Pond Boss
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Need prayers - 02/05/13 03:47 AM
Hey guys I'm not a real religious guy but I have faith, need help from you guys and gals who are.. I'm not married but I've been with my girlfriend for 7+ years.. Anyways her mom had a massive stroke a few hours ago at only 48yo..
Posted By: kenc Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 03:51 AM
Prayers your way. Post her name so people can put a face to their prayers.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 03:54 AM
On the way to the Almighty, using the express lane.
Posted By: esshup Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 04:11 AM
Agreed, share her name please. In the meantime, prayers are sent your way.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 04:20 AM
Never easy reading things like this. Prayers for sure BGK. Keep us updated when you get a chance.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 04:44 AM
I'll say a prayer my friend.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 04:46 AM
Positive thoughts on their way, BGK.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 07:50 AM
We will add her to our prayer list
Tom&LindaLu
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 11:28 AM
Prayers coming her way
Posted By: JKB Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 11:43 AM
Will do!
Posted By: Dwight Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 01:08 PM
Prayers have been sent.
Posted By: Ted Lea FOREVERGREEN Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 01:25 PM
Prayers sent your way !! Take Care
Posted By: ewest Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 02:36 PM
Hope she gets better soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 02:48 PM
Our prayers and best wishes for a quick recovery.
Posted By: Sherrie- Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 03:07 PM
Sending prayers your way!
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 03:24 PM
Her Name is Jayne Tally, should be getting some updates this morning sometime..
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 05:25 PM
Sent...
Posted By: Sunil Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 06:38 PM
On it.
Posted By: RAH Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 06:58 PM
Jayne is in my prayers. I ask you all for your prayers for my sister in-law Kelly who is in the ICU with pneumonia and is doing very poorly.
Posted By: esshup Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 07:22 PM
Jayne it is and I'll add Kelly tonight.
Posted By: Robert-NJ Re: Need prayers - 02/05/13 10:38 PM
on the way and stay strong
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Need prayers - 02/06/13 01:45 AM
A few really bad pneumonia cases (septis) I know of now. Antibiotics are not as effective as they once were :-(. Prayers sent for Kelly also. Sorry to hear that!
Posted By: highflyer Re: Need prayers - 02/06/13 01:52 AM
Both added to our prayer list, along with their family and friends.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Need prayers - 02/06/13 02:09 AM
Thanks guys updates are slow too come.. Initial reports are vessel burst instead of blocked so that's the worse of the 2.. Her leg has came back her arm is non responsive and face is drooped but coming back fast.. Arm is the main issue hand is curled also..

Thanks for the prayers and ill send some your way right now..
Posted By: RAH Re: Need prayers - 02/06/13 11:35 AM
Only update was that the "numbers" had stabilized. I assume blood oxigen levels, as that was a problem. I am 600 miles from my brother's family. Will provide an update when I hear more. Thanks to all for the prayers.
Posted By: RAH Re: Need prayers - 02/06/13 02:18 PM
Kelly is still stabile and her feaver suggests that her body is fighting the infection.
Posted By: esshup Re: Need prayers - 02/06/13 02:22 PM
Thanks for the update. Prayers are continuing!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Need prayers - 02/06/13 03:07 PM
+1
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Need prayers - 02/06/13 03:15 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts fro east AL.
Posted By: RAH Re: Need prayers - 02/06/13 11:03 PM
Things have deteriorated for Kelly. She needs all the prayers you can give.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Need prayers - 02/06/13 11:28 PM
Will do and same can be said here.. She had 2 bad arteries in her neck and they did surgery this evening, it was unsuccessfull.. Since both arteries are bad they can't fix one because the other side is not supplying the brain with enough blood so they are kinda stuck and limited with options..
Posted By: JKB Re: Need prayers - 02/06/13 11:40 PM
Originally Posted By: RAH
Things have deteriorated for Kelly. She needs all the prayers you can give.

My Prayer is that God will take over and direct those in Kelly's care.

Same for BGK's friend Jayne Tally!

