Pond Boss
Posted By: Sunil Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 06:32 PM
At any given time in life when we embark upon a path of stewardship of another of God's creatures, we inevitably learn so much more about ourselves then the animal or creature we strive to care for.

Today, I learned that I am either:
1) Lenny from Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men, or;
2) JoJo the Idiot Circus Boy from the movie, Tommy Boy.

As some of you know, I've been raising a channel catfish, Diego, in a small home aquarium with the hopes of releasing him in one of our neighborhood retention ponds this spring.

Over the course of the last (8) months or so, Diego has had the benefit of mutual living with fatheads, bluegill, livebearers, Florida flagfish, and zebra danios. By and large, Diego had rejected all other fish save for one single fathead and one bluegill.

Several weeks ago, in what must have amounted to an overnight rage incident, Diego ended the life of the bluegill. This caused much sadness in my household, and I was grateful to find a willing ear here on the forum to express my sorrows.

At any rate, that left just Diego and this unnamed, yet robust fathead. I likened these two, catfish and fathead, to a Horse and Goat similar to what one might see at a given stable. You know, where they have a goat present to befriend the horse, or horses, as the long days pass.

Well, some disagreement must have occurred, or some malevolent spirit set forth, again overnight, thus resulting in the disappearance of the sole-surviving fathead as of yesterday morning. Yet again, our household was cast into sadness.

But always looking forward, we knew that spring was around the corner, and that Diego would soon be set free to kill and maim as he saw fit. Planning was underway for a great & festive party to commemorate this joyous occasion of liberation.

Feeling that Diego's imminent call for freedom and subsequent release was to occur in the next week or so, I endeavored to change his tank water thus enabling him to live out his remaining aquarium days in relative comfort.

As always, I added a bit of kosher salt to the new water. For some reason, I threw in an extra measure or two of kosher salt.

As is my ritual every weekday morning, I prepare the coffee and then check on the aquarium. The first thing I noticed was that Diego did not have the usual guilty look in his eye after having dispatched a fellow tank resident during the prior night. He did, however, have a very placid, sanguine look. This placid, sanguine look coupled with his apparent immobility told the story I did not want to hear. Diego was dead.

In essence, I think I 'pickled' him in water just ever so slightly too salty. So in essence, I raised this fish only to kill him in the end.

Damn Diego!
Posted By: Omaha Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 06:39 PM
Traumatic.
Posted By: Shorty Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 06:41 PM
Poor Diego. frown

"I think I 'pickled' him in water just ever so slightly too salty."

grin
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 06:47 PM
Might one inquire whether there were any alcoholic involvements involved in the water change? Were you also a little pickled when you changed the water?

Or, did you invite Diego to enjoy a little hops, barley, malt or natural grain spirits in his new environment?

Or, were there any tequilas to go along with the salt?

It sounds like maybe Diego was just too hungover to get around.
Posted By: fish n chips Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 07:10 PM
Don't be too hard on yourself.

Perhaps it wasn't the salt at all and just a coincidence.

He may have passed as a result of a broken heart.

Loneliness is a terrible thing......

even if it was by his own doing.
Posted By: Gflo Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 07:22 PM
The salt didn't do it (at least 95% of the time it wont'. Its protective to an extent). There are some other factors that usually are not a big deal unless the fish was already on the way out soon anyhow. Probably a coincidence like fish and chips says.

Well on second thought forget about that crap. I like the salty catfish story. RIP Diego
Posted By: Bullhead Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 07:34 PM
I agree with Gflo. I don't know how much a "bit" and "extra measure or two" are or how many gallons the deceased's tank was, but in my experience with my RAS it takes a surprisingly large amount of salt to raise the salinity level.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 07:47 PM
Sunil,

Think Viking Funeral Pyre, its only fitting......
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 07:50 PM
Wow its Actually

"JoJo the Indian Circus boy"

