Pond Boss
Posted By: highflyer George's battle - 08/27/15 12:34 AM
First off, I have to give the ROE(rules of engagement) for this post:

1. NO, I repeat, NO sympathy statements. George will not tolerate them.

2. NO regrets.

George wanted me to tell the story about the first time he came out to the farm first. I agreed.

The first time George came out to the farm, He looked left and said "you need a brood pond right there." I did not have the time or understanding to realize what he had said. I would come to understand over the next few years how much of a game changer brood ponds really are, but until then, I did not get it. George took one look at the big pond and said "That's not a pond, that is a lake." Again I did not get it. George saw the potential in our project with one look. When the first brood pond happened, I named it after him. Now I have three brood ponds and soon I'll have four. I get it. Thanks George for being patient, I am a little slow at times.

Now for the real reason for this post.

George's cancer is back and he is now being cared for by Hospice. He is showing such character of strength facing death that I am beyond humbled. Staring down death, George continues to teach and sets the bar higher than one could ever expect to achieve. Seeing him at peace and prepared for his day with the Lord is inspirational.

This post is where George would like any POSITIVE messages posted to him and he would like Allen's post to be used for the stories ABOUT him and his effect on us.

George is loosing weight rapidly and does not have strength to reply to all, but we will ensure he reads them all, or we will read them to him.

I'll throw out the first pitch:

Thank you Army Air Corp Engineer. Your compassion, understanding and patients will not be forgotten. Your foot prints on this world changed things for the better. You will be remembered!!
Posted By: Bill D. Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 12:51 AM
Hey George,

Thank you Sir for all the sage advice. I haven't been on the forum that long but I took your circle hook advice to heart and the young anglers on my pond no longer gut hook fish! They were always concerned they had hurt the fish, now, that is not a problem. Who knows, when I retire I may take up fly fishing!

Bill D.
Posted By: stickem' Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 12:51 AM
Mr. George,
It was indeed a pleasure and honor to sit and eat breakfast with you and some of the other guys on Saturday morning at the last conference at the Rockwall Hilton this past February. Thank you, for including a new guy like me in with you and your old friends that morning. It was a pleasure sitting and listening to you speak of your experiences in the early oil industry back in the 30's, 40's, 50's, and 60's. You may not have remembered me from that day, but I certainly remembered you. I have enjoyed your wisdom here on PB...and you are the kind of person that makes me wish that I had gotten here to Pond Boss much earlier. May Godspeed be with you and peaceful with you on your upcoming journey...
Charlie
Posted By: Bocomo Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 01:18 AM
Hi George,

I now have a whippy stick for pond use thanks to you! Now, if I could only stop knotting the tippet every time I try to cast it...

We've never met, but this only proves how strong your influence is -- even people you've never met want to try to live up to your example.

Best wishes.

John
Posted By: catmandoo Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 01:26 AM
Brian,

Thanks for posting George's comments and desires.

Years ago I told George I wanted to just like him when I grow up. I still feel exactly the same.

Ken
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 02:04 AM
George
You have a gift of inspiring folks to be like you, every post has something to say that benefits all. I have never met you but feel as I have. That is a gift in itself. Thanks
Posted By: Bob-O Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 03:04 AM
Goerge, you are an inspiration to myself and many many others. Thank you.
Posted By: scatterlandsfarm Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 03:09 AM
I dont know George because havent been around here very long ,, he must be one of the finest members on here so i intend to look up his post and learn from what must be a very wise man and as long as this forum is up guys like me will read his post and thru this forum his legacy will continue to educate and inspire members like me .
Posted By: Snakebite Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 03:24 AM
George, although I have not gotten the opportunity to meet you in person, your wealth of knowledge and passion for pond boss, fishing, and friends is a great inspiration to us all. I probably would of never taken up fly fishing without your input and excitement for what you love to do. I want to thank you. You are truly a wonder.
Posted By: anthropic Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 05:55 AM
George, I never had the privilege of meeting you, but I want you to know that your pioneering work with HSB in ponds continues to resonate. Thanks to you, HSB will be stocked in my new pond to delight my kids and grandkids in the years ahead.

You've really made a difference for many folks, which is all that anyone can ask. Thank you!
Posted By: TGW1 Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 11:17 AM
George, I have always felt that we had a friendship and an understanding, because of our life's work in the Oil and Gas industry. I am pretty sure you accepted me the same way. And we also have the ponds and fishes in common. We never met in person but I will look forward to meeting you someday. It was almost a year ago when we had our first discussion here about the Overton's fishery and my path toward a great fishery. I spoke with Todd yesterday and we discussed my pond and goals, Ha, I reminded him of my order for Georges HSB. We also discussed what a good man you are. And this is a good time to say thanks for all your guidance and advice on the LMB that now swim in my pond.

Thanks George

Tracy
Posted By: Shorty Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 11:49 AM
George, due to your posts and pictures, I have more respect and appreciation for fly fishing than I once had, it's all about tight lines. wink

Steve
Posted By: Sunil Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 12:40 PM
george!!!

Nothing left to do but get an ice-cold case of Shinerbock, turn the catheter to wide-open, put the ball game on the radio, and let her rip!!!!!

Maybe you guys (george, highflyer, FIH, and Dave) can pick a ball game to put on the radio, and let us all know. We can tune into the same game and enjoy each others' virtual company.
Posted By: RC51 Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 01:04 PM
Hey George RC51 here! smile

You know I actually took up fly fishing because of you! I always laugh when I look at that picture of the 11 inch CNBG I caught on my fly rod! Cause the first thing I thought of when I caught it was "Man I can't wait to show George this!!!" Biggest BG to date on my pond on a fly rod! If you wouldn't have inspired me to get one that sweet morning catching that fish may not have ever happened.

We have never met George and yet somehow I feel like I know you with all the pics and chats on the forum. I love your true grit and speak your mind attitude that's what makes you, you!

We love ya George!! Be strong my friend!! smile

RC
Posted By: Bushwacker Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 01:17 PM
George, Thank you.