Posted By: RAH Re: Need prayers - 02/06/13 11:44 PM
Thank you
Posted By: kenc Re: Need prayers - 02/06/13 11:49 PM
Well said,JKB.
Posted By: small pond Re: Need prayers - 02/07/13 01:06 AM
Hope she gets well soon.
Posted By: Fastpitch Re: Need prayers - 02/07/13 01:29 AM
We will keep both Jayne and Kelly in our thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: esshup Re: Need prayers - 02/07/13 01:38 AM
Very well said JKB!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Need prayers - 02/07/13 02:55 AM
Both families in our thoughts and prayers guys.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 01:46 AM
Same from here in WV. God is powerful - pray for His healing!
Posted By: RAH Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 01:58 AM
My 80 year old aunt Miriam, who lives with my brother and his wife Kelly, is now also in the hospital with pneumonia. Please add one more to the prayer list.
Posted By: ewest Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 02:15 AM
Done and best wishes.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 02:16 AM
Oh man when it rains it pours.. Ill probably be in the hospital tomorrow getting my gallbladder removed been in pain for 3 days getting pretty unbearable now.. Dr appt 715

Prayers go out to you RAH..

The mother in law has went through surgery the fixed the artery on her left side of her neck it was a success the other they said is too far gone to repair at this time.. She has 10 days of observation then 6 weeks of in-house rehab therapy.. Prayers seem to be working I greatly appreciate it guys seriously from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU..
Posted By: ewest Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 02:32 AM
Good luck tomorrow ! We are here to support each other.
Posted By: kenc Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 02:39 AM
BGK, I had my gall bladder removed last year and it was a breeze. Three little holes and minimal pain so maybe it will be the same for you. I learned the hard way to do exactly what they tell you to do.
Posted By: Shorty Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 03:06 AM
Prayers and good thoughts sent.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 03:18 AM
That's good news on the mother in law BGK. Prayers out to you now.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 03:51 AM
Another round going out to you all...
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 12:41 PM
Originally Posted By: kenc
BGK, I had my gall bladder removed last year and it was a breeze. Three little holes and minimal pain so maybe it will be the same for you. I learned the hard way to do exactly what they tell you to do.

What do you mean do exactly what they tell you.. Woke up this Morning like there was never even a pain there? Anyone know if that's common?
Posted By: RAH Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 01:07 PM
Kelly passed last night. My aunt is still doing ok.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 01:09 PM
My condolences.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 01:17 PM
Ours also. May God comfort her always.
Posted By: kenc Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 01:28 PM
BGK,when I first started having health problems in 2001,I was in really good shape for 51 y.o. and thought I would heal up a lot faster then the docs thought but they were right. Now I take off the time they tell me to and don't work half as hard as I used to. It is common to have "Gall Bladder Attacks" and for the pain to go away for some time but it usually comes back worse then the last time. A CT scan will tell you the story.Get it done soon and you can plan accordingly. Good luck.
Posted By: kenc Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 01:33 PM
RAH, my deepest sympathy and prayers to your family.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 01:36 PM
My Condolences ken I'm sorry to here that they'll be looking down on you from heaven now..
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 01:39 PM
RAH, my prayers are with you and your family.
Posted By: vamaz Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 01:52 PM
Very sorry for your loss, RAH, you all are in my prayers.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 04:35 PM
Originally Posted By: RAH
Kelly passed last night. My aunt is still doing ok.

Wow, so sorry to hear that RAH. Prayers to your whole family, pal.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 04:42 PM
I'm sorry for your family's loss RAH.
Posted By: esshup Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 04:45 PM
RAH, my condolences and prayers to your family.
Posted By: ewest Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 05:03 PM
So sorry RAH. No more pain - a better place now. Hang in there but know this she would not want you to keep hurting.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 05:34 PM
RAH, my deepest condolences and prayers for your faamily....BGK...prayers your way too my friend!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 05:37 PM
Rah my family's prayers are with your family.
Posted By: Tums Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 07:05 PM
Condolences and prayers for you & yours.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 08:11 PM
RAH, so sorry for your loss.
Posted By: brook wilson Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 09:05 PM
My condolences.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 09:36 PM
Damn. Sorry to hear that RAH.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 09:54 PM
Originally Posted By: kenc
BGK,when I first started having health problems in 2001,I was in really good shape for 51 y.o. and thought I would heal up a lot faster then the docs thought but they were right. Now I take off the time they tell me to and don't work half as hard as I used to. It is common to have "Gall Bladder Attacks" and for the pain to go away for some time but it usually comes back worse then the last time. A CT scan will tell you the story.Get it done soon and you can plan accordingly. Good luck.

