Pond Boss
Posted By: Tbar I Went Fishing Yesterday... - 05/11/19 01:19 PM
...Magnet fishing that is.

Somehow the lid on my Texas Hunter feeder was left unlatched and it blew off during one of the recent storms. I had to dig out a full load of soggy feed which was gross. I covered the feeder and ordered a replacement lid from TH then on a whim I thought I would try fishing it out.

Spent over an hour throwing a magnet in 14 feet of water and finely persevered.

Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: I Went Fishing Yesterday... - 05/11/19 01:47 PM
T yours doesn’t have a wire retainer?
Posted By: Tbar Re: I Went Fishing Yesterday... - 05/11/19 02:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Pat Williamson
T yours doesn’t have a wire retainer?

It does......the S-hook that connects the cable to the lid pulled open.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: I Went Fishing Yesterday... - 05/11/19 03:15 PM
Dangit I hate when that happens yeah I need to crimp the S on mine
Posted By: JKS3613 Re: I Went Fishing Yesterday... - 05/11/19 03:56 PM
Mine came loose as well. Luckily, I noticed it before it met a similar fate.
Posted By: anthropic Re: I Went Fishing Yesterday... - 05/11/19 10:06 PM
Lost a connector on one of mine, too.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: I Went Fishing Yesterday... - 05/11/19 11:15 PM
Mine blew off once. Now I have hook type clamps holding the feeder clamps on.
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: I Went Fishing Yesterday... - 05/12/19 03:02 AM
Texas Hunter supports this forum and sponsors the facebook videos. This sounds like a weakness in the design if a few people have all faced the same issue. It seems that if someone would alert them to this weakness in their engineering that they would rapidly make changes in production and use a stronger S hook, or a spring loaded D clip or some other solution so that owners do not have to improvise with their own clamps.
Posted By: Sunil Re: I Went Fishing Yesterday... - 05/12/19 03:47 AM
Amazing!!
Posted By: anthropic Re: I Went Fishing Yesterday... - 05/12/19 04:23 AM
Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
Texas Hunter supports this forum and sponsors the facebook videos. This sounds like a weakness in the design if a few people have all faced the same issue. It seems that if someone would alert them to this weakness in their engineering that they would rapidly make changes in production and use a stronger S hook, or a spring loaded D clip or some other solution so that owners do not have to improvise with their own clamps.

Love my five Texas Hunter feeders, they are extremely reliable & well worth the money. But this a design flaw that could be corrected.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: I Went Fishing Yesterday... - 05/12/19 12:16 PM
In my case where the lid wound up at the ponds bottom was due to me not closing the clamps/locking the clamps in place. I thought it was more about my human error smile
© Pond Boss Forum