George on the left.

Nikki and George in the middle.

Attached picture DSC04148.JPG
Attached picture DSC04160.JPG
Attached picture DSC04212.JPG
Posted By: Omaha Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 02:10 PM
George, it's difficult to put into words exactly how much you've meant to people you've never even met face to face, like myself.

It was years ago now, but I was curious about a topic involving directional drilling, and knew you had extensive knowledge on the subject. I reached out to you and you said you'd send me an email. Boy, did I get a history lesson! The on-site, been there, done that, seen it, started it, finished it, designed it, built it, etc., etc., etc. That's what we get from you, George, on such an enormous range of topics. That's the most valuable kind of information and one you have given freely your entire life. For that, I can't thank you enough.

Oh, I recently obtained a hand-me-down fly rod. Wasted no time and tried it out on MY pond. It was ugly I'm sure, but I caught one. The first of many you can be sure.
Posted By: brook wilson Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 02:38 PM
George, I don't post a lot, but I've enjoyed your passion, enthusiasm, and encouragement immensely over the years. I particularly like all the photos of you and recognize a life well lived. You are the epitome of "class!"
Posted By: sprkplug Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 03:02 PM
George, thank you for having the courage to challenge accepted practice, and for your desire to think outside of the box. I admire the strength of your convictions, as well as your willingness to share the fruits of your labors that resulted from this thought process. Although we never met, I have always felt a certain kinship with your steadfast determination.

What I take from our brief exchanges here on the forum, is the confirmation that hard work, persistence, and resolve, are still worthy foundations from which to build upon. I will do my best to instill this ideal into the generations that come after me, as I know you have done also. Well done George, well done.

Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 03:23 PM
George, here's not only another "thank you" for all your contributions inside and outside of PB, but a personal one from me for the inspiration to fly fish!

So, last night on your behalf I grabbed the fly rod and a grasshopper fly and hit the pond.

George, you must have some pretty strong ties with the good Lord as I caught a pond-record LMB (using the fly rod) last night, followed by one of my elusive HSB's caught this morning on a pellet-fly and of course a circle hook wink .

I said your name many times while reeling those in. Could you hear it? grin

Thank you, George and may the blessing of God be upon you.
Posted By: esshup Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 04:10 PM
George, I remember the first time we met, at your house right after the first cancer go-around. Thank you for all of your wisdom. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have purchased the TFO Mimi-Mag and wouldn't have gotten back in to fly fishing.

Many on here might not know the story behind the spinster fly.

Here's some reading:
Spinster history

I am lucky enough to have two, one that has been used and one that will never see the water.

Another tidbit is Georges work behind the scenes in getting HSB stocked in Texas ponds.
Posted By: CMM Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 04:20 PM
George,

Thank you so much for your willingness to share your stories, expertise, wisdom and opinions on Pond Boss. I was so happy to find a fly fisherman here! Until I read some of your posts I was afraid I may have been the only one. Now I see how many people you have inspired and coached along the way.

May the good Lord bless you and keep you and your fly rods forever and ever.

Peace to you and yours.

Cmm
Posted By: timshufflin Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 04:47 PM
Does George have a forum name? I have no idea who in the heck George is. I do gather that he likes the fly rod! I too am a huge fan of the fly rod so George must be one hell of a cool cat!
Posted By: esshup Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 05:10 PM
Originally Posted By: timshufflin
Does George have a forum name? I have no idea who in the heck George is. I do gather that he likes the fly rod! I too am a huge fan of the fly rod so George must be one hell of a cool cat!

His forum name is George1
Posted By: Tbar Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 05:17 PM
Nice meeting you at the conference George. Thanks for all you have done!!!
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 07:03 PM
George,
You've taught me about life, and friendship and forgiveness. You are good an example of a MAN as I've ever seen. Love ya, buddy.
Posted By: AaronM Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 07:05 PM
George, thanks for your passion and love for ponds and fish - and for sharing that passion with so many. Wishing you all the best.
Posted By: RC51 Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 08:46 PM
Biggest gill on the pond so far because George inspired me to pick up a fly rod and learn how to fly fish! Thx George for the tips for us left handers!! smile

RC

Attached picture 11 inch blue.jpg
Attached picture 11 inch BG.jpg
Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 09:27 PM
Okay Sunil,

Today several of us got over to George's to raise a few Shiners!!

George really liked it!!

Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 09:49 PM
If I could find someone who would offer me a contract guaranteeing the life George has had, and that I'd be surrounded by good friends with a beer in my hand at the end, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

George, I truly admire you for finding new ways to enjoy and explore life and relationships over the course of your lifetime, as changes inevitably occur....it really shows in the pictures you've posted over time. No sympathy from me, but respect and admiration always.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 10:19 PM
Originally Posted By: highflyer
Okay Sunil,

Today several of us got over to George's to raise a few Shiners!!

George really liked it!!

What a fantastic photo!
Posted By: Bushwacker Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 10:34 PM
Well Done Fellows!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 10:50 PM
Tim, George1

Just go to the fly fishing area
Posted By: snrub Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 11:18 PM
George, never got the chance to meet you in person but at highflyer's last get together Carolynn got one of your fly's you tied. Due to that and the inspiration you have given here on PBF Carolynn & I are the owners of two fly rods, took some lessons and she has taken up fly tying and has made a couple dozen so far.

Can't say I'm very good at fly fishing, but will work on it, thanks to you.

John Burns
Posted By: mpc Re: George's battle - 08/27/15 11:52 PM
Hi George, I did not physically meet you,but I am sure I know you to some degree through PB. We will meet on the ONLY true "Perfect Pond" one day, and you can teach me to fly fish, as long as we need for you to teach me.

I always say, I am on the right side of the dirt to people quite often, but the other side is beyond compare if one is ready, as your are.

As you know you will live on in this world here @PB and your friends and colleges will refer to you, of you friendship and knowledge, for a long time. That is a legacy worth living for and as we all do, die for.

