Pond Boss
Posted By: R&R WOW!!! Crazy Week - 06/29/12 03:19 PM
Boy how fast things can change.

Woke up at 4:30AM Monday got ready for work kissed the wife goodbye and left for work.

Less than 2 miles from the house I blacked out and wrecked my truck. Long and short of it I blacked out 7 more times that day and I now have pacemaker in me,

All in all I am very lucky in how everything transpired. I think the good lord was looking after me.

At 46 you don't expect to need a pacemaker but the Dr. said I will ultimately have no restrictions.

Sure makes one grateful for all the little things.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: WOW!!! Crazy Week - 06/29/12 03:26 PM
You are one lucky fellow. Sounds like the Dr has you taken care of.
Sorry to here about this, but glad you're ok. This is a perfect time to
relax and take it easy for a while.
Posted By: esshup Re: WOW!!! Crazy Week - 06/29/12 04:21 PM
WOW! Glad to hear that you are on the mend, and that it wasn't permanent. wink

You're right, things can change in a heartbeat!

Dad has had one for maybe 4-5 years. No more welding, and some other restrictions, but other than that it's pretty transparent (i.e. he doesn't know it's there).
Posted By: Omaha Re: WOW!!! Crazy Week - 06/29/12 06:48 PM
Whoa! Do what you're handle alludes to and get some R&R! Glad you're ok.
Posted By: JKB Re: WOW!!! Crazy Week - 06/29/12 07:34 PM
Glad you are OK!

That happened to a guy at work a couple weeks ago. A few months earlier he also had a stroke. Also the same age. He is doing fine. A bit of adjustment to life style/habits.

One guy that was helping on a project about 10 years ago just dropped dead on the spot. He gurgled for a second, and it was all over. Massive heart attack. Really nice guy, and just turned 50.

Another guy I know went to the doc with neck pain. 3 weeks later he passed away. His body was so full of cancer that there was nothing that could be done.

Never know when your number is being called.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: WOW!!! Crazy Week - 06/29/12 09:32 PM
So true JKB but there are some of us that aren't taking care of ourselves as in not getting the exercise we need, not eating right, overweight, or have bad habits like smoking.

Since I started working out regularly I feel 300 percent better, not as cranky, and I feel 20 years younger not to mention the weight loss. If there is anyone here that is in their 30's, 40's, 50's or even older and you've got the O.K. from your doctor I say join a health club like I did or do something. You won't regret it.
Posted By: Sunil Re: WOW!!! Crazy Week - 06/30/12 01:17 AM
Glad to hear you pulled through, R&R!

What Omaha said! Word.
Posted By: ewest Re: WOW!!! Crazy Week - 06/30/12 01:44 AM
Good results ! Most people don't survive the first one.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: WOW!!! Crazy Week - 06/30/12 02:15 AM
Originally Posted By: ewest
Good results ! Most people don't survive the first one.

Absolutely R&R. Glad you made it. I sure hope my babbling wasn't off thread. I meant well. blush
Posted By: R&R Re: WOW!!! Crazy Week - 06/30/12 04:33 PM
Thanks to all for the well wishes.

Plan on laying low for a week or two. Feeling great otherwise.
© Pond Boss Forum