Pond Boss
Posted By: Tums Weenie Dog Vs Catfish - 08/07/14 08:10 PM
Max (the bass catching weenie dog) has taken up messing with the CC during feeding. Here is a Video I shot a few days ago with the little one feeding the fish with gramps. At about 4:15 in (7 min video) the weenie decided to join the CC. Max does this with CC everyday since then.
[
Posted By: vamaz Re: Weenie Dog Vs Catfish - 08/07/14 08:37 PM
Funny dog, Tums, and a beautiful place you got there. The fish don't seem to pay any attention to that dog.
Posted By: Tums Re: Weenie Dog Vs Catfish - 08/07/14 09:14 PM
Thanks Vamaz.
The dog has been a part of their life since the fish hit the water. He normally sticks to the shoreline trying to catch frogs and fish. Here is a pic of him with one of his prize bass catches a few years ago.
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: Weenie Dog Vs Catfish - 08/07/14 09:28 PM
Great to see. Thanks for sharing the video.

Wow that was a lot of feed put into the pond there.

They clean all that feed up? Must be a good bunch of fish in there.

Cheers Don.
Posted By: Tums Re: Weenie Dog Vs Catfish - 08/07/14 09:57 PM
Originally Posted By: DonoBBD
Great to see. Thanks for sharing the video.

Wow that was a lot of feed put into the pond there.

They clean all that feed up? Must be a good bunch of fish in there.

Cheers Don.

Thanks and Cheers DonoBBD.
Yes the feed is completely cleaned up every day because of the high carrying capacity I am Using.

That is the Black Crappie pond that is loaded with about 1,750 CC (for predation) at the current time. The CC currently about 2#+ which would mean about 3500#+ of Fish. CC will eat around 3% of their BW in food at the current water temps (which would be 105# per day on a CC farm raised program). I am currently feeding 2 near full 5 gallon buckets or about 30# of food (10# per acre) per day. A full 5 gallon bucket weights in at around 17# of feed. 1 consist of 5 gal of 32% catfish food. The other 5 gal is a mixture of 36% fingerling feed and a Crushed feed for the smaller mouth fish .

The smaller fingerling feed is more for BG & CNB. Even some of the BCP are feeding on the small feed as well.

The crush feed is more for the gazillion feed trained Gams.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Weenie Dog Vs Catfish - 08/07/14 11:42 PM
Love the video and the dog. I could watch the silly things dogs do all day long on vids.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Weenie Dog Vs Catfish - 08/08/14 01:27 AM
Wow!

That dog is in his own world out there!!

Think about how the girl will remember that for the rest of her life!
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Weenie Dog Vs Catfish - 08/08/14 03:35 AM
I believe that of all the folks here Sunil would know about own little worlds. This is not a slam, just sayin. Sunil was the first person to respond to my first post so I hold him in high regard.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Weenie Dog Vs Catfish - 08/08/14 04:28 AM
Nice.. My weenie dog turned 13 today..
Posted By: djstauder Re: Weenie Dog Vs Catfish - 08/08/14 02:22 PM
That is why I don't bring my wiener dog out to the pond. He jumps in when he sees any fish activity but he is not a good swimmer and quickly realizes he made a mistake. But, does the same thing the next time he is at the pond. Instincts, I guess.
© Pond Boss Forum