I have had several friends and family pass on from cancers and they know there are at times things worse than death, SO, I wish you comfort and internal peace as you transition.

Your PB friend, mpc

Save a best fly rod for me to borrow and I will try to bring my G-loomis ultra-lite to share!!!!
Posted By: Bill D. Re: George's battle - 08/28/15 12:53 AM
Hey George,

I got one of your hand tied flies at the last auction. I really really wanted it and then thought....why not donate it back to the forum and let it be a gift that keeps on giving....I still have a pic of it though!

Take care Buddy!
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: George's battle - 08/28/15 01:16 AM
George - You have been an inspiration to all on Pond Boss for many years. Your passion for raising fish and your talents of tying flies and using the fly rod are documented here and will remain for the future for many more to learn from your posts about your passion for fish and the art of fly angling. It has been a pleasure to meet you and share stories.
Posted By: mnfish Re: George's battle - 08/28/15 03:36 AM
Not here too much but real glad I checked in tonite...

George -I really fed off your passion for ponds and design ideas for all kinds of stuff. Thanks for sharing and keeping this boy in the North inspired.
Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 08/29/15 11:00 PM
Just got back from seeing George.

His three living sisters are stopping by tomorrow, the oldest is 96. All of George's sons were there with some of their children and of course, so was Nicky.

George's mind is still as sharp as always. I was scolded at least twice for telling stories!! It was good to see him one last time before I have to go back to work for a while. There is so much more to learn, but he continues to looses weight and strength. His handshake is as strong as ever and I am glad to say he still has the strength to give me a hug before I had to leave. I am glad I saved a few of his flies from our last outing. I think they may end up on a wall in the cabin.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: George's battle - 08/29/15 11:51 PM
Just checked in and saw this thread. George it was a pleasure to see you at a few of the PB Conferences. You gave me a hand-tied fly years ago, and I never used it - still in the case. It's on my desk, and I see it everyday. Always brings a smile…
Posted By: Zep Re: George's battle - 08/30/15 01:26 AM
King George from the first time I met you at the High-Flyer Ranch in the Fall of 2012 I knew you were someone special.

You are an inspiration, teacher, and friend to many.

Thank you for your friendship.

Please let me know if you & Nicky need anything.

ps: I'm still upset the one time you visit my pond I had already left that day, but I am happy you gave it your blessings.

(Sat June 20th, 2015)

Posted By: djstauder Re: George's battle - 08/30/15 12:29 PM
George,
I was a true delight for Jodi and me to meet you at the last pondboss conference.

I would have owned one of your hand-made flies if they weren't so "well-made" and you so "well-loved" the price went through the roof!

Cheers to you and Mrs. Glazener
Dan
Posted By: vamaz Re: George's battle - 08/30/15 01:43 PM
Yeah, I don't check in here as often as I used to, but glad I did today. A few hours ago, I walked down to the pond at first light with the dogs and picked up a spinning rod. While fishing with it, I looked at the flyrods setting there and thought, "What would George think of me?"

I'll fix that this afternoon, George. And I know just what I'll throw... it'll be one of those clousers that my son and I tie on jig hooks now.

You've been a great inspiration to us, George. May the Lord continue to bless you!
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: George's battle - 08/31/15 12:47 AM
Took a short road trip to Plano to visit with our dear friend, George Glazener. He has been an instrumental voice in the Pond Boss family. His expectations for all of us is our best...and then to be better. That's his nature.

He and I had a very nice, energetic two hour conversation. He wants all of us to know he is at peace, is pleased with his life and loves us all.

We talked about everything from his life as a geologist to fish to faith. Loved every minute of it.
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: George's battle - 08/31/15 11:59 AM
George: We've never met in person, but we have exchanged PMs and I'd like to thank you for the personal guidance on HSBs sucessful catch & release and fly rods that you've provided to me as well as the wisdom, example and inspiration you've provided to all of us. Jeff
Posted By: ewest Re: George's battle - 08/31/15 01:52 PM
Sometimes there are no words that tell the story !!!!!!!

Posted By: overtonfisheries Re: George's battle - 08/31/15 02:57 PM
Hey George I still have most all of the awesome flies that you have tied for me over the years, although I was never afraid to use them LOL since they are so deadly effective...

These are works of art, inspired by fish, fishing, and friendship.

I intend to keep these in a very safe place, maybe frame them in a display case (I reserve the right to use one every now and then LOL). My personal goal is to teach myself to tie your flies someday, and so I will need these for later instructional purposes. Then I hope to pass em on to friends and family down the road, same way you have done. Never sell them, only give them away. No telling how many countless hours you have spent tying flies that were pre-destined to be given away...

Thank you for every precious moment.
Posted By: fishinglth Re: George's battle - 09/01/15 02:22 AM
George,
The first time I met you was at one of the earlier Pond Boss Conferences, you was sitting in the Pond Boss booth. Of course it was not long before you started talking about fly fishing and tying your own pellet flies. I don't think you really felt great that day, but for the next hour or two you showed James and I how to make our own pellet flies. The next day I went out and bought the materials as you instructed and made my own, the pellet flies worked great and I still have most of the materials. I must admit I have not used one of those flies for sometime now, simply because I get busy doing other things. However, this upcoming labor day weekend my 9 year old grandson will be at my lake with me, I am going to grab the fly rod and a handful of pellet flies and we are going fly fishing in your honor! From all of the post above it is obvious God has blessed you George, and pray that he continues to do so.
Posted By: Rainman Re: George's battle - 09/01/15 03:03 PM
When George talks, people listen!

George, thanks for not only helping teach me to become a somewhat better fisher, but more, for being a better man! Living so far away, I have not been able to enjoy seeing your sly grin when you know you're going to make a point that will sink in through my thick skull, but I hope you know I feel blessed to have known you, and especially that you gave me your time and attention to help, talk with, and even yell at me, when needed!

I wonder if the pond God's have a clue what's in store for them soon? Fish on, my friend, FISH ON!

