

How about a PB Christmas wish list for Santa for PB members other than yourself.

Here is a start.

Bob Lusk - More time to go to 50 new and exotic pond locations.

JP Greeson - PB forum hardware and software the does not break and less emails from PB forum members saying the system is down.

Bruce - A dozen more giant Rubbermaid RASs and a million more fish to incarcerate in them.

Dave (DD1) - A new forage pond that is too productive to seine and a years supply of Hog-Be-Gone.

Dave Willis - A much needed break from grading fisheries students final exams and a few pheasants wandering around his back yard.

Your turn ! ! ! - \:D - ;\) - -
Sunil - a year's supply of Corona. That ought to hold him until about March.

george - another year of making us jealous with all the fishing and family time he gets in.

Bill Cody - an unending supply of aquatic wisdom and experience to share. Whoops - he's already got that.

To all my fellow Pond Meisters, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
ewest, another year of learning, helping and new knowledge.

jeffhasapond, all the time he needs to continue making us laugh (that last one made my sides split). \:\)

DIED, high speed internet.
ha, you and my wife bruce....she's about at her wit's end (and me too).
part of our christmas includes a new computer, office desk, and wiring up the broadband!!

here's a couple from me

george: may 2008 bring you 2 lb CNBG and 10 lb HSB

heybud: may the joy of the lazy W fill the void of zephyr

GW: may the maggots be big and plenty

yolk: may you graduate to "fry"....its time

bruce: may you continue to outfish lusk on yer next trip w/ him

bob: may you outfish condello on yer next trip w/ him

ewest: may you continue to keep our hijackings on track

sunil: may you recover yer undercover smallies from shorty

jhap: may you learn to fly cast 100 feet (heck i'd like to do that too!)

finally: to all the other unmentioned pondmeisters out there, may you and yer ponds have a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2008
Merry Christmas everyone from the Lazy W. Thanks for the thoughts DIED. We had 57 wild turkeys at the feeder here at the Lazy W last week, so am feeling better already. Hope everyone is safe and warm for the Holidays. Take care all my friends.
Theo- its correct pronunciation is Good e nuff,but I cant post how a lot of people tag me!!!
To all the PBers out there I wish you all
1)more fish than you can catch
2)all fish dramatically overwieght
3)no fishkills for 50 years
4) and finally...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Pondboss forever
...may Rockytopper exercise fiscal responsibility with my finances as he designs the LNP (mini-)lodge.
Art has no limitations. Only budgets. As you already know there meant to be broken.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL THE POND BOSS READERS FOR 2007.
MAY 2008 BRING A STRONG AND HEALTHY YEAR CLASS FOR ALL YOUR POND SPECIES.
---------------------------------------------

P E A C E - & - J O Y - T O - A L L

===============================================

\:\) - \:\) - \:\) - \:\) - \:\) - \:\)
Merry Christmas to all Pondmeisters everywhere!
Joyeux Noël
Fröhliches Weihnachten
Feliz Navidad
Jovial Natal
Hilaris Sarcalogos
Feliz Natal
Circle hooks all around!
Merry Christmas to all! There's going to be pandemonium here soon. Hope I survive, and y'all too.
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year. Peace, good health and happiness to all.
Ditto!
Ewest, sorry for not following your suggestion about Christmas wishes for other members, I actually think that was a fantastic idea. I had begun writing some notes (you know me, it couldn't have been any normal list) but then got side tracked with the cartoon idea, then I had difficulty logging on and gave up.

Bruce, thanks for the kind thoughts. I'll keep on posting goofiness (is that a word?) as long as the powers that be allow it.

DIED, fly casting 100 feet????? Heck I'd be happy with 50 feet.
Its time to revive this thread. Its worth reading in contemplation of the season.
Thanks ewest!
Don't forget the reason for the Season
I thank God that I was lucky to be born in the greatest country in the world, and thanks to all who have made it possible!

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL (and may all your ponds be healthy and fish plentiful ) \:D ;\)
Merry Christmas, Deb -- our Georgia peach, oops I mean giant of course. \:\)
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Now get off the computer and spend some time with your in-laws!
Merry Pond Boss Christmas, you pondiacs! Drink some eggnog.
Merry Christmas everybody!!

I'm all about the nog.
Mae can't stop saying- Santa did come! About every 5 minutes she will look at her stocking and just say "Santa did come!"

Me eating all the milk and cookies last night after she went to bed sealed the deal for her this morning.

Pretty Fun!

Merry Christmas
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year. I'm all over that nog.
nog w/ nutmeg and brandy....yum yum...

merry christmas y'all.
Merry Christmas everyone! I am most thankful to get to spend time with my loved ones here at home!

Originally Posted By: Sunil
Now get off the computer and spend some time with your in-laws!

Make me.
 Originally Posted By: n8ly
Mae can't stop saying- Santa did come! About every 5 minutes she will look at her stocking and just say "Santa did come!"

Me eating all the milk and cookies last night after she went to bed sealed the deal for her this morning.

Pretty Fun!

Merry Christmas

That's a great trip down memory lane for me, Nate. Don't worry, Christmas with the "little ones" stays great even after they aren't so little any more.
Merry Christmas and blessings to all of you! This site has been a wealth of information for me and my fledgling pond.