Got a ultrasound done today and bloodwork.. "Everything is normal".. I have to go back Tuesday morning for a hiatus scan or something to check the function of the gallbladder.. Honestly the pain has completely subsided so I'm thinking it is gallbladder attack, my mom had the same problem and had the same test results but when they took her gallbladder out it was completely full of stones.. I guess I'm at the mercy of the Dr's here and ill have too just wait for another attack and see what happens.. Any advice?
Posted By: kenc Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 10:08 PM
BGK, they don't call their occupation a practice for no reason. It is great you had a clear scan!! Have they checked you for sludge? That is what they thought I had but it was stomach lymphoma. They have a hard time with this area of the stomach. I would just do exactly what they tell me to do. If you have another attack,go straight to the Doc.and the problem likely will be more evident. Good Luck!!
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Need prayers - 02/08/13 10:25 PM
I know I should of went last night when I was bent over with excruciating pain after already having 2 days of constant pain wake up this morning of course the day I'm suppose to go to the dr and barely any pain just a slight tweaked feeling in the area.. Next time it comes back I think ill just go to the ER
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Need prayers - 02/09/13 01:16 AM
Originally Posted By: Bluegillerkiller
I know I should of went last night when I was bent over with excruciating pain after already having 2 days of constant pain wake up this morning of course the day I'm suppose to go to the dr and barely any pain just a slight tweaked feeling in the area.. Next time it comes back I think ill just go to the ER

Don't ignore or put it off!
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Need prayers - 02/09/13 01:48 AM
I know my mom kept telling me the same thing yesterday.. I blew my chance on this round but from what I've read the attacks don't just stop they come back worse..
Posted By: kenc Re: Need prayers - 02/09/13 02:00 AM
You just got a chance to get all yo loose ends tied up. If you have surgery you will not be able to work for several days. So take advantage of this to do what you need to do.
Posted By: RAH Re: Need prayers - 02/11/13 02:56 PM
Thank you all
Posted By: kenc Re: Need prayers - 02/15/13 06:50 PM
Update,guys.
Posted By: RAH Re: Need prayers - 02/16/13 01:09 PM
Please all of you, do not take the flu or pneumonia lightly. Pneumonia almost took my son when he was 3 yrs old (14 years ago) and it just took my sister-in-law. My 80-yr old aunt should be released from the hospital very soon. My parents and I all have the flu now (we did not get the shot). My wife and son are not sick (they got the shot). I have strain A, which the shot works on, and am on the mend thanks to Tamiflu. Still trying to get the fluid out of my lungs, but pulled a muscle in my gut from coughing fits, so I am working hard not to cough. I appreciate all your kind words for Kelly. She was a very giving person. and the room where the words were said overflowed into an additional room in order to accommodate all the friends and family that attended, A life well lived, even if it was too short (56 years). Nine out of every hundred deaths in the USA right now are from flu of flu-related pneumonia.
Posted By: esshup Re: Need prayers - 02/16/13 02:19 PM
RAH, I had a nasty cold a little while ago and what helped my congestion in the lungs was Mucinex Maximum Strength tablets - one every 12 hrs. I'd only take that for daytime, I'd use Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough and Chest Congestion DM. Both over the counter, but both worked very well. It loosened up the congestion so I could get it out and let me sleep at night.

