Pond Boss
Posted By: JKB May come as a shock... - 04/28/16 08:17 PM
... Just got off the phone. Yep, got a call back!!! How about that!

It is illegal in Indiana to collect state fish within a fishing license, toss them in your pond for the purpose of propagation, and sell the offspring. No way shape or form!!

My question was answered. That was the only one I had.
Posted By: John Fitzgerald Re: May come as a shock... - 04/28/16 09:34 PM
How are they ever going to know where the brood fish came from?
Posted By: Ben Adducchio Re: May come as a shock... - 04/28/16 10:29 PM
Just b/c someone says so doesn't make it so. I bet if you talked to somebody else they would give you a completely different answer.

I called the Health Dept when I was putting my pond in and the head guy told me I "had" to have 75 feet between my leech field and the pond. I asked him where the policy was so I could reference it. He started back pedaling a bit and when I applied pressure he said the reg actually stated 10 feet. It is only true if it is written down.

As most anglers are not harvesting fish to breed I find it highly unlikely the law would include offspring. The fish would technically be dead if it was eaten so why would the state give two hoots about it's babies?
Posted By: Bill D. Re: May come as a shock... - 04/28/16 10:53 PM
+1 I expect an official response to start out, "According to Statute XYZ paragraph ABC......" or something along that line - referencing an official document. I have learned to accept nothing less.
Posted By: fishm_n Re: May come as a shock... - 04/29/16 01:30 AM
Originally Posted By: Bill D.
+1 I expect an official response to start out, "According to Statute XYZ paragraph ABC......" or something along that line - referencing an official document. I have learned to accept nothing less.
but there may be other statutes like a permit is needed for gathering wild fish for hat her or proof that the broods come from a hatchery
© Pond Boss Forum