FYI - My wife just got me a subscription to POND BOSS mag for a stocking stuffer. Merry Christmas to me! (And to all of you!).
Yep, great to spend another marvelous Christmas with my pondal compatriots. Gotta try some of that nog-in-law that Theo has been raving about.
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
Gotta try some of that nog-in-law that Theo has been raving about.

Remember to go heavy on the nog.
Where you been hiding Deb? Glad to see you back and hope to see more of you. Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year to all of us! We do need to count our blessings. Things can change in a heart beat.
I don't think Deb is back.
 Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Where you been hiding Deb? Glad to see you back and hope to see more of you. Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year to all of us! We do need to count our blessings. Things can change in a heart beat.

A very Merry Christmas to all--including Deb......even though you DID start this thread three years ago.
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello

A very Merry Christmas to all--including Deb......even though you DID start this thread three years ago.

Oops! Ewest you stinker!

Hey Bruce where you putting the replica bluegill at? Hanging it on the wall or putting it on a mantel or something?
I'm planning on eventually starting a thread just dedicated to this bluegill and other really good mounts.

I did tout it a little on Big Bluegill.

Here it is again.

I'm building a brand new office, and this mount will be the centerpiece of my entire personal office. I've showed it to a bunch of people already and they were stunned at how realistic it was. Even my Dad, who isn't one to exaggerate how impressed he is, was really amazed at the realism.

My Mom said "Is that one you caught?"

And I was like "I wish".
As Tiny Tim exclaimed " God Bless Us , Every One " \:\)
I want to thank all of the people of Pond Boss who have helped me over the years with our lake. Second let us all not forget the men and women in the Armed Services who let us have the fortune to look on Pond Boss everyday and enjoy this freedom. Speaking form experiance it sure is lonely this time of year over there.
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
I'm planning on eventually starting a thread just dedicated to this bluegill and other really good mounts.

I did tout it a little on Big Bluegill.

Here it is again.

I'm building a brand new office, and this mount will be the centerpiece of my entire personal office. I've showed it to a bunch of people already and they were stunned at how realistic it was. Even my Dad, who isn't one to exaggerate how impressed he is, was really amazed at the realism.

My Mom said "Is that one you caught?"

And I was like "I wish".

I'm flattered Bruce.

I saw where you touted it on the Big Bluegill site. I also made some comments on the biggie that floated up in Cody's pond. BTW where is Cody? Has anyone heard from him? I emailed him with no response. I'm thinking he's in Vegas for Christmas.
Merry Ho Ho to all,and a Happy New Year to boot.I hope everyone has a great and safe holiday.
Merry Christmas (a day late) and Happy New Year (a few days early). We had a very low key Christmas this year, just my Mom and Sister, Ricki (aka JWHAP) and I. It was our first Christmas without Dad and was a little difficult. I found myself thinking a lot about Greg Grimes who lost his father this year as well.

Thank you fellow pond meisters for helping me through a very difficult year. As verbose as I can get (and you all know that I can get verbose) I cannot truly express how much I appreciate the friendship and camaraderie that this forum has provided to me. Your kind words and support are ever so much appreciated and I just wanted to take some time to acknowledge that.

A special shout out to DIED, your friendship means very much to me my friend, more than I can or have expressed to you, that being said you need make a resolution to post more on Pond Boss in 2009 DIED or I'm gonna have to get all medieval on ya, and you don't want that.

I wish you all a happy holiday season and a healthy, prosperous and love filled 2009.

In loving memory to my father, 10/2/1926 ~ 03/27/2008, you are greatly missed.

Reviving the PB Christmas thread. It is worth re-reading.

Merry Christmas to each of you and may the Hope of the season reside in you and your household.

Christmas is hope.

C. S. Lewis:
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. It is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit--immortal horrors or everlasting splendors.
"All day long we are, in some degree, helping each other to one or the other of these destinations."

ERIK H. ERIKSON:
Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired.

WINSTON CHURCHILL:
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Ewest :
Today’s hopes and dreams are the basis for tomorrows reality – think deeply about them , keep them alive and nurture them for they are your path and your promise.
Great idea Eric, wow what a year of ups and downs it has been. Another year of both tragedy and triumphs. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season, filled with family and friends. I am so greatful for the opportunity to have spent time with some of you at this year's PB Conference. I wish you all a happy holiday season and a healthy, happy and prosperous new year.

BILL CODY:
It all depends.

(Since we're quoting famous people).
General John Sedgwick (last words):
"Why, they can't hit an elephant at this dis..."

Merry Christmass, everyone!
Unending thanks to the pondal support team known as the Pond Boss forum. We are entering our 6th year since we started our LNP project and the boundless knowledge (and yuks) derived from you's guyzez has actually been helpful.
Very merry Christmas to one and all.
-
signed,
MT Pockets
Happy Holidays to everyone for 2009. Don't forget to keep good angling and pond records in 2010.
Theo your new avatar is annoying - sink it to the bottom of the pond where it will melt some black sludge and serve as a fish attractor.
Perhap's Theo's new avatar (preserved below, just in case he changes it) will scare away geese.

I can't stop staring at it.

I see dead people.

Oh never mind, they were just sleeping.

merry christmas everyone
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
Perhap's Theo's new avatar (preserved below, just in case he changes it) will scare away geese.

I can't stop staring at it.

I see dead people.

Oh never mind, they were just sleeping.

