Pond Boss
Posted By: RC51 My lack of being around - 11/07/19 05:23 PM
Sorry to everyone about me not being around like I used to be. Life just got a bit crazy in general and then 2 months ago my wife of 32 years was diagnosed with breast cancer. So my so called "Living the Dream" has been put on hold for now. She had her first chemo treatment on Monday and is not doing to well today. Man that stuff sucks!!! We found it early thank goodness it was about stage 2.5 so that was a good thing but she still has had 2 surgeries and now has to have 4 rounds of chemo and 5 weeks of daily radiation. So please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. This to shall pass we just have to get out of this valley were in and the sunrise will be waiting for us on the other side! You all are the best and thank you for everything my friends.

RC
Posted By: RAH Re: My lack of being around - 11/07/19 05:48 PM
Wishing you all the very best and will keep you in my prayers.
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: My lack of being around - 11/07/19 06:15 PM
Keep your strength and faith up RC! It will certainly help your wife (and others) through it all. I'm praying for you and yours too!
Posted By: RStringer Re: My lack of being around - 11/07/19 06:28 PM
Oh man im sorry to hear that. Will defiantly put her (and you)on the list. Stay positive attitudes are contagious.
Posted By: Zep Re: My lack of being around - 11/07/19 06:56 PM
Prayers from Texas RC51
Posted By: ewest Re: My lack of being around - 11/07/19 07:29 PM
RC please pass along our prayers and thoughts for the happy sunny days to come !

Keep us posted !!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: My lack of being around - 11/07/19 08:07 PM
Prayers up. Keep positive for here sake.
Posted By: wbuffetjr Re: My lack of being around - 11/07/19 08:27 PM
Prayers sent!! Hang in there!
Posted By: Bill D. Re: My lack of being around - 11/07/19 08:38 PM
Hang in there Buddy! Our warmest regards and best wishes to your bride!
Posted By: jgr Re: My lack of being around - 11/07/19 10:22 PM
RC51 you are very right it sucks. My wife was diagnosed with stage 4 in Feb. of 2014. It has been a long battle for one tough lady with countless radiations, chemo treatments that can be brutal and surgeries. Thank goodness for new research that continues to bring new options. Our goal continues to be quality of life. I am thankful yours was caught earlier because that gives you far more options. We have been married for 47 years and it was always a dream of ours to have our own pond and we do enjoy it but it is a hobby. Just driving out there and looking over the water is very therapeutic. I do not know you but anytime you would like to talk to someone I would be very happy to visit even it is just about our ponds. We will pray for you and your wife.
Posted By: Bocomo Re: My lack of being around - 11/07/19 10:46 PM
Best wishes for a speedy and durable recovery!
Posted By: RC51 Re: My lack of being around - 11/08/19 02:25 AM
Thanks so much everyone i will keep u all posted for sure. Im always reminded what Eric always says make sure u take time to stop and smell the roses. No day is guaranteed in this life. Enjoy everyone as best u can. Thanks again my PB family.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: My lack of being around - 11/08/19 05:35 AM
RC and JGR sending healing thoughts your way - blessings PB bros!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: My lack of being around - 11/08/19 10:56 AM
Prayers sent
Posted By: Sunil Re: My lack of being around - 11/08/19 12:58 PM
Straight ahead, RC!!!

What's your wife's name? (It helps with the positive thoughts and prayers)
Posted By: TGW1 Re: My lack of being around - 11/08/19 01:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your wives guys. And I wish and hope the best for them. My wife is going through it right now. Second surgery is the 21st and radiation will start after the area heals from the surgery. We are encouraged right now from what the doctors are telling her. I believe in Prayers and Jesus Christ. He helps me get through it all.
Posted By: jgr Re: My lack of being around - 11/08/19 02:45 PM
Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. My intention was not to take away from RC and his wife and the battle they are going through , but one of the first things you learn after the initial shock is you are not alone, and we are not. I am continuously amazed at the strength these ladies have and how much they love life.
Posted By: gehajake Re: My lack of being around - 11/08/19 02:54 PM
Originally Posted By: jgr
Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. My intention was not to take away from RC and his wife and the battle they are going through , but one of the first things you learn after the initial shock is you are not alone, and we are not. I am continuously amazed at the strength these ladies have and how much they love life.

I don't think you took away from his post,, more like added to it, its amazing how many are going to similar struggles but without talking about it the rest of us don't know.
Many prayers and positive thoughts to each and every one of you effected by this awful disease. may your days ahead get brighter and back to fishing and enjoying life as it was meant to be.
Posted By: RC51 Re: My lack of being around - 11/08/19 03:30 PM
Hey Sunil my wife's name is Lauri thanks again everyone and of course will be praying for others here that are fighting this ugly sickness....
Posted By: Augie Re: My lack of being around - 11/08/19 04:56 PM
We will keep your family in our prayers, RC.
Posted By: 5444 Re: My lack of being around - 11/08/19 07:03 PM
Prayers sent!
Posted By: snrub Re: My lack of being around - 11/08/19 08:53 PM
Best wishes RC. Cancer sucks.

Here is a link to a doctor whose mother suffered cancer and her search for finding ways of helping her through diet. Don't dismiss the importance of cancer thriving on glucose and doing poorly on ketones for fuel. Her book is very good and inspiring. We listened to the audio version.