Posted By: Walt Re: George's battle - 09/01/15 09:44 PM
George

It has been such a pleasure to know you these past few years. Your passion for life has been an inspiration. Your constant encouragement has lifted us all to a higher level and resulted in bringing many people together from all walks of life into one big family. Thank you for this special friendship and the legacy you are leaving us all.

Walt
Posted By: Victor Re: George's battle - 09/02/15 12:48 PM
I took the fly rod and our dogs for a walk around the pond Monday evening and landed one of our HSB's. The sun was setting, dogs were lying around, and it was a quick 'thank you' and release of a healthy fish. Doesn't get any better. I wouldn't have them if not for you and others here that suggested what a great fish they could be in a small pond. I looked to the west and wished you well. More importantly I am inspired to be a better man thanks to your life story and advice freely shared.
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: George's battle - 09/02/15 07:05 PM
George,
For the few times we communicated on the forums here, it has been wonderful and a pleasure. I would have loved to met you in person, but I cannot seem to pull away for one of those conferences so I miss out on all of the fun.

God bless you on your next journey, and hope heaven is all it is cracked up to be! One could hope that the ponds are well-stocked, and it is always the "Magic hour" like in "The River Runs Through it".

Mark
Posted By: roadwarriorsvt Re: George's battle - 09/04/15 04:08 AM
George,
I'm yet another young buck that you have been an inspiration to and you didn't even know it. You are certainly a staple in the Pond Boss family. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us, providing guidance and sound counsel. Because of you, I have learned how to be a better Pond Boss and steward of my land. Peace be with you brother George.
Tommy
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: George's battle - 09/04/15 05:18 AM
Geo

You already know my feelings - just another big thank you for your influence on the forum, and myself directly. Please check in on me from time to time, ensure I'm doing good work, going the extra mile, helping others always, and casting well. I will watch for signs, and I'm counting on them.

TJ
Posted By: TGW1 Re: George's battle - 09/04/15 12:24 PM
Hay George, I forgot to mention earlier, I am now fishing my pond using a fly rod only. The fish are not that big but because of you, I most likely be using the fly rod most of the time. Wishing u the BEST.

Tracy

PS, your pic's of the wife's and your fish on the fly has had influence on me smile
Posted By: RC51 Re: George's battle - 09/04/15 01:43 PM
We love ya George!! Don't catch all the big ones when you get up there save some ok!! smile

“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

RC
Posted By: R&R Re: George's battle - 09/04/15 02:02 PM
Dang'it have not been on in a while. God Speed to you George. Always enjoyed all of your post and pic's and thoughts and prayers with you and your family.
Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 09/04/15 06:30 PM
I talked briefly with George and Nicky today. George is reading Pond boss nearly every day and has been watching this thread. George is humbled to see how many live he has touched and made better over the years here on Pond Boss. His challenge to you all is to take the time to help others and make our world a better place to fly fish!!

True to the end, George continues to remind me to check up on my fingerlings and ensure I have the right forage for them. He also reminds me to get bigger pellets for my feeders now that we are getting close to fall. He reminded me that my fingerlings can eat bigger pellets and I should be throwing a larger size for them for maximum growth.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: George's battle - 09/04/15 07:53 PM
George, I haven’t posted because I just didn’t know what I could say. So instead, I chose to make you a promise. I promise to continue on the course we’ve traveled together, to not get detoured, and to share all you’ve taught me as freely as you did with me. Please rest comfortably knowing that your knowledge and accomplishments will continue on, and many more will learn from them.

Load and shoot forever buddy, because a fly in the air don’t catch nothin’.
Allen Hall
Posted By: catmandoo Re: George's battle - 09/04/15 09:13 PM
George, I had a strong vision of you this morning when I pulled in an obese 2-1/2 year old hybrid striped bass that barely made it to shore due to its eating habits. It sure put up an impressive fight. It, and several of its siblings will be the main course of our holiday weekend family get-together.

As I've said many times before in person and on the forum, if it wasn't for you, I'd never have known the joys of hybrid striped bass in small ponds.

I also want to thank so many of your good friends, like Bob Lusk, Dave Davidson, FireIsHot (Al), Highflyer (Brian), ESSHUP (Scott), and so many others who keep us informed about you through their visits and calls with you.

Just remember, as I've said before, I want to be just like you when I grow up. I think I'm getting there.

Thanks for all the people you have inspired.
Ken
Posted By: Caviler03 Re: George's battle - 09/05/15 03:45 AM
George,

You were one of the first guys I talked to about the Camelot bell bass. Equally important, you took the time to ask me real life questions about what I do professionally and we shared a few stories. You're a true gift to this earth!

Axe em jacks, your friend,

-Cav
Posted By: Flame Re: George's battle - 09/05/15 03:47 PM
George, My father was born and raised in Shiner Texas. He used to work in the brewery when he was young. He too loved that Shiner beer.He also bought me my first flyrod. I think ya'll would have hit it off great! Happy Happy forever more fishing to you!!
Posted By: Sunil Re: George's battle - 09/07/15 12:10 AM
george, we're all thinking about you.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: George's battle - 09/07/15 01:32 AM
Thinking of you everyday!
Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 09/07/15 02:04 AM
I was able to fly back to Texas yesterday and see George and his family. I was met with a fist bump, and hearty handshake, that indomitable smile and a hug. For those who know George well, it was 5 minutes and 12 seconds before George "corrected" me about the way I was working on the big pond!

As always, George was passing on wisdom and lessons the whole time we talked. I again got in trouble for talking about him to his family, we all had a great laugh!!

George is a man that knows he is looking at death square in the eyes for the third and last time. Yet in spite of all that, he still continues to care more about us and ensuring we have been taught the hard lessons. It is truly humbling. One of the last thing we talked about was values. It was the only time I have seen a tear in his eyes since the diagnosis. George's passion for this great country and our way of life is at the highest level. His love for passing on experiences and lessons learned remains his bedrock.