Theo,

Someone had one of those on a website I was on and they made him take it off as they said it could cause problems for those that have epilepsy. \:o
I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Got a nice surprise in the mail from the Pond Boss crew too which I really appreciate.

BTW I heard on the radio the other day people were debating if 2010 should be said Two Thousand and Ten or Twenty Ten. Seems someone has too much time on their hands.
Merry Christmas to all!! I'm very thankful for our Pond Boss family.
I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Got a nice surprise in the mail from the Pond Boss crew too which I really appreciate.

BTW I heard on the radio the other day people were debating if 2010 should be said Two Thousand and Ten or Twenty Ten. Seems someone has too much time on their hands.

I'm planning on using MMX.
Indeed, merry Christmas to all. It has been great to start getting to know some of you and to have the chance to participate in the discussions, even though I usually have little to add! Hope it's a wonderful holiday for everyone!
Merry Christmas everyone!! Can't wait to get together again in 2010!!
Merry Christmas-no Happy Holiday comment from me - that is a made up term to be politically correct. Not my style. My Jewish friends arent offended and say Happy Hannukah right back to me. lets celebrate the true meaning of the 25th the birth of Christ. Wishing everyone a Great 2010.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO ALL AT POND BOSS,
from Adirondack Pond owners Larry & Elaine Mihalik.

Merry Christmas to all, including any plagiarists (just kiddin BC), Bob-O
Merry Christmas everyone. I thank you all for your support. I have learned a ton of stuff this year and hope to keep on learning from you all.

Have a great Christmas!!!

We moved our Christmas celebrations to Sunday because of the big storm. There is no sense having the grand babies on the road during a blizzard!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Merry Christmas to all and to all a thank you! - 12/23/09 09:53 PM
Merry Christmas! Even though you aren't marshmallows, you are my Peeps! \:\)
I concur with Buck you are my Peeps too. Merry Christmas! \:\)
 Originally Posted By: Sue Cruz
Merry Christmas everyone!! Can't wait to get together again in 2010!!

What she said.

Bing
Merry Christmas everyone! If you're travelling for the holidays, drive safe and smart!

Remember that what we think are miserable events or bad luck are often blessings in disguise.

Case in point.... We were going to travel to New Jersey for a 7 day Christmas vacation. Last week the brake caliper on our truck froze up....no problem to fix... two days later, the starter goes bad, again, no problem to fix. After replacing the starter, I turn the key to test the repair and guess what, the fuel pump is now bad--38 gallons of fuel (near ME!!) + BIG problem. All told, about $900 in parts and labor for everything.

OK, this all sounds bad, but the blessing is that since we canceled our plans, I was here instead of New Jersey when a filter on a 150 gallon aquarium cracked and began dumping water on the floor. Instead of coming home to carpeting soaking and molding for a week in 150 gallons of smelly fish water, I limited it to less than 5 gallons and saved at least 15 grand in damages to our home.
Rex, you have the ability to make lemonade when dealt lemons like no one I've ever met.
Also Cody says its good Rex's truck breakdowns happened at home instead of on the road when live hauling expensive fish that may have been lost.
Rex, with the "good" luck that you've been having recently, it is a good thing that you aren't out on the roads during this ice storm. They're calling for 1/4" of freezing rain (that we already have) PLUS freezing rain until late tomorrow, when it turns into heavy rain and warmer temps. Once that blows thru Thursday night, it immediately turns back to snow.

It's SLICK out there! Even with the special snow tires that I run (Green Diamonds), just getting out of the throttle quick is enough to get the drive tires sliding.
Old Saint Nick is short and thick,
so I've been told by ma.
But I saw him, he's tall and thin,
looks just like my pa.

Ho! Ho! Ho!
Merry Christmas to all,
the stick
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.
Fish on!
Be Well!
Merry Christmas all. Hug your friends and family.

BTW Greg, I routinely trash any cards that don't say Merry XMAS. No happy Holidays for me either.
Merry Christmas to everyone. It's been a real pleasure getting to know some of you and a humbling experience to have access to such a resource as this site. Everyone be safe and have a good time celebrating with your families.
Merry Christmas to all of my great friends here, and to all those special Pond Boss members who have helped me during the most stressful year of my life. It will never be forgotten.

But for now...all the stress melts away as I pause to enjoy the most beautiful season of Christmas. I'm truly blessed.
Merry Christmas to everyone and their families!

I too feel fortunate to have found Pond Boss. What a wonderful resource and a gracious community of people!

Thanks and enjoy the spirit of the season!
Merry Christmas to all.
Merry Christmas to all our Pond Boss friends. What a great group.

Thanks for all you do including your humor, advise, encouragement, knowledge, opinion, experience, and friendship.

Have a great 2010!
Season's Greetings to all!

Peace out, Freaks!
A very merry Christmas from the great white north.

Merry Christmas to everyone! Hope you all get what you want.
Christmas came early for me. My wife took my truck from work this morning. This is what was in it when she returned.
http://www.koendersmfg.com/fishing.htm
Wood, your a lucky guy ! Hadnt seen anything like that,what a great idea.
After having met so many of you, I'm now just thinking what a bomb holiday party we would have.
After having met so many of you, I'm now just thinking what a bomb holiday party we would have.

hmmm...who might have a crib big enough for the gig?
 Originally Posted By: Brettski

hmmm...who might have a crib big enough for the gig?

