Pond Boss
Posted By: esshup Well, this ain't about ponds. - 10/12/21 05:48 AM
Does anybody here know anybody that has purchased a silencer since the last presidential election? If so, do you know what type of form they filed (form 4, individual [e-file or paper]) (form 4 Trust - can only file paper)? How long was it between the time the tax stamp was cashed and the gun shop received the Tax Stamp so the customer could come and pick up their silencer?

Looking at the ATF site, it says 175 days. Looking at a few places that track such things, they say it's running 168-175 days from the ATF cashing the tax stamp check until its approved for a form 4 individual, and 260 days for a form 4 trust.

I stopped at the local gun shop and they said it's been running 3-6 months. I know one guy that filed a form 4 individual and it took a year. This guy bought his through the same shop that said it has been running 3-6 months.

I'm looking for something like "form 4 paper, 200 days from date of tax stamp check being cashed until tax stamp received"

Thanks!
Posted By: gehajake Re: Well, this ain't about ponds. - 10/12/21 11:32 AM
I purchased one in 2020 and was told with the covid mess I could be looking at between 8 mo to a yr, I think I picked it up in like 6 months.
Posted By: Journeyman Re: Well, this ain't about ponds. - 10/12/21 11:58 AM
I have one in jail right now.
Best I can tell is, prepare for 8 months.
If you haven't made the purchase yet, take a look at the Banish30.
Posted By: jludwig Re: Well, this ain't about ponds. - 10/12/21 05:04 PM
I was starting to evaluate different ones to see which ones I wanted to buy. This is helpful information for me.
Posted By: esshup Re: Well, this ain't about ponds. - 10/13/21 05:01 AM
Problem is they keep coming out with new ones during the time you are still waiting to get yours. Sig Sauer makes a modular one that is nice. 3D printing is how they make it. Cans made of Titanium construction helps reduce the weight.
© Pond Boss Forum