I always thought it was

"JoJo the Idiot Circus Boy"..
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 08:33 PM
Ken (catmando) said that he's on the way - don't throw it out.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 08:43 PM
Corrected!
Posted By: mnfish Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 08:44 PM
Sorry to read about the loss of your seemingly very close to your heart wisker faced friend. May Diego, along with his finned "friends" that he dispatched with his gluttonous mouth and stomach, RIP! wink
Posted By: Brettski Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 08:52 PM
fry him up and eat him...he'd want it that way
Posted By: JKB Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 09:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Brettski
fry him up and eat him...he'd want it that way

He's already salted to boot laugh

Catfish really don't like too much salt. Been there... and killed a few... whistle
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 09:07 PM
Originally Posted By: bullhead
...but in my experience with my RAS it takes a surprisingly large amount of salt to raise the salinity level.

In light of this information, the rush to conclude that this was an accidental death seems premature.

Motive? If I recall, there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth at the demise of BG.

Suspects? Enraged,vengeful daughter? Envious canine? Jealous, neglected spouse? All would seem plausible.

Opportunity? Between travel and periods of Peroni-induced somnalence, there would seem to be plenty.

Posted By: Omaha Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 09:08 PM
Case reopened!
Posted By: JKB Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 09:43 PM
I think it's a crime of emotional instability and revengeful passion laugh

This also recently happened:

Just saying laugh
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 10:11 PM
At least you didn't drop him........
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 10:15 PM
We don't really KNOW that, now do we, Sparkie?
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 10:25 PM
Hmmm......Good point Yolk!
Posted By: JKB Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 10:58 PM
May have been some confusion as to pet fish, or pet the fish laugh
Posted By: CoachB Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/19/13 11:22 PM
After watching too many "Sasquatch" episodes followed by "Ghost Hunters," I think we have to consider the real possibility that the BG and Fathead came back.
Posted By: vamaz Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 12:30 AM
Before we go any further, I'd like to hear the "other" story.

As I understand the facts so far, the poor soul was forced into the confinement of an aquarium tank... for some undertermined length of time... under uncertain conditions... Maybe really salty conditions... and for entertainment purposes!

Apparently, in the face of starvation the poor soul had NO OTHER CHOICE than to resort to the cannibalism of his dear friends... a bluegill, and what was it, a FHM? Anyway, they were his buddies! cry

And now we learn he's DEAD! Something about this whole thing sickens me...

Except for the idea of eatin him, though. Might as well, right? I'd suggest a nice cajun seasoning, and crispy on the edges, please. A little tartar sauce, and a cold brew. No, two cold brews. Yeah, sounds like he was a bully... I'm pretty sure he deserved it.
Posted By: Yellow Jacket Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 12:31 AM
Fry the booger...

Tried copying Wedding Crashers YouTube here of the "dammit Roger" scene, but you have to imagine it playing here and now...
Posted By: Rainman Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 01:31 AM
Sunil...use any dechlorinator in the water? More likely you bleached his gills over pickling them. Even in a 10 gallon aquarium, you would need more than a cup of salt to even get in a danger zone for a CC.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 01:44 AM
Friends, I spent most of the morning soul searching. You know, looking inside, trying to see where things could have run afoul.

After I gathered my feelings, I was able to make a post here this afternoon. It proved to be a cathartic experience to bare my soul, so to speak.

Once it was suggested that perhaps I was not the cause of Diego's sudden and untimely departure from our dimension, I felt an overwhelming sense of relief.

Now, the specter of foul play has been raised, and I find it emotionally challenging. Further, I find it even more disturbing that I may be a suspect, or at the very least, a person of interest, in the untimely demise of Diego. With malicious intent, to boot.

The funeral pyre is lit.

Diego will go on to the next dimension (quickly and without autopsy) promptly at 10:13PM EST this evening. Burn, baby. Burn.

