Pond Boss
I'm thinking it must be due to Bruce and TJ's presence here. grin

http://www.gallup.com/poll/161483/lincoln-neb-bests-cities-wellbeing-2012.aspx

Quote:
Lincoln, Neb., Bests All Cities in Wellbeing in 2012

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Lincoln, Neb., had the highest Well-Being Index score (72.8) in the U.S. across the 189 metropolitan areas that Gallup and Healthways surveyed in 2012. Also in the top 10 are Boulder, Colo.; Provo-Orem, Utah; Ann Arbor, Mich.; Honolulu, Hawaii; Fort Collins-Loveland, Colo.; and Burlington-South Burlington, Vt.
Wow. Cool honor. Omaha recently received a similar honor as well. I believe it was voted one of the best places to raise a family if I'm not mistaken.
I wonder what the criteria was?
Clean air, lots of flat land, good football and poor weather.
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1

The "Well Being Index" is measured across a number of different criteria.

http://www.well-beingindex.com/
Good football? Was this written in the 1990s?

Highest per capita concentration of Korean dental hygienists.
Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac

laugh laugh laugh
Originally Posted By: Bullhead
Good football? Was this written in the 1990s?

No, that was GREAT football in the 1990's grin
You can tell the Groundhog Phil was wrong and its still winter up there !
I think Lincoln is one of the better cities to live in that I have visited. This, in spite of TJ's munitions and charcoal factory.
Have the results of that on-line survey for dentists offices, etc. ever been published?
Originally Posted By: ewest

Spring is in the forecast starting tomorrow. smile

I love Lincoln, NE. It just makes me claustrophobic getting there in the summer or winter.

Corn to the skyline along the roadsides in the summer.

Snow to the skyline along the roadsides in the winter.

The people are wonderful. The city is wonderful.
Originally Posted By: Shorty
Originally Posted By: ewest

Spring is in the forecast starting tomorrow. smile

Same forecast here. But, I ain't believing it.

Ever since I left the beautiful white (and frozen) shores of Lake Superior in the late '60s, I've never before plowed this much snow in March.

I've wanted to plow (using a 2-bottom plow, not a snow plow) for at least a month. There is still at least six inches of snow on the garden area.

The chickens won't even come out of the coop. The fish in the ponds aren't much better -- actually, the upper pond is still frozen over, with several inches of snow on the ice.
Never been to NE, but am sure it is nice.

MI is really not too bad either. The State recently took over control of Detroit, so once that cesspool of corruption is cleaned up, it may get nicer here.
Originally Posted By: catmandoo
I love Lincoln, NE. It just makes me claustrophobic getting there in the summer or winter.

Corn to the skyline along the roadsides in the summer.

Snow to the skyline along the roadsides in the winter.

The people are wonderful. The city is wonderful.

As a lifer Lincolnite as well as my folks, 3 brothers and their respective families, there may not be much here in Lincoln but comments like that really remind us of how good we have it. It truly is a great place to live, especially having all the family here as well.

Thanks for the kudos Catmandoo!

PS - As my location says Walton, NE, as of last March I now life on a farm which is 2 miles East of Lincoln. Which is also why I now have a pond to manage grin
Originally Posted By: Shorty
I'm thinking it must be due to Bruce and TJ's presence here. grin

http://www.gallup.com/poll/161483/lincoln-neb-bests-cities-wellbeing-2012.aspx

Quote:
Lincoln, Neb., Bests All Cities in Wellbeing in 2012

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Lincoln, Neb., had the highest Well-Being Index score (72.8) in the U.S. across the 189 metropolitan areas that Gallup and Healthways surveyed in 2012. Also in the top 10 are Boulder, Colo.; Provo-Orem, Utah; Ann Arbor, Mich.; Honolulu, Hawaii; Fort Collins-Loveland, Colo.; and Burlington-South Burlington, Vt.

Shorty, that may be part of it! I recently got to hang out with Bruce and TJ.

Truly 2 of the greatest guys I've ever met!
Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac

^^^
That!
Bruce, how'd you make out in the survey?
Originally Posted By: esshup
Have the results of that on-line survey for dentists offices, etc. ever been published?

I think in about three days.
Originally Posted By: JKB
Never been to NE, but am sure it is nice.

MI is really not too bad either. The State recently took over control of Detroit, so once that cesspool of corruption is cleaned up, it may get nicer here.

JKB, Ken, James, et al - you're welcome, anytime. I'll turn off the feeders a few days before your arrival so we can have a hot bite, then maybe celebrate our comraderie by sacrificing a little plot of the farm via flash powder, and retire to Bruce's and watch him maime BG to feed to his porpoises, er, LMB.
Flashpowder? hhhmmmmm......sounds very interesting. I'll give you heads up.

I also got to see the feeding frenzy. Biggest dern Bass I ever did see! Heck I been known to filet fish smaller than what he was feeding them!
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
...and retire to Bruce's and watch him maime BG to feed to his porpoises, er, LMB.

Hey! That's called "nutrient funneling"!
Note that Bruce will sacrifice most anything to win. That was made entirely clear with the House of Pain survey.

I am starting to doubt this latest Lincoln - best place to live survey.
The Star just emailed me with a new contest!
Actually Bruce is very good with a needle numbing you. I think I even caught a buzz!
I didn't see it in the link Shorty provided above, but Lincoln grows some big fish too.

I'm such a thread killer. eek

Shorty, feel free to talk about this one over there, but please don't share the video just yet.
Originally Posted By: Omaha
I didn't see it in the link Shorty provided above, but Lincoln grows some big fish too.

laugh
Did you hear him say the date this one was caught? wink
March 16th, 2013. wink

I wanna see the one caught back June of 2012. Wait a minute, I do have a "grainy" picture of that one some place. grin
Wow'd you get that?! whistle
wink

What are you doing?! laugh

Last January, Bruce took it upon himself to catch his personal best largemouth bass. He further challenged himself to do so from public waters in Nebraska.
cool

A Big Bass Quest - Barbs & Backlashes - Daryl Bauer

I am starting to think that a 10 lb+ northern strain LMB from Nebraska isn't much of a big deal, or maybe it's just Bruce! grin
It looks easy. I'll think I'll try for a double digit bass after work today. I'll post here when I do. Definitely keep refreshing the page after 5pm for the update.
Pictures please or it didn't happen. laugh
Ummm, I forgot my camera. Just have to take my word for it.
© Pond Boss Forum