I'll bring the chips!

Hey, is it Grettski? Am I supposed to know you from somewhere?
Sunil, was the bomb referance about TomG? \:o

When do you want us to arrive for the festivities?

Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas, all.
\:\) - \:\) - \:\) - \:\)

* --------- M E R R Y * C H R I S T M A S -------- *

Theo - 4:03 am you must have turned in early !!!!

Not as early as I would have liked; about like a typical work day.
Are your kids still getting you up that early for Santa?
Man, have they got a sucker.
Nah, I hauled Fish Wife (who is down to one arm after shoulder surgery) in to her Mom's place (which is handicapped accessible, good for both MIL and my parents) to put a prime rib in the oven for her there in time to cook for lunch for both sides of the family. Fish Wife's not allowed to lift over a pound with her right arm for another month or so.

Then we came home and decided to wake Gallus Jr. up at 0900. His little sister beat him out of bed by maybe an hour.
How was Gallus Jr.'s first semester ?
4.0 for the first quarter. \:\)
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
4.0 for the first quarter. \:\)

"OH, BIG SURPRISE!!!!" - Cosmo Kramer
Surviving that first semester is key.
Seeing as those Coronas are probably still in your workshop fridge, give Young Gallus one on me.
There is one left. \:\)
(Ewest must still be sleeping....I'll rekindle the Christmas fire)
Merry 2010 Christmas, ya'll.

My Christmas present 2009 was a diagnosis for life threatening rectal cancer.
We had plans to visit my son and family in San Antonio but called the whole thing off and shut the blinds and stay home.
After surviving bladder cancer for 6 years it was just too much to handle - I didn't want to see or talk to any one.

I was wrong and ashamed of myself when my best fishin' buddy, who happens to be my personal physician, called and gave me a kick in the butt and told me to load the wagon and celebrate Christmas with my family.

I dutifully obeyed and he called me Christmas eve with good news that CT scan was clean and cancer had not spread.
That was the best Christmas gift ever ...... until this morning ....

I am up early in good spirits and good health - my sweetheart is still in bed awaiting her first cup of coffee.
The turkey will soon be in the oven, the pies are baked and two of our sons and two grandsons will soon be here to spend the day with us.

This will be my best Christmas present ever, and I am thankful for my family and all my PondBoss and fishin' buddies!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL!
George
Good news George! Glad to hear the CT scan came out favorably.

I took Santa Clause to jail last night... OK, well it wasn't really Santa but he was a drunk driver over twice the legal BAC limit dressed as Santa. I like to think maybe I saved a couple people's lives early this Christmas morning. Merry Christmas and good night... Back to work this evening, the wife and dog are out of town so it's eerie quiet at home which should make for some good sleep!
Travis, since I retired, last night was my first Christmas Eve off in six years. Keep safe out there. Have a good sleep time.
Life is the gift we celebrate today. Renewal of a life fallen from grace is the best gift of all. That is the lesson Scrooge learned and lived out the balance of his life on that principal. In the balance of his life well lived he helped many including Tiny Tim.
Grace and Peace to us all.
As we celebrate the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ, we take time to celebrate our friendships and families as well.
Merry Christmas dear Pond Boss family! Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas, Friends!
A left coast Merry Christmas to you all and I wish you a health, happy and prosperous New Year.
I hope you all spend this Christmas day surrounded by those you love.
Merry Christnas to all.
Merry Christmas everyone! George, that's great news. I think I'll be going down your way this Spring, maybe we can get together again, this time near Sulphur Springs?

Travis and the stick, I don't know how you put up with the idiots that you saw every day. Travis, stay safe out there!
And a Merry Christmas from a beautiful snow decorated WV. May you all enjoy friends, family, and good food. And, don't shoot any metal signs with that Daisey Red Rider!
Merry Christmas to all from sunny Alabama!

Merry Christmas to all you Pond Bossers, and a hope for a Happy Healthy New Year.
Merry Christmas to all. Thank you Pond Boss.
Love that holly pic Rick !!!

Same to you Dudley. Were the bonfires on the levees successful in lighting ole St. Nick's path?

Snow in the deep south on Christmas - yes miracles do happen.
A belated Merry Christmas from my clan...We're near the central Jersey shore. We're enjoying the first couple inches of the forcasted 12-14" to come over the next 24 hours. It's beautiful today...probably not so much tomorrow!
Time to revive the PB Christmas thread. It is worth a read or re-read.

Best wishes and blessings to all of you during this special time of year. May we all be redeemed like Scrooge.
Ho to the third power to all!
Merry Christmas everyone! It looks like it will NOT be a white Christmas this year, and all of the ponds are open. 100% about face from last year.
Wow, I forgot all about the vortex inversion overdrive beaconing transducer!

Merry Christmas 2011 to everyone! We are blessed people, every one.
Merry Christmas to all!

Came home today at my week day apt. And a number of kids were playing Hockey with Roller Blades, wearing summer cloths out in the lot. Short's and a T shirt.

Probably wont get any snow till sometime in January. Feb. is usually the coldest time for us here, But, I'll keep my windows open for now.

Ground actually never freezes around here, and the Ice is light, Lately.
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

Best Wishes for 2012!

Dreams of summers at the pond while we slumber....
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

Best Wishes for 2012!

Dreams of summers at the pond while we slumber....
with whippoorwills singing.
... and owls hooting and doves calling while dragonflies dart back and forth !

