Pond Boss
Posted By: RC51 Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/04/11 06:37 PM
Went to work like this today and pretty much freaked a few people out!! smile A lot of people took pictures and before you know my picture went viral all over the country!! LOL!! It doesn't take long these days for a picture to end up half way around the world! Funny thing is in Packer country people wouldn't have looked at me twice!! grin Everyone here actually wanted to touch the cheesehead as most of them had never saw one in real life! Just on T.V. To Funny! Sorry Todd but this SB has to go to GB it's our turn! smile

Attached picture Die Hard PackerFan.jpg
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/04/11 06:55 PM
LOL! laugh Love it, RC! That is most definitely a pic that Pack fans around the country should enjoy!

I shall leave you alone today and allow you to enjoy the fun and frivolity of your obvious and enviable fan status. But Sunday shall be for the BLACK and GOLD, baby!!!

By the way, I think I finally know what Catmandoo is talking about when he says he makes "head cheese." grin
Posted By: RC51 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/04/11 07:59 PM
LOL!!! Good Stuff
Posted By: Brettski Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/04/11 08:10 PM
PAGING SUNIL....
SUNIL, PLEASE PICK UP THE WHITE POND BOSS COURTESY PHONE

Posted By: catmandoo Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/04/11 08:48 PM
Originally Posted By: RC51
Went to work like this today and pretty much freaked a few people out!! smile A lot of people took pictures and before you know my picture went viral all over the country!! LOL!! It doesn't take long these days for a picture to end up half way around the world! Funny thing is in Packer country people wouldn't have looked at me twice!! grin Everyone here actually wanted to touch the cheesehead as most of them had never saw one in real life! Just on T.V. To Funny! Sorry Todd but this SB has to go to GB it's our turn! smile

I thinks it is time to start a PB Superbowl Photo Gallery. RC is in. I'm in. Who else is crazy enough to embarrass themselves? What about you wimpy Stealer fans? No guts? No photos? Let's see whatcha got that can top what has already been posted!

(I'm just glad it was the Packers and not the Vikings. Wearing the helmet with the horns and golden hair braids is very demeaning. It's really bad when the Vikings and Packers play each other -- do I wear the helmet and my green and yellow jacket, or do I wear my cheesehead and my purple and gold jacket?)
Posted By: JKB Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/04/11 08:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Todd3138
LOL! laugh

By the way, I think I finally know what Catmandoo is talking about when he says he makes "head cheese." grin

True Head Cheese is really good!

BTW: What is this Super Bowl Thing that I am hearing about?
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/04/11 09:00 PM
Originally Posted By: JKB
[quote!

JKB, I think it's some kind of athletic event that fills in the
space between 4 hours of commercials on Sunday...
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/04/11 09:04 PM
LOL! laugh

I gotta find the photo of Sunil enjoying my homemade headcheese. (Don't tell him or Todd, but I tricked them by telling them it was jellied pig's knuckles!) grin

As for the Super Bowl Thing, I believe it has something to do with a big (super) bowl encased in ice somewhere in sunny and balmy Texas.
Posted By: JKB Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/04/11 09:17 PM
Originally Posted By: rmedgar
[quote!

JKB, I think it's some kind of athletic event that fills in the
space between 4 hours of commercials on Sunday...

laugh laugh laugh I dont watch TV that much, but I do like Wipeout! Not many guys on either team would make it through!

How about bumping it up a notch, and the winning team has to be on Wipeout!

That should get some coverage!
Posted By: JKB Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/04/11 09:21 PM
Originally Posted By: catmandoo
LOL! laugh

I gotta find the photo of Sunil enjoying my homemade headcheese. (Don't tell him or Todd, but I tricked them by telling them it was jellied pig's knuckles!) grin

As for the Super Bowl Thing, I believe it has something to do with a big (super) bowl encased in ice somewhere in sunny and balmy Texas.

Head Cheese, Yummmmm!

