Pond Boss
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Going Home - 05/23/18 10:50 AM
Leaving tomorrow for Muleshoe Texas. I was mostly raised there; a long way from town but I still consider it home. It's been about 25+ years since we have been there. My Wife recommended it.

We'll be gone 4 days on the road. But, it won't take long to see that area. Then heading for our place outside of Bowie. I've neglected it for the last couple of months while working on a rent house. It's finally done and rented. I missed all of the good things about Spring in the country due to the work on the house. The house pretty well kicked my butt and I am weary. Don't believe I've ever used that word before.

I took my Wife there when we got married . When we left and headed home she said "Well, now I see why you from there". Not a lot to do on the plains of NW Texas.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Going Home - 05/23/18 12:06 PM
I don't know if I would have told of being from Muleshoe... Just kidding Dave. Hay ! I call East Central Oklahoma home lol. Glad to hear your headed to your place where your pond is. smile
Posted By: DrLuke Re: Going Home - 05/23/18 01:07 PM
Nothing like a little time on your pond to recharge your batteries. And remember, don't do all the 'pond chores' right away, be sure and just fish and relax and enjoy the water.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Going Home - 05/23/18 01:40 PM
I doubt that I will try to get much done. That will take more energy than I can come up with right now.

Good chance, I hope, that I can get back there later in the week. Lots of maintenance on roads needs done. If the water is cool enough early in the morning, I will do a little fishing.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: Going Home - 05/23/18 03:52 PM
Dave sounds like around here every rain event ya got to drag the road with box blade- but on a tractor it’s like r&r
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Going Home - 05/23/18 04:41 PM
My place is too rocky for a blade. I am "blessed" with a LOT of rocks. I usually get a FEL full and toss in the holes.
Posted By: Zep Re: Going Home - 05/24/18 12:30 AM
Safe travels Dave....enjoy the trip down memory lane.
© Pond Boss Forum