Diego, 'if I don't meet you no more in this world, then I'll meet you on the next one, and don't be late. Don't be late.'
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 01:57 AM
Sunil, your friends are just trying to make you feel better, not true you killed Diego as sure as a barber likes to talk. Salt poisoning is probably the worse way for a catfish could have died. It is good that you did not see his innards, it would have been ugly, possibly as ugly as Ned's lover on his canoe trip. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the truth will always get out. I hope you have a good night's sleep.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 01:58 AM
We taking this to trial soon? What evidence have you dug up thus far?
Posted By: Sunil Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 02:00 AM
We're moving up the interment to 10:05PM, EST.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 02:12 AM
RIP Diego, you are going out with class....... wink

As for the case against the killer, well we have our ways of catching you!!
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 02:12 AM
Omaha, stop him from "the Interment", I am looking for Jack Klugman phone number.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 02:29 AM
Sunil, get away from the catfish until the investigation is complete. We will restrain you if necessary.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 02:43 AM
Dear Friends,

We are gathered here this evening to honor, and pay homage to, the life of Diego, channel catfish. I'd like to share a few memories and then open up the floor for any other comments you would like to make about the life of Diego, and how Diego may have affected your life.

I remember just a few days after Diego joined our family, he said to me "Hey Man! This dinky aquarium sucks! What do you expect me to be doing up in here?" I wanted to reply "Diego, this aquarium is certainly better than that dinky and stinky aquarium you were in at that third rate fish store," but I didn't. I just laughed it off and smiled at the joyous times to come.

Another time, Diego made a snide comment about my wife. But we let if roll off and focused on the good times. This was all before the bluegill slayings.

My dear Diego...I guess if I had paid attention at certain technical presentations at Pond Boss Conferences I, II, III, IV, or V, I would have known if you were a male or female, but that's water under the bridge at this point.

Go easy, Diego.

I present to you:

Diego, Channel Catfish, August 6, 2012 - March 18 or 19, 2013

Diego, at rest:

This Diego Is On Fire:

Posted By: hang_loose Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 02:48 AM
God bless you Diego... You were a better fish than I am wink.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 02:58 AM
Flambeau finale....a fitting finish for a finned friend.

I thought the use of newspaper as trimming was especially poignant.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 03:04 AM
And he burns the evidence. I think we have our prime suspect.
Posted By: mnfish Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 03:43 AM
Hello Sunil my name is Oliver. My master is fast asleep and probabley dreaming of ice out. I will probably get in trouble for going online again but hey this is as important to me as the free bones the puppy hook up site was offering for first time members.

Anyway... I'm sure you can see my sorrow for the demise of Diago in my bulging Caliver eyes. Good bye my forked tailed bullhead.

Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 11:10 AM
The wheels of justice do roll on. As to the matter of "kosher salt",we all know it could only come from one country. After obtaining a like sample and testing into the wee hours this morning. The "kosher salt" appears to have come from Wally World" and was laced with horsemeat. We need help to finish our investigation(both financially and experts who are well versed in these matters. All of the Texas people can send money. Just adress the mail to "Justice for Diego",I can take care of the signature.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 11:54 AM
Ken,
Done, and thanks for helping out this way, your efforts will not be forgotten. Bless you for defending Diego.

Was $1000 enough?
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 11:59 AM
Not near enough(maybe nuff for another Stella and Loomis though). You just need to dig a little deeper.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 12:24 PM
After all is said it was still manslaughter, er fishslaughter. Rest assured you will be punished at some point unbeknownst to you.
Posted By: vamaz Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 12:42 PM
I gotta say, with this much mystery behind the chain of events that led to the trajic loss of this youngster, and Sunil's apparent hand in it, I never would have had him/her cremated in my own home. Now his/her troubled spirit is likely trapped between here and the other side, left to haunt the house until a time when his/her death can be justified.

Sunil, if I were you, I'd just fess up and turn myself in so the poor lil guy/gal's spirit will be freed and can move on.

Or sell the house.
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 12:56 PM
Originally Posted By: kenc
As to the matter of "kosher salt",we all know it could only come from one country.