He is the definition of NO sympathy, NO regrets, and he is one of my heros
Posted By: gully washer Re: George's battle - 09/07/15 04:50 AM
George, about 3 years ago you were the first one to respond to my initial post, and welcome me to the forum. It has been an honor to participate in a forum so deeply influenced by someone of your caliber. I always enjoy your insights to pond management and fishing, and I've gained a lot from your posts.

Thanks, for sharing your knowledge, experience, and friendly spirit......... Happy trails
Posted By: DogLoyalty Re: George's battle - 09/07/15 07:20 AM
HOOAH! Never met you sir but after reading these posts, I wish I could!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: George's battle - 09/07/15 11:46 PM
George, EARLY Saturday morning I decided to go fling a fly. I got a big yellow popping bug and decided to target one of the bass that hunt when the feeder goes off. On the first cast a nice bass hit it and spit it out before I was ready. Nothing more happened. I'll try again but use one of the soft green concoctions that you gave me.
Posted By: n8ly Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 03:16 AM
George, I took my son Drake fishing today. He is five years old and catching fish by himself like a champ!

I'll be praying for your family during this time and am excited to hear about your faith in Jesus Christ. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.(Romans 10:9)

Just want to say how much I Love you and look forward to casting lessons with you again someday at your backyard pond behind your mansion up in heaven!

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (Matthew 11:28-29 NIV)
Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 12:50 PM
It is with the heaviest heart and fondest memories that I must inform you all that George's battle is over. He passed away peacefully surrounded by family and his Lord. George will live on in our memories and his deeds. He made a lot of footprints on this earth, and his efforts helped make it a better place.

George grew up in East Texas, He lived through the great depression and WW2, He was part of the biggest increase in technology the geologic sciences. George was there for the first 3D mappings of subterranean structures. He was also there for the first successful horizontal drilling efforts.

At 55 George "retired" and pursued his passions. George was able to go fishing over 200 days a year. George was an avid poster here and he was partially responsible for Hybrid Stripped Bass in our ponds, and OTS CNBG. George was also partially responsible for the introduction of Fly Fishing as a great way to fish ponds of all sizes. George would help anyone who asked.

George's greatest gifts were his passion, his hearty handshake, His indomitable smile, His love for his family, His friendship to us all, and his never ending drive to make us better.

I will miss George's passion for knowledge, his drive, and advise. I am proud to know him and I will miss him.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 12:52 PM
At this time, I just don't have the words.
Posted By: Sunil Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 01:00 PM
Go easy, george....
Posted By: catmandoo Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 01:15 PM
He lived a great life and passed in peaceful dignity.
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 01:19 PM
My prayers and sincere condolences go out to George's family and friends.
Posted By: Omaha Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 01:29 PM
He will be greatly missed. RIP, George.

Thanks for all the updates during this time, Brian.
Posted By: Tbar Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 01:32 PM
Sad to hear this but he is in a better place now.
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 01:47 PM
Condolances also are offered from my family and others in the northern states who may not have had a chance to meet George but who immensely enjoyed his posts and his passion. His love for HSB has motivated me to obtain permission to stock them in my pond and I thank him for that pioneering spirit and love for HSB.

I'd would like to suggest that a place be made on the Pondboss forum front webpage for a "Hall of Fame" section. Certainly there are the great ones of PondBoss history who should be honored there, Dr. Willis, George, others who have left their mark and need to be honored and remembered.
Posted By: ewest Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 02:32 PM
There are no words but there are fabulous memories , and thousands of people who George touched with his life. His spirit is free to fish with his maker !!!!!

Posted By: Zep Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 03:00 PM
It is with the heaviest heart and fondest memories that I must inform you all that George's battle is over.

Saddened to hear this news.
Condolences to Nicky and the family.
There will never be another one quite like George on Pond Boss.
Gosh...we're going to really miss him.

Posted By: RC51 Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 03:41 PM
Ugghhhhhhhhh......... frown Thanks HighFlyer for keeping us up to date on this I know it wasn't easy for you.......

God Speed Mr. G! We will miss you.......

RC
Posted By: Brettski Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 04:00 PM
footprints in the sand that will never wash away...
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 04:19 PM
DD1 found this Dallas Morning News article about George and Nicky.
60 years

Here are a few thread's about George's Spinster fly.
The Spinster

A tarpon trip

Posted By: esshup Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 04:43 PM
My condolences to Nikki and to Georges family. Now he can fish whenever and wherever he wants to without any concerns.

I'm sure that he will be looking over each and everyone's shoulder whenever they pick up a fly rod.
Posted By: rockytopper Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 04:44 PM
I only met George a couple of times for local PB lunching but I am truly blessed to have known him even for such a brief time. The spirit that he had in his senior years is amazing. He is fly fishing with the lord now....
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 05:35 PM
We will miss him..... A lot....
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 05:55 PM
George taught me many lessons about forgiveness and dignity.....thank you, sir. We'll all miss you.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 06:01 PM
May he be steady of hand and sharp in vision, wind at his back and line in the air.

My most sincere condolences extended to George's family, as well as his many close friends.
Posted By: stickem' Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 07:10 PM
May God bless you, George Glazener....you're managing the pond at the "big house", now...
Posted By: Bushwacker Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 09:50 PM
“One has a right to judge a man by the effect he has over his friends.”
― Oscar Wilde

George affect so many of us. He will be missed until we are reunited at the big pond.

My condolences to George's family and those on the forum who knew George well.

A special Thanks to Bryan for keeping all of us informed.
Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 10:05 PM
George's celebration of life is being planned for Sunday at his Church in Plano. When I get confirmation, I'll post that as well.

There will be a eulogy (the sad part as George called it), Then we will have time to tell stories and everyone is welcome to share (the funny story part).
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 10:16 PM
Charlie Daniels said it well:

"I thank God I was blessed just to know you."
Posted By: Zep Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 10:58 PM
Here is a George post from the Texas Fishing Forum:

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10367139/Terminator?
Posted By: CMM Re: George's battle - 09/08/15 11:14 PM
Deepest sympathy to Mrs G. May the Lord comfort and keep you.