You know Ken, every time I see roadkill, I think of you!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/04/11 09:33 PM
Originally Posted By: catmandoo
I thinks it is time to start a PB Superbowl Photo Gallery. RC is in. I'm in. Who else is crazy enough to embarrass themselves? What about you wimpy Stealer fans? No guts? No photos? Let's see whatcha got that can top what has already been posted!

Pics of Sunil and me wearing nothing but Terrible Towels as loincloths just wouldn't fly on a family-oriented site like this. I'll have to see what I can come up with!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/04/11 09:51 PM
If the Packers win, I will kill every Green Sunfish that I catch for the next 19 years.
Now, you know why JHAP does not bother berating me for that remark?

It's because he knows the Packers are going to lose.

Think about all your respective ties to Pittsburgh. Really feel the space.
Posted By: JKB Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/04/11 10:43 PM
I was just chastised by a young, pregnant, Amish gal at the local general store for not paying too much attention to football. She married out of the community, but her new family has two hogs cooking underground as of today for Sunday. If you never had hog underground, you are missing something!

She also convinced me that the Steelers have it in the bag!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/04/11 11:27 PM
Nice, JKB! So let's see your Terrible Towel!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/04/11 11:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Sunil
If the Packers win, I will kill every Green Sunfish that I catch for the next 19 years.

This sounds like a win-win for everybody, including JHAP, the fish, the Packer fans, and the Steeler fans.

I think you should do it no matter who wins or loses. Just think of the tailgate fish fry parties we can have, even if there isn't a game. We won't need an excuse. The culling will make them all bigger and easier to fillet. The surviving sunfish will be happier. The bigger ones will be more fun to catch.

I don't see any losers in this.

What happens if it is Steelers 38 and Green Bay 38 after the 99th overtime on Tuesday morning? Will that mean 38 years of culling?
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/05/11 03:41 AM
JKB, you know how strong the Amish are here in PA, right? She was channeling to you from us.

catmandoo, please, please don't be afraid to embrace your feelings. We, here in southwestern PA, accept you as a Pittsburgher.

Remember your first car? It was made of steel. Just release....
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/05/11 07:47 PM
Brettski, you sell metal. You love steel. Embrace your inner feelings!

Leaving for the airport for Argentina now.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 01:11 AM
The fans are everywhere, even in my basement.

Posted By: esshup Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 02:02 AM
The game is late enough so we can get in some goose hunting in before it starts.

Ken, do you have any special goose recipes (even jerky) that'd be worth trying? These are Greater Canadian Geese. Some are over 10#.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 02:26 AM
Originally Posted By: esshup
The game is late enough so we can get in some goose hunting in before it starts.

Ken, do you have any special goose recipes (even jerky) that'd be worth trying? These are Greater Canadian Geese. Some are over 10#.

Scott,

Unfortunately, I've not had a lot of great success with Canada geese. Over 40 years I've tried many ways of fixing them. No matter what, I find them gamey and greasy. Even smoked or turned into jerky, they just aren't great. For some reason, they are very different from wild duck and domestic goose.

About the only edible way I've found to fix them is to use only the breasts. For anyone not familiar with Canada goose breasts, they look a lot like calves liver -- very dark reddish brown. I split them down the middle into two pieces, and soak them in saltwater over night -- about a half cup of salt to two quarts of water. The next day I will cut them into finger sized pieces, or just a little larger. Like my fish, I coat them in flour and then dip them in a flavored batter, usually a beer batter. I deep fry them. They are actually pretty good.

Give it a try.

Ken
Wow, I'm impressed. Ken has his own pinball machine.
Posted By: esshup Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 03:16 AM
Ken:

That's what we did, breast them out. The remains will be coyote bait. 13 geese = 23# of breast meat. One goose had fat that was very orangish yellow. I've never seen fat that color before. Another one had fat that was almost opaque white.