I noticed the reference to "kosher" salt as well. Perhaps the rush to judge poor Sunil so harshly is premature-maybe he is actually an unsuspecting hero.
What if "Diego", the American Channel Cat, was actually "Dalal", the al Quaida fingerling, nefariously inserted into our waters to grow, multiply, and plug the cooling intake of the closest nuclear power plant?
Stands to reason he'd be exquisitely sensative to Kosher salt.....
Posted By: Bing Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 01:04 PM
Come on warm weather!!!!! Some body (bodies) got way too much time on their hands.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 01:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Bing
too much time on their hands.

Not Diego. cry
Posted By: Sunil Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 01:18 PM
Diego's funeral pyre was in our outdoor fireplace, so hopefully, the shade of Diego will be relegated to outdoor hauntings.

On a side note, I did offer to also cremate Hipp, the hamster, who is currently residing frozen in our freezer awaiting a dirt nap this spring. Hipp ended up getting a cancerous club foot that spread through his/her body.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 01:19 PM
Perhaps is was not Kosher Salt, but Halal???
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 03:04 PM
Sigh!! My crime fighting friends, this is so obvious. The "killer" left the irrefutable clues
in plain sight. The little rock formation in the bottom left of the picture. It can only be Bill Clinton!!!!
Posted By: heybud Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 03:10 PM
I have read this sad story several times and what amazes me is that you have an outdoor fireplace! RIP Diego
Posted By: ewest Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 03:11 PM
Sunil you are hell harsh on pets !! shocked -- crazy I had a dream – revenge of Diego next time you go to your lake – you know they reproduce by sprits. He is waiting to push you in and get even.

Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 03:23 PM
Late night water changes never go well! RIP Diego ~ off to that big aerated pond in the sky!
Posted By: djstauder Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 04:19 PM
I think it is more likely you and/or Diego was picked on Peroni than salt
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 07:54 PM
Hflyer, was glad to get your check today. I am glad you got my PM and put your SS number on your check. I do have good news and better news. You have excellent credit and I don't have to walk in the rain to pay for my gas with cash anymore. A credit card is a great thing. My meal today was a big step up over the 3.53 I spent at Mickey D' yesterday. I realize I need more help,maybe a pro like Travis. If you could talk to some of your friends to secure more funds, we may wrap this up in no time. Your loyal friend and defender of Diego.
Posted By: Cisco Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 08:15 PM
A hamster AND a catfish? Sounds like there is a pattern here.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/20/13 11:17 PM
Ken, I'm on it.

That wasn't my ssn, it was Bob's and I think the check might have bounced, but at least you had one good day and that is more than we can say for diego lately...... grin
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/21/13 12:13 AM
Daggone, if what you say is true, my cousin Davy Crockett got killed for naught. However we will still forge on and find justice for Diego. We are currently working the theory that the fat head was at fault. Fat or Big heads as they are called in the mountains are always acting superior to everyone and everything. Therefore it is only natural that a long suffering fish like Diego would finally snap. I have wanted to shoot a couple of big heads myself, but they took my guns after my latest incident. The dead hamster does raise some flags(mostly red) and we will leave no stone unturned. We do need help with this query. Please post your ideas while the fire is still hot.
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/21/13 12:20 AM
We are currently working the theory that the fat head was at fault.

Not a theory, we've already established Sunil's responsibility.
Originally Posted By: cisco
A hamster AND a catfish? Sounds like there is a pattern here.

Sunil's never quite forgiven Todd for the snapper in the outhouse caper......maybe he's harboring ill will against creatures with whiskers?
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/21/13 12:31 AM
YS, way to go. We may need to set up a "Volunteer" chapter. You could be a great asset but you need to set up your own finances. P.S. Be very wary of HiFlyer.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/21/13 12:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac
Sunil's never quite forgiven Todd for the snapper in the outhouse caper......maybe he's harboring ill will against creatures with whiskers?