Cmm
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: George's battle - 09/09/15 12:18 AM
George's passion for raising fish and fly fishing was an inspiration for all who met him and many who never met him. A good man indeed. Thoughts and prayers to close friends and family.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: George's battle - 09/09/15 12:37 AM
I will be going back thru George's posts, as time permits, to gain as much wisdom as possible.....I will also be thinking about him looking over my shoulder in the future before I make a post....We will all miss the great pondmeister!
Posted By: scatterlandsfarm Re: George's battle - 09/09/15 01:21 AM
Never met or talked to George , However im very sad to hear of his passing , a great man he must of been and from the post i see here very much respected and loved by many. prayers to the family

on a side note i rekon they most likely went fly fishin in heaven today and ole george was leading them on
Posted By: SetterGuy Re: George's battle - 09/09/15 11:51 AM
Just going through this thread has opened my eyes. I've fly fished for many years, but it's always been out west, and always for trout. If I can catch some fish here on a fly rod, well, it'll make it twice as fun. As said a few times above, I never communicated directly with George, but I can see the emotion in the comments from those lucky enough to have known him. My loss for sure. So I'll have to go back through his writings and get to know him.
Thoughts and Prayers are going out for his family, and all who feel the loss.
Jeff
Posted By: Bocomo Re: George's battle - 09/09/15 03:59 PM
Rest in peace, George. You've earned it.
Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 09/09/15 05:24 PM
It is official:

George's celebration of life will be Sunday at 2:00PM CDT at his church.

First United Methodist Church
3160 E Spring Creek Parkway
Plano, Texas 75074

All are welcome to come remember George and tell their stories!!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: George's battle - 09/09/15 05:48 PM
George now won't have to limit himself to 200 fishing days annually - in a better place and can help nudge us all in the right direction simultaneously. Thoughts are with George's family - wish I could make the service - thank you Brian, Al, and Dave for being such great friends and keeping us in the loop.
Posted By: mnfish Re: George's battle - 09/09/15 07:09 PM
^^^ X2....Couldn't have stated it any better TJ.
Posted By: RC51 Re: George's battle - 09/09/15 08:04 PM
Ole George! He went out with his boots on didn't he.... I know so many people his age done gave up on life long before George did. Heck he was posting back in July having a good time!!

Way to finish strong as you could George! Oh father time shows no mercy on anyone but that doesn't mean you cant give him heck till the very end buddy!! Way to go man way to go.....

George this is for you buddy!

Ole George,

He was boy he was a man,
He saw and did things like no others can,
He worked hard he played harder
He was a family man,
He was a man of war he was a man of peace,
Not a hard heart not even in the least,
He was a man of many talents,
He was a man of the fly and rod in hand
He could sling it like no one can,
He was a man of kindness a man of class,
If you needed help he would not pass,
He would stop and help you cause that's what men do,
It's not hard when your a man through and through,
He loved his wife with all his heart,
No one was tearing them apart,
He was a man that loved to fish,
He was a man with just one last wish,
That no one grieve or be sad for him,
When his light faded and started to go dim,
Ole George he was a man and man in deed,
Now he is a man that has been set free.

Love ya mean it George,
RC
Posted By: Zep Re: George's battle - 09/09/15 08:37 PM
That's very nice RC51...a fitting tribute.

This scene reminds me of George:

Posted By: NEDOC Re: George's battle - 09/09/15 08:39 PM
I haven't opened this thread for over a week fearing this news was on its way. Even though I've never met George, I could tell the content of his character by his interactions on this board. I knew it would tear me apart to eventually read the news and it has. I hope I can have one tenth the impact on people that George has had. God Bless you George.
Posted By: Tbar Re: George's battle - 09/09/15 09:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Zep
That's very nice RC51...a fitting tribute.

This scene reminds me of George:

That was good and very appropriate.....!!!
Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 09/09/15 09:19 PM
It has been asked if the family would like flowers, cards or donations to any of the cancers organizations and they said that would be great!!

I'll post a few good florists names and numbers as soon as I can.

George had Colon, bladder, and pancreatic cancers, He beat the first two, but any group that you feel called to support would be great.
Posted By: Zep Re: George's battle - 09/10/15 12:00 AM
Good story about George and his bride from 2011

George & Nicky - Dallas Morning News 2011
Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 09/10/15 04:16 PM
George plan for the flowers. He used Plano Florist for all his flower needs.

Plano Florist
800-536-7666
972-599-0086

2143 W Park
Plano Tx 75075

There is a 10% discount on request!! (George set that up ahead of time smile )!!
Posted By: kenc Re: George's battle - 09/11/15 08:23 PM
So sorry for your loss, Mrs. Glazener. Prayers for you and your family.
Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 09/14/15 12:32 AM
We are just getting back from George's Celibartion of life. It was good to see everyone there. The family would like to thank Eric, Scott, Allen, Mark, Todd, Dave, Bob and anyone I might have missed for attending or sending flowers and kind words.

Steve read George's last note to the boys. It told of just how proud he was of all of them and that his family was always his first love. George reminded them to think about the great memories and fun times. George's closing words were that he had been blessed with such a great life and outstanding journey. Now the really awesome journey is starting for George.

The celebration was attended by his lovely bride, two of George's three sisters, all of his sons and their families, friends from all across the country and a bunch more Texans. Great stories were told, a vote was taken, and we all agree George was one hell of a man, and he will be missed.

NO sympathies, No regrets, George had a hell of a life!!

George will be interned in the Dallas-Fort Worth National cemetery later this year. The date has not been finalized, but when it is, I'll let everyone know.

Here are some of the flowers from the service.
Posted By: esshup Re: George's battle - 09/14/15 01:22 AM
I thought of George today, and fly fished the pond.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: George's battle - 09/14/15 03:16 AM
Originally Posted By: esshup
I thought of George today, and fly fished the pond.