Good news is the days are now getting longer.
'tis a wonderful day. This is our "first day" of Christmas. Four generations of family, along with several dogs and cats, are gathered in the kitchen -- our big cat and I came down to the guest room in the basement for a little peace and quiet. With grandkids and their parents each having other families to celebrate the holidays with, we split our local Christmas over three days.

Time to go get some Christmas ham and some smoked trout!

Have a fantastic and safe holiday.

( . . . and I triple-dog-dare you to kiss the flagpole!)
I thought is was to lick the flagpole.

Great one, Nate.
Nate, I like that.
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
I thought is was to lick the flagpole.

Be careful Ralphie. An attitude like that could put your eye out!
That and "It's a wonderful life" are my 2 favorite Xmas movies.
Kids and grandkids here. Reading PB Forum, and drinking coffee from my PB coffee mug. Heck, the only thing that could make this any better might be a pheasant trip this afternoon??
Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year to everyone at Pond Boss.

Hey Dave, it might be safer at home, remember your last Pheasant trip. grin

Merry Christmas fellow pond meisters. West coast wishes to all for a safe and happy Christmas and a new year of heath and prosperity.
Likewise to you Jeff and everyone here!
Merry Christmas fellow Pond Boss members!
Ad pond -- they are indeed tough! smile
Merry Christmas to all y'all (that's the plural form). Also special thanks to the Lord for the recent rains. More rain due tomorrow. Watershed starting to work harder.
Give thanks for the day.
Time to revive the PB Christmas thread. A good read.

Add your's for this year.
Merry Xmas to all.
Merry Christmas to all!
It's Thanksgiving Day all over again for me....all is well!
My very best wishes go out to each and everyone!
The Glazeners
Merry Christmas! Got a white one this year, quite a contrast from last year! Blowing snow and white-outs. Love it!
Merry christmas to all,
And to all have a good catch.

Jim
Merry Christmas Pond Boss Family....

True statement, Zep! Merry Christmas to the Pond Boss family! smile
Merry Christmas to all, and remember what it's all about.
My only request is that on Christmas day take a moment to think about all who choose to not be at home because they are serving others far from home before you open your presents.

For me, I will get a big cup of tea with some honey in it and watch the sun rise or the fireplace if it is raining and remember those times and think of the ones still there, and the ones that did not come home.

Christmas is special, and I will defend it always.
Merry Christmas. Pondboss is is a great family in its own right!
Old Saint Nick is short and thick,
so I've been told by ma.
But I saw him, he's tall and thin,
looks just like my pa.

HO-HO-HO
Merry Christmas,
the stick
Very Nice Stick!

My kids now know that he is 'fake' mainly because of other kids at school, but regardless they still get excited about the milk and cookies I just downed(they are now sleeping) and we put out the fire in the fireplace and the excitement was just buzzing full force tonight...My parents never let us open any presents early, but I am still a kid at heart so we each opened one small present tonight....In the morning they are allowed to come wake me up as early as they get up, but still Ill probably be the first one up well before the sun....Its Christmas tomorrow and Im just as excited now a days as ever....

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone! Hope you all get to spend some time with your families and also some time reflecting on AL and Brians posts above!!!
Merry Christmas everybody!
Merry Christmas!
Stormy here in Garland on Christmas Morning. Supposed to turn to snow this afternoon. How perfect is that?
Merry Christmas all!
Merry Christmas! It's been another crazy holiday at the Haps. Hmmm that sounds like it could be a zany Christmas Movie....

"Holiday at the Haps"

Anyhoo, Mom fell on Sunday evening and we had to take her to the emergency room, she was admitted to the hospital and we were there until 2:00am yesterday. Turned out she hadn't been eating lately. She is bruised and scrapped up but otherwise okay. We are heading over to the hospital in an hour or so, hopefully she will get released today. Christmas dinner has been postponed until the weekend. We might open gifts if we can break Mom out of the hospital.

But Mom is okay and Ricki and I are doing well so that is enough of a present for me this year.

Merry Christmas from the left coast. Hug your family and remember that health and family are the best gifts that one can receive.

Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year...

Jeff and Ricki

PS:
At this point there is no evidence that she was run over by a Reindeer, but I am still not ruling that out as a theory.
Third time in history we've had snow on Christmas Day!

Looks like the Texas flag needs some work.....

Beautiful place there!
I noticed that after I posted pics. I think it was trying to get to the barn. Lots of weather here over the last 24 hours.
Weather was crazy last Friday, and really miserable. Snow is all gone, but the pond out back has a bit of ice cover now.

You may just have our stuff laugh

And, you can keep it laugh laugh laugh
Rainiest Christmas ever here. Lots of rain over the last 18 hrs. Santa used a boat with LMB pulling it.
I had a very nice Christmas with family and friends, that I will remember for a long time.

How about you! smile
Blizzard expected here. They are calling for 10-15" of snow, with 35-40 mph winds, starting around 1:00 am tomorrow morning and running through 7:00 pm. Ought to be interesting.
The predicted blizzard for us missed. It did leave us with a white Christmas! Only got a few a inches. They said that if we would have had more moisture, it would have been worse. Sprkplug, I believe this is the same system.
Same storm that came here. There's 1/16" of ice left on the side streets, and that should bring Dallas to a standstill.
We wound up with about 1.5 inches of moisture with the rain and snow. No idea about up in the country. As usual, I figure it got less rain and more messy stuff.