Dr Annette Bosworth on cancer treatment

Dr Stephen Phinney has also done a lot of cancer research related to diet.
Dr Phinney
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: My lack of being around - 11/08/19 08:57 PM
Prayers for ALL that are going through this. I am amazed at the strength of prayer. Keep fighting!
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: My lack of being around - 11/09/19 03:00 AM
Hoping everything works out for the best results. Stay strong as support for Lauri.
Posted By: highflyer Re: My lack of being around - 11/09/19 05:11 PM
The best thing about prayer circles is that they never get too big and they always come back around.

Pray humble, fight strong!
Posted By: RC51 Re: My lack of being around - 12/03/19 07:12 PM
Hey everyone hope you all had a great Turkey Day!!! Quick update on my wife.

Lauri's first treatment was not very well at all. Ended up in the hospital with a 103.3 temp...wow that was scary I think they gave her a bit to much for her first dose and then on top of it she ended up with a UTI also so that wasn't helping any. Well 2.5 days in the hospital she got to come home.

She finally started feeling better and 3 days later she had to go back in for her next treatment. That was on the 25th. So needless to say Thanksgiving for us was not the best but at least things went a bit better this time and she did not get near as sick. Over half her hair is gone now and she is pretty depressed about it but I do my best to keep her spirits up and make her laugh as much as I can.

Her next treatment is on the 16th, so hopefully she will be feeling better before Christmas rolls around. Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers and I hope this post finds you all doing well.

RC51
Posted By: RAH Re: My lack of being around - 12/03/19 07:59 PM
Keeping you all in my prayers. My Mom had advanced colon cancer when she was 53. The treatments were rough. She is now over 80 and doing well. Keep the faith.
Posted By: Sunil Re: My lack of being around - 12/03/19 08:04 PM
Straight ahead!!!
Posted By: SetterGuy Re: My lack of being around - 12/04/19 12:53 PM
RC,
I haven’t been around for a while, and wasn’t aware of what was happening.
You all are in our Prayers. Two good friends just went through colon cancer protocol, they are both doing great. Hopefully Christmas will be better.
Jeff
Posted By: john kelsey Re: My lack of being around - 12/04/19 01:42 PM
There is so much cancer now. It seems like everyone is effected by it. But cancer treatment is big business.It seems there is no rush to cure it.
Posted By: RAH Re: My lack of being around - 12/04/19 03:53 PM
As a scientist, I can assure you that there is no conspiracy around not curing cancer. Researchers have been and are working very hard to cure the many different forms of cancer. Treatment is much improved as well. However, polls show that 50% of the public believe in medical conspiracies, so you are not alone. A recent poll also found that 80% of the public want food containing DNA to be labelled. Science education in the USA is dismal.

"In the United States, the overall cancer death rate has declined since the early 1990s. The most recent SEER Cancer Statistics Review, released in April 2018, shows that cancer death rates decreased by:

1.8% per year among men from 2006 to 2015
1.4% per year among women from 2006 to 2015
1.4% per year among children ages 0–19 from 2011 to 2015"

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/understanding/statistics
Posted By: Zep Re: My lack of being around - 12/04/19 04:18 PM
Originally Posted By: RAH
As a scientist, I can assure you that there is no conspiracy around not curing cancer.

Probably no conspiracy...but we must be careful and try to be informed patients because there are unethical and/or incompetent doctors and dentists pushing expensive procedures and medicines that are not needed and/or don't work. Of course I assume the vast majority of doctors and dentists are ethical competent professionals...No surprise there are bad apples in every profession.

On the more important issue RC51 I hope your wife responds well to therapy and makes a full recovery.
Posted By: RAH Re: My lack of being around - 12/04/19 10:00 PM
RC51's wife is the one getting the therapy. Keep up the prayers! There are always bad apples, but I prefer to think the best of folks until they prove me wrong.
Posted By: Tbar Re: My lack of being around - 12/04/19 11:50 PM
Originally Posted By: RAH
As a scientist, I can assure you that there is no conspiracy around not curing cancer. Researchers have been and are working very hard to cure the many different forms of cancer. Treatment is much improved as well. However, polls show that 50% of the public believe in medical conspiracies, so you are not alone. A recent poll also found that 80% of the public want food containing DNA to be labelled. Science education in the USA is dismal.

"In the United States, the overall cancer death rate has declined since the early 1990s. The most recent SEER Cancer Statistics Review, released in April 2018, shows that cancer death rates decreased by:

1.8% per year among men from 2006 to 2015
1.4% per year among women from 2006 to 2015
1.4% per year among children ages 0–19 from 2011 to 2015"

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/understanding/statistics

My cousins wife came down with Leukemia in the early 80's. Treatment then was strong radiation and bone marrow transplant. She was the only one in her "class" of patients to survive 5 years. As a result of the strong ration she came down with breast cancer 5 years ago beating that only now to come down with brain cancer and a stroke she is dealing with now.

All this to say we have a friend diagnosed earlier this year with the exact same kind of Leukemia as my cousins wife....exact same kind.

Her treatment.......taking pills. Period.

Medicine has come a long way in 35 years.

RC51 best wishes and prayers for your wife.

Posted By: TGW1 Re: My lack of being around - 12/05/19 01:01 PM
I have a long time friend from my school days days who is a conspiracy guy that believes that it's in Pharmaceuticals, 911, chemtrails etc. When he starts up with all that, I just have to let it roll off. He is a good guy, a fishing friend but sometimes I suggest he not say those things to others. smile

RC, Wishing the best for your wife and hope she comes through this cancer. I think she has a good shot at overcoming it all.
Posted By: RAH Re: My lack of being around - 12/05/19 03:25 PM
What can we expect when "Ancient Aliens" is shown on The History Channel?
Posted By: anthropic Re: My lack of being around - 12/06/19 05:14 AM
grin
© Pond Boss Forum