Pond Boss
Posted By: RC51 Hello PB Family - 03/11/20 02:32 PM
Once again sorry for being so absent. It's been a bit of a crazy ride these past few months. My wife finally got done with her chemo thank God. That is some nasty stuff. Can't tell you how many times she has cried herself to sleep...Ugh She now has 5 weeks of daily radiation to go through and she is not looking forward to that. On a high note her hair is starting to grow back!! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers still as this journey is not quite done yet and she is getting very tired, and so am I lol. Long nights fighting depression extra work at home extra work at work and all of it is starting to get a bit stressful. Thanks again for all your support and prayers for Lauri especially. She is a trooper and WILL pull though. smile I'll update and holler again when I can.

thx,

RC
Posted By: highflyer Re: Hello PB Family - 03/11/20 02:57 PM
RC,
The silver lotion for her skin is good stuff. It will limit her issues. About the rest, I believe it is sometimes worse being the caregiver. The helplessness you feel sucks. In the end, it is amazing what modern medicine can do. I am grateful for the family members I still have with me because of treatments in the past.

The anchor I use comes from above. Know you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. There is nothing more powerful. Stay strong, and if you're up to it, bring her to East Texas on the 18th of Apr for our get together. You are both welcome and will be among friends.
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Hello PB Family - 03/11/20 05:08 PM
I'm praying for you all! Keep up the strength RC!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Hello PB Family - 03/11/20 05:20 PM
Straight ahead, RC51!!!

As you know, (5) weeks is a blink of an eye.

A day can't get any longer than it's 24-hour span, so just focus on the next step in front of you, and 'voila!' you'll be through it!!!
Posted By: RStringer Re: Hello PB Family - 03/11/20 06:03 PM
RC will you give her a big ol POND BOSS hug from all of us. She will have many prayers said for her over the next five weeks.
Posted By: ewest Re: Hello PB Family - 03/12/20 02:06 AM
RC prayers from all of us. You have to be strong for her and you. You are not alone - many have faced this and survived with flying colors. We are here to help.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Hello PB Family - 03/12/20 11:35 AM
Prayers coming
Posted By: Flame Re: Hello PB Family - 03/12/20 12:25 PM
Prayers to all of you RC!!!
Posted By: RAH Re: Hello PB Family - 03/12/20 01:15 PM
Praying for you both.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Hello PB Family - 03/14/20 01:00 AM
Thanks everyone I appreciate it very much and so does Lauri!!
Posted By: anthropic Re: Hello PB Family - 03/14/20 08:39 AM
So sorry to hear what you & your wife are going through, RC! Will pray for you both.
Posted By: kenc Re: Hello PB Family - 03/15/20 01:23 AM
So sorry you guys are going through this. Hopefully, your wife will come out of this soon, and will make a complete recovery. I have had chemo three times for nearly three years, but am doing the best since 2001 when our cancer journey started. Just hang in there, and make sure she does everything that the doctors tell her to do. Modern medicine can keep cancer people alive much longer now. The best of luck to Both of you.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Hello PB Family - 03/16/20 06:16 AM
RC we're sending our family's healing thoughts your way!
Posted By: john kelsey Re: Hello PB Family - 03/16/20 11:37 AM
God bless.
© Pond Boss Forum