One daughter, 2 grandkids, one great Grandson and a couple of Granddaughters later to pick up their loot. Watched 3 great grandsons on the left coast open presents courtesy of Skype. Skype is a neat tool. Another daughter and grandson will be here tomorrow.
Eight inches so far, still coming down hard. Headed out to plow....afraid if I wait for it to be over, I won't be able to move it.
And their predicting it here too. 8-14" with high winds. Nothing yet......
Only moderate rain here. There was about 75 migrating geese(they are smaller and darker then the resident ones) on my front pond Sunday. Does anyone know if they can sense a bad storm that far in advance? They seem to come like this every year and hang around till spring.
Eleven inches so far. Still coming down.
Originally Posted By: FireIsHot

Well Al...looks like any possible surviving Tilapia are done!
May The Tilapia Rest In Peace....

Mark, where do you get all these pics?! Funny stuff.

Yep, I'm gonna say you're right. Pulled my flatbed home from the farm yesterday, and your area got hit the worst. Several cars in ditches on 276.

But, Christmas trees I got! I hit the box stores first thing this morning.
Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
Christmas trees I got! I hit the box stores first thing this morning.

I was going to do that this week...
it seems like independent X-mas tree lots in Dallas were rare this year
did you have better luck at Lowes or Home Depot?
Free?

You going to attach a cinder-block and sink?
Is there an art to this too?

Before I left for the farm yesterday morning, I cruised the hood and founds tree lots and big boxes that still had trees.

I made a few calls right at 6, and hit one Home Depot this AM, and got all I could tote.

I'll do a few with cider blocks, but Eric posted some pics of a different method with a post. That gave me some new ideas, and I'll post those pics after I get back and try it.

No art, just low water right now, so I figured it's the best time to get them out.
Merry Christmas to all !!! Time to revisit the Pond Boss Christmas thread ! In anticipation of some reference to Mr. Scrooge I want to remind us all that it is not how we start life but how we balance out in the end. Dickens reminds us of the power of good and redemption and that Mr. Scrooge turned out well.

Since you brought up Mr. Scrooge I think it important for all of us to please remember how he turned out, as the happiest most fulfilled man in the town, who after the following conservation with Spirit no. 2 ( note the warning); set out below ,personally relieved much IGNORANCE and WANT.

From Dickens :

"Forgive me if I am not justified in what I ask," said Scrooge, looking intently at the Spirit's robe, "but I see something strange, and not belonging to yourself, protruding from your skirts. Is it a foot or a claw?"

"It might be a claw, for the flesh there is upon it," was the Spirit's sorrowful reply. "Look here."

From the foldings of its robe, it brought two children; wretched, abject, frightful, hideous, miserable. They knelt down at its feet, and clung upon the outside of its garment.

"Oh, Man, look here! Look, look, down here!" exclaimed the Ghost.

They were a boy and a girl. Yellow, meagre, ragged, scowling, wolfish; but prostrate, too, in their humility. Where graceful youth should have filled their features out, and touched them with its freshest tints, a stale and shrivelled hand, like that of age, had pinched, and twisted them, and pulled them into shreds. Where angels might have sat enthroned, devils lurked, and glared out menacing. No change, no degradation, no perversion of humanity, in any grade, through all the mysteries of wonderful creation, has monsters half so horrible and dread.

Scrooge started back, appalled. Having them shown to him in this way, he tried to say they were fine children, but the words choked themselves, rather than be parties to a lie of such enormous magnitude.

"Spirit, are they yours?" Scrooge could say no more.

"They are Man's," said the Spirit, looking down upon them. "And they cling to me, appealing from their fathers. This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased. Deny it!" cried the Spirit, stretching out its hand towards the city. "Slander those who tell it ye. Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse. And abide the end."

"Have they no refuge or resource?" cried Scrooge.

"Are there no prisons?" said the Spirit, turning on him for the last time with his own words. "Are there no workhouses?"

The bell struck twelve.

------------------------------------------------

In the end the following speaks volumes of what Christmas is about.

Scrooge was better than his word. He did it all, and infinitely more; and to Tiny Tim, who did not die, he was a second father. He became as good a friend, as good a master, and as good a man, as the good old city knew, or any other good old city, town, or borough, in the good old world. Some people laughed to see the alteration in him, but he let them laugh, and little heeded them; for he was wise enough to know that nothing ever happened on this globe, for good, at which some people did not have their fill of laughter in the outset; and knowing that such as these would be blind anyway, he thought it quite as well that they should wrinkle up their eyes in grins, as have the malady in less attractive forms. His own heart laughed: and that was quite enough for him.

He had no further intercourse with Spirits, but lived upon the Total Abstinence Principle, ever afterwards; and it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed," GOD BLESS US , EVERY ONE !"
Merry Christmas,all!
Happy and Safe Christmas everybody
Yet another year gone by, so fast, so fast...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Merry Christmas to all.
Happy Holidays to all! Stay warm fellow Hoosiers!
Thanks for that good reminder, Eric. Merry Christmas to you and Ruth! smile

Similarly, Merry Christmas to the entire PB Forum!
Enjoy your Christmas holiday and Best Wishes for the year of 2014. Make it your goal this year to in some way enhance your fishery management efforts.
Merry Christmas everyone! Best wishes from the Livingston household!
Merry Christmas from Bremer Pond!!
Merry Christmas Pond Boss Family!!
Merry Christmas to all! RAH, 2°F here this morning.
Merry Christmas everyone and may 2014 bring you good health and happiness!
Merry Christmas!