Fantastic. My friends, who put the turtle in the outhouse after they couldn't get it to stay in the bed of my truck for its invitation to dinner at one of our places, will be elated to know that Todd is to blame. They love razzing that boy!
Posted By: highflyer Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/21/13 06:18 AM
YS, despite what KENC sas, I got your back!! Start your chapter!!
Posted By: ewest Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/21/13 02:15 PM
That snapper would like the remains of the 2 victims and would do a good job of getting rid of any evidence of foul play. What a twisted tail of horror we weave. shocked
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/21/13 04:30 PM
YS, way to go. We may need to set up a "Volunteer" chapter.

Originally Posted By: HF
I got your back!! Start your chapter!!

Well, I've been down this chapter road before. Once upon a time I tried to forge a bond with JHAP by starting a regional offshoot of the GSA, which I designated "Reckless Enthusiasts of Cyanellus Trying to Utilize Murderous Sunfish". Conceptually, it was a great success, but when we got to the acronym stage the whole thing fell apart for some reason.
Posted By: ewest Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/21/13 06:42 PM
confused -- confused RECTMUS = GSA laugh -- laugh -- shocked
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/21/13 09:25 PM
Yo YS, Very funny. Do you have any leads? This global warming is chilling my inquiry, so we may have to defer to you. Good luck.
Posted By: vamaz Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/21/13 11:38 PM
Our perp has been strangely quiet lately. You don't suppose he's skipped town on us?

It may be too late, but I suggest we go ahead and freeze his assets anyway before he's able to make it outa the country.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/21/13 11:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac
YS, way to go. We may need to set up a "Volunteer" chapter.

Originally Posted By: HF
I got your back!! Start your chapter!!

Well, I've been down this chapter road before. Once upon a time I tried to forge a bond with JHAP by starting a regional offshoot of the GSA, which I designated "Reckless Enthusiasts of Cyanellus Trying to Utilize Murderous Sunfish". Conceptually, it was a great success, but when we got to the acronym stage the whole thing fell apart for some reason.

One day Jhap will have his epiphany and discover it is in fact his clever, deceitful, coveted GSF that are his true trespassers and destructive property thieves...Nasty, sneaky thieves often gathering by the 1000's in turbin wrapped disguises to become terrestrial and ambulatory!! Sneaky, Devil's spawn, straight from the bowels of Hades
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/22/13 12:02 AM
Some of my favorite times when I was a kid was catching them on a cane pole. I have never seen one in Va.(39 yrs.). I stocked HBG thinking they might revert back but the bass wiped them out in a few years. One mans' vinegar is another ones' honey.
Posted By: CMM Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/22/13 01:49 AM
This post was way better than the movie Net Flix sent in the mail today! Thanks for the belly laughs. CMM
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/22/13 02:28 AM
Originally Posted By: CMM
This post was way better than the movie Net Flix sent in the mail today! Thanks for the belly laughs. CMM

+1 CMM - Oh man, I just stumbled upon this...comedic gold!

While I didn't know Diego personally, I felt a perceptible twinge of sadness viewing the funeral pyre photo. Dramatic departure!

Sunil, whenever you sit before the fireplace, may you always breath the redolence of his toasted slime coat til the end of your days.

Fare thee well, Diego.

Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/22/13 02:38 AM
Good point Allen, do you think we could use some of Sunils' money to investigate him.
Posted By: Linus Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/22/13 12:27 PM
(psst.....Hey...........it's me)

Yesterday, I was driving up to my house when I saw five black Suburbans lined up in my drive way.

I turned around and took off. My first thought was "head south now!"

So now I'm in Mexico. I know, I know, dumb move! "Diego" and all...

