Pond Boss
Posted By: Sunil Member meeting - 03/06/17 08:47 AM
Got to meet PB long time member, Ryan Freeze, in Las Vegas a few hours back.

Woman and I got to enjoy a few drinks with Ryan.

I encourage everyone to make the bit of extra effort to meet, in person, with other PB folks.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Member meeting - 03/06/17 03:57 PM
Generally people with ponds are very good friendly people to know.
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Member meeting - 03/06/17 04:48 PM
Bill is onto something here! I have been involved with several forums over the years pertaining to tractors, car restoration/repair, garage builds, home improvement and so on and I am truly amazed at the PB forums. I find it easy to love each and every one of you. So many social sites/forums are plagued with arrogant, idiotic, egotistical, annoying, foul mouthed, negative...(you get the idea)people.

God has Blessed PB! And I am happy to be a part.
Posted By: CMM Re: Member meeting - 03/06/17 11:51 PM
I, too, have had the good fortune to meet a few of these great members. Sunil, Bill and Quarteracre, I'm right there with you on some good people being on this forum. The help, advice and laughs are a bright spot for me.

Cmm
Posted By: MNFISH2 Re: Member meeting - 03/07/17 01:58 AM
On one of the habitat forums I'm on we do what we call "Land tours". Members get together at one landowners place. We all tour the property and make suggestions to a landowner's questions. What's worked, what hasn't, ect. It has a lot of power because each member seems to have a special skill. And we all leverage off of each others expertise. A lot of fun plus we have one more excuse to drink a lot of beer!
Posted By: fishm_n Re: Member meeting - 03/07/17 04:53 AM
If any of you come through the Black Hills or Sturgis SD, Please drop a line, we could go fish some bass ponds or chase trout. I am planning a paddlefish trip to MT and a Grayling trip into the wilderness if any one is interested.

The wife, self employment in construction, and too young kids have foiled a number of trips to travel and fish, but Nebraska and Texas are on my list!!
Posted By: Ryan Freeze Re: Member meeting - 03/16/17 04:26 PM
I finally made it back and it was great finally meeting you in person Sunil. Cocktails are on me next time.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Member meeting - 03/16/17 09:06 PM
Sunil, maybe you and I could meet at Dairy Queen and have a Blizzard together. They're quite tasty you know.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Member meeting - 03/17/17 12:38 PM
I'll meet you at midnight ................... for a boat ride.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Member meeting - 03/17/17 07:15 PM
Does that mean I'm picking up our Blizzards? The Emory DQ closes at 10.

Only scallywags, moonshiners, and vampires come out after dark.
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Member meeting - 03/17/17 07:27 PM
I came across this thread late, but I have to say that one of the funniest anecdotes I've ever read on this site was Ryan's story about a barn, a girlfriend, an AK-47, and a raccoon. Wish I could find the thread, it was one started by Bruce, about nearly being brained by a rock he was carrying in the back of his gator.
© Pond Boss Forum