Have a safe and joyful holiday!
Merry Christmas, and thanks to all of you for helping make this a great year for us.
Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas to all.
Merry Christmas to all! Have a great holiday season. We are all very blessed!!!
Ho ho wo wo!
Merry Christmas! 4" of unexpected snow making for a beautiful Christmas eve, and a not so beautiful drive to the relatives for the Christmas Eve shindig.
Merry Christmas from the Office!
Merry Christmas from our Home!!
Merry Christmas to all and especially my Homie, Zeke!!
Merry Christmas from Hawaii.
Merry Christmas from Bonaire, N.A.

Description: View from breakfast at the Black Durgon Inn this morning. Bonaire is our winter home away from home.
Attached picture View Christmas eve from Black Durgon.jpg
Merry Xmas from Poulsbo Washington
Merry Christmas from Bloomington, IL
Merry Christmas Pond Boss!
Time to revisit the Christmas thread. Lots of good cheer in this one.

Merry Christmas to everyone ...

... and it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed," GOD BLESS US , EVERY ONE !"
Blessings come in all sizes and shapes. The trick is to find them.

"Understanding" is the key.

Merry Christmas, and may there be peace on Earth.
Thank you ALL for the giving on the forum this year!!!

Happy holidays from the MNFISH family!!
Merry Christmas all. Don't forget the reason for the season.
....and take a pause for the cause.....wait...that's not right....
Merry Christmas to all but especially the Pond Boss Family. The 15-30 minutes/day that I spend on this forum are the most "peaceful" time of the day lately. God Bless!
I hope everyone has a great Christmas. Definitely a time for family and friends.

Originally Posted By: highflyer
Blessings come in all sizes and shapes. The trick is to find them.

"Understanding" is the key.

Merry Christmas, and may there be peace on Earth.

Yep, many blessings around, just have to recognize them.

Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!! Safe travels if you are going visiting.
Yes my son is home for Christmas and that is good enough for me!! I look around the house and it's not about what's under the tree! The older I get and the more I see it's all about the family! My wife asked me what did I want for Christmas and I said I need nothing that's under a tree everything I want is right here in front of me! smile

Merry Christmas Everyone,

RC
Bing & Bowie....

http://videosift.com/video/Bing-and-Bowie-Little-Drummer-Boy
Cool!

Meat market down the road was still open, so a couple are getting Head Cheese in their stockings. Is that just silly, or what?

Trust me, they love this stuff, and so do I, but would you ever think it would show up in a stocking?

Merry Christmas!
Not silly at all....My parents were adamant that we not buy them anything, so I went out this afternoon, in between showers, and killed my mother a limit of squirrels. For my father, we made up a batch of maple cream.

When I was a kid we didn't have much money, and we just made do for Christmas. Now that we can afford it, we're right back to getting creative and making do. I suppose we've come full circle.
I went back to page 1 of this thread to read the greetings over the years. There are messages from members no longer with us, yet their words are still sending greetings.....a worth while read..
Booo!!!
Merry Christmas, ya'll!
Et tu, Brute!!!
Merry Christmas....a safe and blessed Holiday to you all! Thank you, for everyone's direction and encouragement this year...
Tony,

Understanding the true meaning smile

Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas to all. Have a great holiday season with family and friends...
Merry Christmas from the Wood family.
Hope everybody had a good one. Hey, James Wood, it's been a while.
Wood!!!!

Where have you been!!!

I didn't think you lived in Alberta.
Bump for the Christmas thread.

Merry Christmas - to each and everyone of us. !!!
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone that is in the line of severe storms tonight stays safe.
Originally Posted By: esshup
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone that is in the line of severe storms tonight stays safe.

Ditto! Looks like it's blowing by us.
Merry Christmas 2016 everybody!

Thanks ewest for the reminder about this old thread. Seems appropriate to resurrect it for all to enjoy the greetings from the past and add a few new ones if so inclined.

Happy Holidays everybody. Be safe!

Bill D
Merry Christmas
Indeed! Merry Christmas!

Thanks for all the knowledge and helpful people here. Stay safe!
Originally Posted By: Debra King
Update:

That's only 9 thankful PB members out of a registered 2300 plus. eek Come on you scrooges!!! laugh

Thanks Debra for starting this thread.

Update:

14K+ members strong now but...still lots of scrooges!
Happy Holidays, including Christmas, Hanuka, and others as appropriate for your beliefs. It appears that this thread has preempted the 2016 "Merry Christmas" thread.
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope to meet more of you all in the next year. Thanks to many for all the great advice I've received here. I'm sure our little pond is a lot better than it would have been, if it weren't for many of you all.
(I just got the renewal notice for PB magazine. I will renew!)
Merry Christmas to all! Stay safe if travelling and enjoy time with families and friends.
Merry XMAS all
I intended to express my holiday wishes, but became confused when I discovered two threads dealing with the same thing. Now I'm afraid of posting anything for fear of alienating the thread that I don't post in....the stress is terrible. So much for glad tidings I suppose.