Should have gone to Canada...
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/22/13 12:36 PM
Linus(whom ever),I hope you took pleeeently of bottled or Diego will have his revenge.
Posted By: vamaz Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/22/13 12:45 PM
We're too late, it looks like he slipped through our fingers! Oh, well, I've alerted the border patrol so they'll be watching for him in case he ever tries to return. We can rest assured we'll never see him this far north again, our side of that border is sealed tight-as-a-drum! cry
Posted By: esshup Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/22/13 12:52 PM
Update the APB. There's a new alias on the loose!
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/22/13 01:02 PM
The "sealed as tight as a drum" border has put all of my old carpenter friends out of business. You can not walk on a construction site without slipping on a taco wrapper.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/22/13 04:40 PM
He'll never make it past Immigration Control between Texas and Oklahoma. They have no problem with anyone going North but Okies, Yankees and other misfits get turned back.
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/22/13 06:02 PM
Linus, we found where you had changed all your passwords to 4-3-2-1 last night. How is the bottled holding up. We suspect that you will wish you had packed a cyanide pill before long. You may not DIE, but you will GO.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/22/13 07:35 PM
"linuS" you are still in range of the long arm of the pond law........grin
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/23/13 02:14 AM
Yo YS, how goes the Volunteer Brigade? We have determined that the black suv' at Sunil=Linus home was not investigating anything. They were the "the law" but when the man of the house leaves, they step in to comfort the women that are left behind. Do we live in a great country or not? Take care my compadre and fellow defender of DIEGO.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/24/13 11:10 PM
Defenders of Diego, we help a small ceremony honoring Diego yesterday out at our farm. It was a simple Viking sized Funeral Pyre (about 13 feet tall). Apparently, Diego liked it and sent us about an inch or rain!!! Thank you Diego, Thanks you.

This picture was taken from the cabin because of the rain!! I'll be glad to relight it after it dries up some!!
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/28/13 01:48 AM
Linus, have you returned home yet. It would be O.K. if you did, the community policing can get very heated. The first few times you walk around your house, keep your shoes on. This way you won't stump your toes on any hand cuffs that are laying around. You are not in the clear yet but we have limited funds since Hiflier shafted us. We would not been willing to work with him if we knew he flew planes for a living. When you flying that high,the lack of oxygen will mess up a normal person much less one from Texas.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/28/13 02:08 PM
Ken, after taking the knife out of my back, I thought I would let you know that we have pressurization systems on our aircraft to supply normal O2 levels to our aircraft in flight, AND we have O2 masks as a backup if there is a pressurization system problem. That said, I'll put my O2 saturation levels against anyone!!

As for the funds, I found you a dollar, adding that the two I got from other Texans, that makes three!! So how much did you collect from other defenders of Diego?

Lets not miss the focus here, Diego's murderer is still at large. Lets focus on the facts and bring closure to this case. Diego deserves that much...
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/28/13 04:46 PM
Hiflier, if you read my post again you will notice that I did not mention pig sticker one time. Are you sure the gauges are correct? Could they have been made in China? I do appreciate the extra three dollars, do you mind to fold them so they won't snag on tight fitting outfits? We are putting a lot of money into Yolksac and his brigade. Hopefully we are getting closer to a resolution. Again I won't to stress that I did not mean to upset you(read about brain deranged people way to much). I am sure your gauges are correct?
Posted By: highflyer Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/28/13 11:03 PM
LOL, gauges correct and certified by a FAA qualified A&P!! Good luck Yolksac team, Tracking down Diego's killer!!

The bils are folded two times just to be sure.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/28/13 11:24 PM
This is becoming a post needing to be moved to Theater of the absurd.....lol
Posted By: highflyer Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/29/13 12:28 AM
Absurd, I don't understand... I am serious about finding Diego's killer!! grin
Posted By: JKB Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/29/13 12:36 AM
Sunil have a "Trained" cat?

This happened on another occasion, and we do know that Sunil likes to copy text excerpts from movies in his signature, which is obvious, he is a copycat. Copycat killer? I think it's reasonable!

Posted By: JKB Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/29/13 12:42 AM
Maybe he just drove Diego "NUTS", as has happened before!