I'll soak them tomorrow.

Thanks.
Posted By: ceadmin Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 03:54 AM
As my wife and I are former natives of the Fox Valley Area in Cheeseland. We have embraced our brothers-in-arms and invited our neighbors over who are former natives of Pittsburgh. It's gonna get nasty tomorrow. smile

These neighbors called me up this afternoon to look behind our house, when we got back there, they are dancing in the snow in full Steelers jerseys and yelling not so nice things back to us about tomorrow. Have you ever seen two 50-somethings dancing a jig in 4 feet of snow drifts. I wish I had my camera with me! Good times.
Posted By: JohnnyB Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 02:12 PM

We got permission into a farm field in the middle of a nearbye suburban town where the geese thought they were safe but were quite a nuisance. Got the town to give me and two buddies a permit to discharge firearms in the city limits. Surprisingly the local/CO/state police didn't show up when all the shooting started each morning. Guess all the suburbia neighbors were happy we were helping 'em out.

We tend to breast them and use the rest to feed the local wildlife. By the end of October we turned in 40# of meat and had it made into summer sausage (mix with some pork, smoked).

I've also had some luck with Jerky and with substituting them for cubed beef in a heavy gravy crock pot beef stroganoff recipe.

Brining is the key. Even the stuff we turn into sausage we soak in salt water overnight. It is amazing how much blood you draw out of the breasts with the saltwater!!

Our season shuts down in early January :-(

How long does yours go? Ground blinds? Pit Blinds? What do you hunt out of?

BTW -- sittin here in my Green and Gold....Go Packers!!!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 03:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Wow, I'm impressed. Ken has his own pinball machine.

Over the 25 years, or so, that we've had it, that machine has provided countless hours of fun for family and friends. It is one of the very last that has absolutely no electronics. It is entirely mechanical, except for the electrical wiring. The bells, many other other sounds from relays, ratchets, solenoids, doors, springs, plus the lights, makes it fascinating, especially to younger guests accustomed to electronic games. I believe it was built in 1977.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 03:14 PM
Originally Posted By: ceadmin
As my wife and I are former natives of the Fox Valley Area in Cheeseland. We have embraced our brothers-in-arms and invited our neighbors over who are former natives of Pittsburgh. It's gonna get nasty tomorrow. smile

I don't think it will get nasty at our house, but it should be fun this afternoon. Our daughter-in-law is a Steelers fan. I'm not sure about my son -- she may have corrupted him. I know my D-I-L thinks I've corrupted their daughter (the on in the picture above) on more than just football -- like eating venison, and putting worms on hooks, etc.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 03:20 PM
Arrived in Argentina.

Let's get ready to rumble.......
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 03:49 PM
Arrived in Argentina.

Let's get ready to rumble.......

I hope you can at least get some Leinenkugel's Beer to enjoy while you are watching the game. grin
I'm going to be painting a fish tank today and snowblowing. That's how excited I am about the Superbowl! grin

I'd go icefishing but don't want to stress by 20 to 30 dollar a pound fish.
Posted By: JKB Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 04:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
I'm going to be painting a fish tank today and snowblowing. That's how excited I am about the Superbowl! grin

Did you get the other two tanks you mentioned? Sherwin Williams has a new epoxy potable water tank paint that is less expensive than the AES stuff. Plus it is better. It comes in light blue and white.

Someone is going to have to do a play by play as the only channel I get is ABC.

I hope the Steelers make nacho cheese out of the Packers.

Steel Reserve is made in Wisconsin. Gotta be an underground group there laugh
I'll have a Leine for Sunil. Maybe more than one.

And, I could care less who wins.

Did you get the other two tanks you mentioned? Sherwin Williams has a new epoxy potable water tank paint that is less expensive than the AES stuff. Plus it is better. It comes in light blue and white.

No, I'm going to wait until spring to pick them up. Too dangerous to be hauling anything in the weather conditions we have right now, and I don't need them right away.

