Pond Boss
Posted By: ThePondDragon College - 09/24/19 09:10 PM
Hey guys. Just wanted to hop in and say I am starting college this year. I want to get a degree in fisheries management and this forum was a huge factor in that choice. Thanks for changing my future.
Posted By: ThePondDragon Re: College - 09/24/19 09:12 PM
Found a familiar name smile

Attached picture 20190924_161156.jpg
Posted By: Joey Quarry Re: College - 09/24/19 09:41 PM
Originally Posted By: ThePondDragon
Hey guys. Just wanted to hop in and say I am starting college this year. I want to get a degree in fisheries management and this forum was a huge factor in that choice. Thanks for changing my future.

Congratulations, Dragon, college is a great experience. Just don't party too much on Mifflin Street! I have heard good things about UW Milwaukee's Great Lakes Research Institute but no matter where you plan to attend, I hope it is an enjoyable, fulfilling experience.

ON WISCONSIN!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: College - 09/25/19 01:42 AM
Best to you
Posted By: Sunil Re: College - 09/25/19 11:56 AM
Straight Ahead!!!!
Posted By: RStringer Re: College - 09/25/19 12:16 PM
May the forums powers be with you Dragon. Good luck to you and keep in touch with the group please. It might encourage more to take the same path as you.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: College - 09/26/19 10:57 AM
What school?
Posted By: Freg Re: College - 09/26/19 05:38 PM
Congrats and good luck to you. My recommendation would be to start networking with pond management companies asap. Depending on where you go to school, the curriculum may not give you a lot of focus on pond management. I have a degree in wildlife and fisheries and only had one course that even touched on the topic of pond management.
Posted By: jludwig Re: College - 09/26/19 08:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Freg
Congrats and good luck to you. My recommendation would be to start networking with pond management companies asap. Depending on where you go to school, the curriculum may not give you a lot of focus on pond management. I have a degree in wildlife and fisheries and only had one course that even touched on the topic of pond management.

It would be great if you could get a summer job with a company. You will learn more than in that 3 months than in the classroom.
Posted By: Flame Re: College - 09/27/19 12:31 AM
That looks like Ray Scott with the hat on in that picture!! Can anyone confirm?
© Pond Boss Forum