Take this scene for example:

Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/29/13 12:43 AM
Finally something that we can agree on Hyflier, Rainman should be ashamed of himself. I guess he has spent to many nights sleeping in the truck with his dog. I hope I wasn't to harsh on you now but money is money. You do need to be frugal with your money, I have read a lot of articles about pilots in the news and I suspect a lot of you might have liver trouble in the future. I was mean to be negative about Texans but Sam Houston risked life and limb to whip Santa Ana and I will be daggone if his offspring didn't overrun Texas without firing a shot.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/29/13 01:38 AM
We were allowed to use cannons back then.....
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 03/29/13 02:22 AM
JKB, those cartoons are very funny. We need to set up a northern brigate in case Linus recovers from the south of the border trots and tries to hightail it to Canada. I have sent you a PM with all the needed docments and the fees needed to make you a bonfide member of"Diego Avengers". We have also sent you a web page where you can buy your badge and handcuffs. Don't pay any attention to how the models are dressed, the handcuffs still work.
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/02/13 01:39 AM
Yo Yolksac, anything to report on Diego? The website you sent me to get my badge and handcuffs worked great but I don't think they were bikers like I thought. They do wear leather but it has to many cutouts to be Harley approved. They tried to sell me a outfit but I get chaffed with a turtleneck so I passed on the dog collar. The salesman that I talked with had a very high pitched voice so I asked if he had the mumps and they fell on him but he said not. He said that he was concerned about the Supreme Court as he may not be able to get married. I told him you could marry your 9 year old(they raised the age limit as there was to many child brides) granddaughter in Texas but he said it wasn't that simple. Do you have a nickname I could call you as I hate to use your formal name, maybe Yolkie or da Yolkster? Anyway take care,my loyal friend?
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/09/13 03:34 AM
It appears that Linus may escape justice as I have spent so much of my money that my childrens' inheritance is in peril. I sent each member a PM only asking that each person send a paltry sum of 100$ each but it seems that most of you are wasting your money on gas, groceries and rent. As all of you know Linus is loaded(esp. after 9) and money is no object to a devious mind. The motive for getting rid of Diego was to obtain 5 young,unsoiled white catfish. He has them wearing veils,whiskers waxed with 2 carat rubies(that is 10 total for you Texans,yes it is easy to count your pinkie twice) stuck in their orbs. If there are any decent people left on this forum,do what is right and send me enough money to conclude this monumental task before Linus strikes again. It may be your fish the next time if he is not stopped now. Your humble servant, Yolkie?
Posted By: highflyer Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/09/13 03:55 AM
LOL, Ken, you have way too much time on your hands.......Man this is funny, I just wish linuS would be man enough to respond grin
Posted By: Sunil Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/13/13 01:38 AM
Things have cooled down, and I've returned home.

I have some plausible considerations of causal factors that may have contributed to the demise of Diego.

Today, in the fish tank that Diego previously inhabited, I discovered a deceased 'stinkbug' on the bottom.

Many of you may not know what I'm talking about, so here's a picture of one:

In western PA, at least, we've been plagued by these bugs for the last 3 years or so. Some kind of invasive species...

At any rate, a few years ago, I found a Praying Mantis in my garage, and it was eating a stinkbug. The next day, the Mantis was D.E.A.D. dead!

So perhaps, Diego, being the voracious night time eater that he was, felt the bump & stink of a deceased stinkbug, settled on the bottom of the tank, and inhaled the morted creature.

Death ensued, or at least to be suspected.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/13/13 01:53 AM
Plausible scapegoat.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/13/13 01:54 AM
Not so fast my friend!!! This looks like a feeble attempt at a cover-up...
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/13/13 02:12 AM
Stinkbugs in U.S.A.= supper in W.Va.
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/16/13 02:35 AM
Well this week has been a big setback.My friend, Yolkie says he is too busy with his egg distribution business to continue as co-sleuth. Of course I feel betrayed but I shall press on. It is a good thing no Sacs accompanied Davy to Texas or they would have opened the gate and General Ana would have been in the commons before Davy could drop a half charge down Ole Betsy. The only work the bowie knife could have done would have been to prepare Sport for the victory burrito. History would have had to be rewritten and Fess Parker might have had to make a living selling encyclopedias. Oh well, we shall press on and take on another partner, just send me a PM and if you have the needed fees, you can be vetted quickly. I really wanted to work with yolkie as I have fond memories of Tenn. and its people. How did that diddle go. I remember,"Us-um in Tenn. make W.Virginias look like Shakers".
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/16/13 03:07 AM
My friend, you misunderstand me, and in your lack of comprehension, wound me deeply.
Sunil has confessed his crime, weathered the disapprobation of the bretheran, and sought absolution on the alter of the mighty smallmouth. I have therefore been laboring to supply him with a hearty stock of Tennessee brownbacks. These fish are guaranteed to turn their noses up at the odd stinkbug, they are apparently posessed of higher standards than their Pennsylvania cousins. Their vigorous pursuit has occupied every waking moment for weeks.