I didn't get a shot, and the doc said I just had a bad cold, not the flu.
Posted By: kenc Re: Need prayers - 02/16/13 02:33 PM
I got the flu shot and my wife didn't. She had the flu really bad and mine was less then one third of her ordeal. She is the strong one in our family so we will be getting the shots from now on.
Posted By: RAH Re: Need prayers - 02/16/13 02:43 PM
They originally gave me vicodin but it contained an antihistamine as well so I could not take it having experienced a side effect in the past due to a condition that I have. If I am upright or sleep on an incline, I seem to be alright. If I lay down, things start to gurgle.
Posted By: kenc Re: Need prayers - 02/16/13 04:34 PM
RAH, you probably have acid reflux.You need to get it checked out as we lost a good friend at 43 due to this. I had it bad 2 years ago and had my stomach scoped and they found a lump one in.x3in. which turned out to be stomach lymphona which has no symptons until it is usually to late. So doc. told me acid reflux helped me big time. They can't cure it but it beat back with a easy chemno.Good luck.
Posted By: RAH Re: Need prayers - 02/16/13 06:24 PM
Think that I am dealing with pneumonia based on having flu (I'm 4 days in) and the symptoms of others with flu. Right now, I breath fine when standing. No pain from it other than the torn abs from coughing fits.
Posted By: kenc Re: Need prayers - 02/16/13 06:31 PM
That would be good,but if you have it after you whip the flu, carry yourself to the doc. Treatment is simple and effective.I had pneumonia twice last winter(chemno) but not your symptoms.
Posted By: kenc Re: Need prayers - 05/20/13 02:35 AM
Prayers for all the people and animals in OK.
Posted By: ewest Re: Need prayers - 05/20/13 02:33 PM
+ 1
Posted By: kenc Re: Need prayers - 05/20/13 09:26 PM
This is starting to look like 1974 in Ky where we taught school.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Need prayers - 05/20/13 09:35 PM
Yeah, Moore caught pure HELL.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Need prayers - 05/20/13 09:36 PM
Wow, the OK City tornado today was said to be a mile wide. Hope everyone's safe.
Posted By: jludwig Re: Need prayers - 05/20/13 09:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Yeah, Moore caught pure HELL.

Again.

Keep sending prayers. Currently 3 active tornado warnings in the state.
Posted By: MRHELLO Re: Need prayers - 05/20/13 10:26 PM
I think the tornado was 2.5 miles wide at one point. This may include the debris ball but at any rate it is devastating and Sad.

Prayers go out to all families involved.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Need prayers - 05/20/13 10:30 PM
It stayed around, if reports are true, for 45 minutes. An elementary school was destroyed with children inside. They are still trying to get to them.

Say your prayers and hug your children and grandchildren.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Need prayers - 05/20/13 11:08 PM
I'm not sure how the Okies keep on keeping on. My son was in Norman when the mile wide tornado went through Moore several years back while he worked at OU. We didn't get in contact with him until several hours after that big tornado -- and he didn't even know about it! I visited several weeks later. Driving from Norman, through Moore, into OK city, it looked like someone had cleared a mile-wide right-of-way as far as one could see, west to east.

Now he lives in Edmond, and is some kind of executive director at the University of Central Oklahoma. Housing and security fall under his domain. He just tells the students and staff to take appropriate cover, which they are apparently well accustomed to doing. Yeesh!

When we talked to him yesterday after the Shawnee tornadoes, he and his wife just don't see these any different than my wife and I see thunderstorms or snow storms. He and his bride were at home yesterday when they got the warnings. He said they just went into their shelter under the garage floor for about 20 minutes. About two years ago a tornado went through their neighborhood destroying the house across the street, but only damaging the gate on their backyard fence. I think it was last year that a very large wildfire burned to within a few hundred feet of the back of their house!

I'm glad I live where I do. And, I pray for the souls who live where big tornadoes come through on a regular basis.

Let's hope for good news out of Moore.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Need prayers - 05/20/13 11:50 PM
The news isn't good. This from Fox news. At one of the elementary school, they have changed the search and rescue mission to a recovery mission. Evidently, 24 3rd graders didn't make it.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Need prayers - 05/20/13 11:54 PM
There are always tornado's in "Tornado Alley", but I don't remember this many, this big in a while. The tail end of this system is heading back towards Hillsboro again. It's just seems to be circling around DFW because of the High Cap.

Thoughts and prayers to all of you in OK.
Posted By: jludwig Re: Need prayers - 05/21/13 01:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
The news isn't good. This from Fox news. At one of the elementary school, they have changed the search and rescue mission to a recovery mission. Evidently, 24 3rd graders didn't make it.

Local news is reporting along the same lines. 7 dead thus far and 20-30 missing. That school took a direct dead center hit from the tornado.
© Pond Boss Forum