Pond Boss
Posted By: CJBS2003 Graveyard - 08/25/14 03:35 AM
After a little over 2 years of working the day shift, I've gone completely nuts and volunteered to go back to the graveyard shift. Seems it may work out best for the family and it may mean I get to be on here a bit more often than I have been recently.
Posted By: esshup Re: Graveyard - 08/25/14 04:39 AM
Travis, some people are cut out to work nights, others are better suited for the daytime. Depending on your schedule, it might help give you more family time.
Posted By: roadwarriorsvt Re: Graveyard - 08/25/14 06:37 AM
I worked 12 hr. night shifts for about 7 years. Just got too old to handle it anymore. Now, 9:00 PM and I'm ready for bed!
Posted By: John Monroe Re: Graveyard - 08/25/14 07:14 AM
Our company downsized and our department went from twelve to two. To take care of business we worked 7 days a week from about 3 AM to 3 PM for several years. This got me so screwed up in my retirement, that I am posting this at 3 AM. I've already walked my dog an hour ago. I'm in bed by 7 AM. I thought this would gradually change to normalcy but in 20 years of retirement it hasn't. So be warned graveyard people.
Posted By: airborne3118 Re: Graveyard - 08/25/14 09:19 AM
I work the back shift and I love it. It has its disadvantages obviously, but the advantages far outway them in my eyes. I am salary so that helps to but I get to hunt way more in the fall than I ever would imagine if I were on dayshift.
© Pond Boss Forum