You see? You have mistaken overenthusiastic ovid endeavors for an earnest attempt at rehabilitation of one of the brothers who has lost his way.

I will ignore the other references to the character and characteristics of my fellow Tennesseans only if you will promise to send the "victory burrito" my way. We have a growing Hispanic population in this state, but good Mexican food is still hard to come by.
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/16/13 12:33 PM
Pssst,pssst, Yolkie,I told you Linus not Sunil.
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/16/13 11:45 PM
Yolkie,if you want real mexican food served by mexicans in a new part of Mexico, go to Texas. I have been there twice(first and last) and the mexican food is delicious, the people are friendly and not very tall. They say there are a few gringos down there but we didn't see any. Just take a few crates of your eggs and you should be good to go as the new residents love to barter. You would have made a good peace officer as you were investigating the wrong person but you didn't let it affect your appetite. I guess country and salsa don't mix well, Maybe the King should have song a few spanish dittles so you could have a decent taco. Good bye and good luck(riddance).
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/17/13 01:31 AM
Ken, I make the best damn enchiladas I've ever tasted. And, I'm an afficianado. A lot of people agree with me. I have been tweaking one recipe for close to 25 years. I got over the top with a chile mix from Pendery's and a couple of unusual green and red salsas for the top.

It was in the PB mag a couple of years ago but I've improved it.
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/17/13 02:16 AM
I would like the recipe if you don't mind. Have you gotten any rain? If not you probably will have a fish kill pretty quick.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/17/13 12:03 PM
We've had some small rains. However, the exposed banks make for a muddy mess. The 1.3 acre, 14 ft deep, pond is now a 3 ft deep, 1/4 acre mud hole stocked with turtles. Nothing comes to feed so I guess I've already had the kill. I figured it would happen but none of the neighbors needed fish. They don't have much water either.

My small1/10 acre forage pond has about 16 inches of clear water and some BG's and RES left. I need to seine it and dump the fish in the creek. It still has water but won't make it through the summer.

Consider me a Pond Boss no more.
Posted By: kenc Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/17/13 12:19 PM
Dadgone,that is bad news but you guys have been in a tough drought for to more. It will be flooded down there sooner or later. Might be a good way to start with your HSB-HBG mix pond. HSB are illegal in Va. or I would give them a shot. Good luck, you are one of the main pond bosses here.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/17/13 12:26 PM
Dave, I really hate to hear that, but you'll always be a Pond Boss.

Let me know if you would like some help if you do seine that pond.
Posted By: ewest Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/17/13 02:10 PM
DD1 you are here for life water or no water. Time to dig that pond deeper !
Posted By: esshup Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/17/13 05:08 PM
I'm with ewest on this. There's a reason why I dug mine to 22' deep when I renovated it.........
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/17/13 06:00 PM
Thanks guys. We've been in a 5 or 6 year drought in my area. Lusk, about 75 to 80 miles to the East, gets floods. We get an inch every now and then but it all soaks in. Someday we will get a frog strangler and I'll start over.

Getting my boat ready to hit the lakes. Of course, the ramps at local lakes are also looking pretty grim.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Confession on a Sad Day.... - 04/17/13 09:19 PM
Dave, sorry to hear your pond is still loosing ground, but think long term and get ready to renovate!!
© Pond Boss Forum