I did the exact same thing.
Posted By: ewest Re: George's battle - 09/15/15 01:51 AM
We should all hope we can live life as well as George !!!!!! No regrets !
Posted By: catmandoo Re: George's battle - 09/15/15 02:09 AM
This has been a great thread in George's honor.

For me, if I should die tomorrow (which I hope I won't), I have no regrets. I too have had a very rich, fun, and fulfilling life. My kids and grandkids have done very well, which is extremely fulfilling.

We can all hope to have George's outlook to our last days. We all need to think like George, and hopefully be as forthcoming in our last days.

Life has been fun, and hopefully I have some (lots of) time left. There are still a lot of fish that have never been caught.

RIP George
Posted By: Shelby County Re: George's battle - 09/24/15 01:44 AM
Hello all, I just got back from traveling and working since mid August and went to Todd Overton's for some special fish. You could have floored me when he told me that George Glazener had died. I knew he had cancer in the past but had not been on the PBF for several weeks so did not know of the recent case. He was a great man and all of you have said it so many great ways that I will not add to it. Mrs. Glazener, I hope your grief will grow smaller as your memories take over. May God Bless you and your family.
Shelby County ( Tom Sterling).
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: George's battle - 09/24/15 12:14 PM
Tom, I still miss him every day. It seemed like George, DD1, John Monroe, and myself were always among the first guys logged in to the PB Forum every morning. I still forget and check to see if George's logged in yet.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: George's battle - 09/24/15 12:31 PM
Better gitcher butt outside Al. It's turning daylight.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: George's battle - 09/24/15 12:41 PM
Yep, you're right. I am wasting daylight right now.
Posted By: ewest Re: George's battle - 09/24/15 03:45 PM
Celebrate him every day !

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92618#Post92618

Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 10/04/15 03:36 PM
George will be laid to rest on the 2nd of November In the Dallas-Fort Worth National cemetery with Military honors. All are welcome.

On a side note,
Allen and I got to go fishing with Jeff, George's youngest son, out at our farm. We had a great time. We laughed, told stories about George and caught a lot of nice fish.

Here is Jeff's biggest of the day.

We were targeting the smaller bass for removal, but Jeff caught that one as well!!
Posted By: Bob-O Re: George's battle - 10/04/15 03:56 PM
Thank you for initiating this post. Good ta see Jeff smiling and holding a nice fish. George is proud.
Posted By: Zep Re: George's battle - 10/05/15 02:42 PM
George will be laid to rest on the 2nd of November In the Dallas-Fort Worth National cemetery with Military honors. All are welcome.

Thanks Brian. I will try to make this event.
Do you know what time of day George's ceremony will be?

Seems appropriate for George's final resting place:

Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery

Posted By: overtonfisheries Re: George's battle - 10/05/15 09:57 PM
Here I sit thinking about George. I can still hear George's voice in my head, and there are so many great memories. But dang it still hurts to have lost our old friend.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: George's battle - 10/05/15 11:51 PM
I'm so sad not to see any of George's posts again. frown

Along with some others here, and myself, he was one of the original posters on pond boss. Our number of posts listed is actually higher as there was a problem with the site early on, and some of us had to reregister.
Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 10/06/15 02:49 AM
Mark,
George's internment will be at 1PM. I agree, it is a fitting place for George.

Todd,
I hear him all the time as well. Telling me to get busy working on the ponds. It is starting to make me smile and laugh now. The memories are great!!

Cecil,
George has one more post coming after his internment. It is a portion of the video we made weeks before he passed. It was meant to allow him to pass on his wisdom one last time. It was fun to do, but knowing why sucked.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: George's battle - 10/06/15 02:54 AM
Brian,

I hope I have a friend like you someday
Posted By: ewest Re: George's battle - 10/06/15 07:12 PM
We all look forward to seeing George again !!!

Friends like George and Brian are a true gift !!
Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 10/31/15 05:30 AM
Just a reminder,

Monday at 1PM is George's interment at the Dallas Fort Worth National Cemetery.

I am unsure if there is a scheduled gathering afterwards, but I am sure we can all get together and tell George stories over a beverage at a minimum. All are welcome.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: George's battle - 10/31/15 12:55 PM
Thanks for sharing Brian. Too bad Texas is so far for me.
Posted By: Zep Re: George's battle - 11/02/15 03:24 PM
Just a reminder, Monday at 1PM is George's interment at the Dallas Fort Worth National Cemetery. I am unsure if there is a scheduled gathering afterwards, but I am sure we can all get together and tell George stories over a beverage at a minimum. All are welcome.

Brian thanks for the reminder.

I am going to try to break-away from work and be there.

Afterwards I will have to get right back to my office,
but I'd like a rain-check on a beverage toast to King George.

Posted By: Zep Re: George's battle - 11/02/15 09:52 PM
For those of you that were friends of George that could not attend his service today, here are a few pictures from his interment service at the Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery. (BTW...these pictures have the full blessing of George's wife Nicky)

Dallas - Fort Worth National Cemetery:

Playing of Taps:

Honor Guard:

Folding and presenting the United States burial flag to George's family:

Honor Guard:

George's final resting place w/Brian-Highflyer paying respects:

In our hearts forever George!
Posted By: Bushwacker Re: George's battle - 11/02/15 09:59 PM
Zep, Thank you for pictures. I was there in spirit. Literally walking out the door to be at the service when a client walked in unexpectedly.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: George's battle - 11/02/15 10:32 PM
Thanks Zep
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: George's battle - 11/02/15 10:36 PM
Thanks Zep and Highflyer for caring enough to do that for us. Mr G will be missed
Posted By: esshup Re: George's battle - 11/03/15 12:54 AM
Thanks Zep and Highflyer!!
Posted By: JKB Re: George's battle - 11/03/15 01:38 AM
Thanks Guy's.