Ah, just kidding....Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Sparks, Confused? I remember your fishing attire a year or two back. Just messen with u. This is a good time to give Thanks for all of you good people. Merry Christmas to you and your Families.
Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Update:

That's only 9 thankful PB members out of a registered 2300 plus. eek Come on you scrooges!!! laugh

Update:

I'm curious at the discrepancy between 2300 'registered' and 14,000 'members' Is there a way more of the 'members' can become 'registered'? Do we know how many unique users log in at least once a year? Are there truly 13,000+ lurkers? Or are accounts 'deregistered' once there is no logins after so many years?

I add my hearty holiday greetings to all as well and hope all things water related go well for you in the year to come.
Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Update:

Update:

I'm curious at the discrepancy between 2300 'registered' and 14,000 'members' .....

CC,

Debra King's post is from 2005 so there must have only been about 2300 members back then...
Not scrooges, just busy with other things. I don't visit any other forums because folks here seem to think like me. My condolences to you all:) Also, my kids are still not here. They are young and at work.
HO HO HO
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
TIS THE SEASON! Be safe and have a good time. From Oakwood Texas!
Merry Christmas everyone and all the best in 2017!
Posted By: Flame Merry Christmas!!! - 12/24/16 02:59 PM
A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone here on this wonderful forum from James and Sonya here in deep east Texas!!!
Merry Christmas, All. Be safe out there travelling around!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Merry Christmas!!! - 12/25/16 12:38 PM
Back Atcha.
Merry Christmas to all the PB family.
Merry Christmas 2016

Posted By: Zep Re: Merry Christmas!!! - 12/25/16 01:35 PM
Merry Christmas 2016

Posted By: esshup Re: Merry Christmas!!! - 12/25/16 01:56 PM
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: Merry Christmas!!! - 12/25/16 02:07 PM
Same to all of ya and thanks!
To all my Pondboss friends and their families,

Merry Christmas and a Blessed and Happy New Year.
Same goes here. Merry Christmas!

John

Description: Christmas in the Caribbean
Attached picture 20161225_090935.jpg
Snrub,
Wow! You greatly expanded your pond! Looks nice!
Merry Christmas & Cheers from Pittsburgh PA!!!
Happy Holidays - Do more for your pond in 2017.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Merry Christmas!!! - 12/26/16 01:55 AM
Missed you guys down here!!

Merry Christmas & GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As Tiny Tim said God bless us, everyone of us !!!
The old PB Christmas thread.

Merry Christmas all !!!
DITTO
At airport heading to Seattle area to XMAS with granddaughter and 4 Great grandkids
Merry Christmas to all and if you're traveling please be careful and enjoy family!!
Happy Holidays everybody!
Merry Christmas!
It's memory makin time again!! Wishing every single one of you a Very Merry Christmas from my family to yours from deep east Texas!!
Merry Christmas from where it doesn't snow.

Description: Our view from the outdoor kitchen
Attached picture 20171220_073440.jpg

Description: Orange colored seahorse about 200 feet from our room
Attached picture PC210192-1.JPG
Merry Christmas !!!!!
Merry Christmas to all and another thank you to all things Pond Boss!

In hopes 2017 brought you much joy and happiness I hope 2018 is a year of good health, happiness, new beginnings and that you make it a year of caring and sharing.

For today, reach out to someone less fortunate and find a way to put a Christmas smile on their face. Sometimes a hug is all they need.

'Tis the season smile .

Keith
I hope all my extended PB family are having a great Christmas.
Merry Christmas to all our friends here and everywhere.

May 2018 bring joy and peace to all.
Kids having Christmas fun:

Merry Christmas everyone......!!!
Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas

Fat, happy, kicked back on the recliner, and counting my blessings. This could take a long time....
Merry Christmas!!!
Just got one of the best Christmas gifts ever. A subscription to pond boss magazine ! Can't wait to start getting the magazine in the mail!
Merry Christmas Guys and a Happy New Year.
…. as Tiny Tim observed," GOD BLESS US , EVERY ONE !
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all!
Merry Christmas to all my pond boss family from here in deep east Texas!! May you make lots of memories this holiday season!!
Merry Christmas to all, and a big thank you for questions answered, last Christmas eve I was digging away at my new pond, about half done, and now it is about 3.5 ft from full pool, but most of the water came in a three month period, March thru April.

Attached picture IMG_1265.jpg
Wood!!!!! Where the hell have you been??

Last post was (5) years ago!!!!

Merry Christmas!!
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas n a safe new years. Thank you all for all the help and advice over the last year or so. FROM THE STRINGERS TO ALL!!!

Attached picture Screenshot_20191224-103318_Gallery.jpg
Merry Christmas 2019...

The past five years that I have been here at the forum and a pond owner, I have enjoyed the Christmas greetings. So again I would like to wish all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Merry Christmas form Japan (already Christmas here)!!
Merry Christmas!!
Merry Christmas to everyone, and may Santa be kind to all!I hope he is kind to me and gives me lots of rain soon!lol!
Merry Christmas everybody!!
Merry Christmas....!!!

My thoughts also Sunil. Where in the dickens have you been James?
Merry Christmas to all and I hope all your Christmas wishes come true.
A Good Pond Christmas To All.
Merry Christmas to all!
Merry Christmas guys and gals. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Blessings to all on this Christmas Day !!!
© Pond Boss Forum