I've been to one funeral that I didn't even know this person served in the military. It was over the top of any other funeral I've been to even they only came for a short period to honor their fallen brother. Yeah, it was really neat and something I will never forget.

Rest easy, George.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: George's battle - 11/03/15 12:51 PM
Nice place. First time I had ever been there.
Posted By: ewest Re: George's battle - 11/03/15 03:18 PM
Thanks guys. I do miss George. Time moves on so do what you can to make a difference in the lives of those you care about.
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: George's battle - 11/22/15 12:00 AM
I'll treasure it always!

Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: George's battle - 11/22/15 12:39 AM
Been a while Dave. Still raising monster greenies?
Posted By: catmandoo Re: George's battle - 11/22/15 12:41 AM
D.I.E.D. - We've missed you. How about starting a status update thread about you and your friend/neighbor JHAP?

Ken
Posted By: ewest Re: George's battle - 11/26/15 02:35 AM
Great to hear from you Dave . How are things on the left coast ?
Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 01/04/16 10:56 PM
Well it took way longer than I expected, but I finally put together enough segments to accurately convey George's final thoughts about ponds, fishing, life and friendships.

Its a little long, but I don't care. I have hours more video that did not make it into this video. And if you hoist a Shiner Bock with me, I might show you the out takes, but you better be ready to laugh and cry a lot.

Here you go, George as he was; Enjoy

Posted By: scatterlandsfarm Re: George's battle - 01/04/16 11:50 PM
link no work
Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 01/05/16 12:08 AM
Sorry about that, I fixed the embedding issue. It should play in place.
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: George's battle - 01/05/16 02:08 AM
Brian, not only is it a lot of work and time putting together, creating and publishing a video but even more difficult when emotions are involved.

That was a great video and thank you for letting us get to know George a little better, for those like myself who never had the opportunity to meet him!

Thanks for taking the time and sharing!

RIP, George!
Posted By: JKB Re: George's battle - 01/05/16 02:14 AM
That was really nice Brian. Thank You for all you have done.
Posted By: Zep Re: George's battle - 01/05/16 02:48 AM
Brian that was really special. Thank you for putting it together and sharing it with us. I think I only met George 3 times, but each time he certainly left an impression on me. God Bless Him.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: George's battle - 01/05/16 02:56 AM
I never met George but feel like I know him some now. Thanks!
Posted By: scatterlandsfarm Re: George's battle - 01/05/16 04:27 AM
tks for the video ,,sure wish i could of met the man .
Posted By: John Monroe Re: George's battle - 01/05/16 01:08 PM
I think of you George as the WW2 Veteran of the greatest generation. Thank you for your service.
Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 01/06/16 01:28 AM
All,

Meeting George was one of the best things to happen to me in my adult life, and it is all due to my love of flying and my willingness to extend an invitation to go fishing. I have been changed more than I can explain. Debating with George was a blast.

With that said, It took a lot to record, edit and finish this video. I would watch the video, laugh and then turn sad. It was one rollercoaster ride after another. After showing the clips to George's youngest son this last weekend, I was able to finish.

There is no doubt that George was one special person, branded by life, and true to the end.

He definitely made it to the list of closest friends.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: George's battle - 01/06/16 12:32 PM
Brian, thanks for the video. I spent many hours sitting in that office while George held court. I do miss those days.

I added this pic because George never got to see our Glazener HSB hit the big puddle last year. Here you go buddy, they're doing just fine.>
Posted By: highflyer Re: George's battle - 03/22/16 12:28 AM
This past weekend I found myself on I-20 south of Dallas, it was a beautiful day with a lot of wind. I passed my old base and then I saw the sign for the Dallas- Fort Worth National Cemetery exit and thought of George and my other friends interned there. I took the exit and stopped by to pay my respects. George's marker was done and looks great. I took this picture and asked his family if it would be okay to post it here and they loved the idea.

I still miss our conversations and his spirit, It is tough to drive past his exit on the way to the farm or to do much around the farm without thinking what George would have to say about it. I am glad I told George about the expansion of the Topias, on that I know he approved. Change is hard, but inevitable.

Posted By: Bill D. Re: George's battle - 03/22/16 12:50 AM
Thanks Brian.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: George's battle - 03/22/16 12:56 AM
Thanks for the memories Brian
Posted By: Sunil Re: George's battle - 03/22/16 01:46 AM
Strong.
Posted By: esshup Re: George's battle - 03/22/16 02:38 AM
Thanks Brian.
Posted By: RC51 Re: George's battle - 03/22/16 12:13 PM
Nice Brian,

To George and ALL those guys and gals there with Markers!! Hoorahhh!!! That place is way to big, just way to big...... frown

RC
Posted By: Zep Re: George's battle - 03/22/16 01:09 PM
Thanks Brian.

Good to see King George's marker and the reference to "Gone Fishing".

God Bless him.
Posted By: ewest Re: George's battle - 03/22/16 02:33 PM
Thanks Brian. Miss George !
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: George's battle - 03/22/16 03:12 PM
George added lots of value to the forum and to those who were fortunate to meet him.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: George's battle - 03/23/16 02:22 AM
Thanks, Brian. George was a good man!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: George's battle - 03/23/16 04:35 AM
Well done Brian.
Posted By: John Monroe Re: George's battle - 03/23/16 07:00 AM
George I have always respected you on Pond Boss as an elder like myself.
Living life to it's fullest. My favorite person was my brother in law. also in the gas and oil business like you, was a geologist and a mathematician that started out his career in Midland, TX and was a Winchester, IN native. Good luck.
Posted By: stickem' Re: George's battle - 03/25/16 02:04 PM
Brian,
A very nice post...and respectfully done! I'm sure George would be most pleased. Georges' battle is over...now, we must carry on with our own day to day...Thanks, again!
Charlie
Posted By: mpc Re: George's battle - 03/25/16 05:21 PM
Thanks Brian, We still see his knowledge through posts of those who knew him, videos, and apparently the many fly's and advice he gave to those who were blessed to meet him.
© Pond Boss Forum