Someone is going to have to do a play by play as the only channel I get is ABC.

So you can't get the real coverage unless you're watching cable? That sucks. That's what turns me off about pro sports and NASCAR. It's so commercialized it's hard for me to stomach. Of course that is must my opinion.

Posted By: JKB Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 05:22 PM
Actually, I really am not concerned who wins. But the Steelers were my favorite team as a kid.

I'll probably get satellite this spring. No cable out this far, and I doubt they will run it for a few customers.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 07:46 PM

Yeah, seeing you swimming after them under the ice in a Speedo and holding a spear gun would definitely stress them out! Come to think of it, that image stresses me out a little bit!

Go Steelers!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 07:49 PM
Actually, I really am not concerned who wins. But the Steelers were my favorite team as a kid.

JKB, I knew there was something about you that I liked!

I'll probably get satellite this spring. No cable out this far, and I doubt they will run it for a few customers.

At least you get ABC! We've got nuthin', though it's by choice. Haven't had TV for over 5 years now. It's only tough during college football season. Fortunately, my neighbor is always looking for someone to watch games with so if I'm jonesing particularly badly, I've got a source! That's where I'll be parked tonight.

Yeah, seeing you swimming after them under the ice in a Speedo and holding a spear gun would definitely stress them out! Come to think of it, that image stresses me out a little bit!

Go Steelers!

The fact that you have an image of me under the ice in a speedo is troubling. grin
Posted By: JKB Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 08:53 PM

Go Steelers!

The fact that you have an image of me under the ice in a speedo is troubling. grin

You in a speedo would probably blind all that is good and honorable laugh
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 08:59 PM
No shortage of beer going down here.

And you do care who wins. The Steelers, Man, the Steelers...
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 09:05 PM

Go Steelers!

Yes, yes it is, indeed! grin
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 09:08 PM
No shortage of beer going down here.

And you do care who wins. The Steelers, Man, the Steelers...

There. Let me fix that for you. Probably can't do it the right way on a cell phone from Argentina.

And, probably, you don't want us to cry for you, in Argentina? grin
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 09:24 PM
No, never. Never.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 09:30 PM
I'm two hours ahead down here, but don't worry, I won't give away the score!
Football is the number 1 sport in Argentina, I'm sure Sunil will have no problem watching the game, ---- Oh I'm sorry football means soccer, well it's all the same. grin
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 09:40 PM
I'm two hours ahead down here, but don't worry, I won't give away the score!

Whew! I was afraid that might ruin it for the rest of us. Those darn time zones just make a huge mess of things sometimes, don't they??!!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 09:46 PM
A si, pero aqui, los Argentinos intienden futbol Americano.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/06/11 11:02 PM
Sunil, tell me who wins asap, so I can get down a large second half bet here!!!!
Posted By: esshup Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 01:03 AM
Psstt, Todd. One word. TURNONVERS!!! laugh

It's showing on the local FOX station here.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 01:28 AM
Dang, I had to leave the bar I was at. Too many danged Packers fans.

Back at the hotel with my friends Quilmes and Corona.

Man, we need to bring it on!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 03:07 AM
Well, I guess I can wear my cheesehead to work tomorrow!

Good game!
Posted By: esshup Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 03:13 AM
Sunil, they didn't bring enough. I was a bit concerned with 2 minutes left tho.

O.K. now to see some pictures of cheesehead hats....... Todd? laugh
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 03:28 AM
Crap.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 03:29 AM
Crap.

(No, that wasn't a technical glitch. I said it again.)
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 03:29 AM
Friggin' turnovers killed us. Can't win any game, let alone a Super Bowl, like that when you're playing a quality opponent.

I am humbled. Let the gloating begin. That is what I would have been doing had it been reversed.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 03:30 AM
Have I mentioned it yet?

Crap.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 03:31 AM
Oh, well. We still have 6 - count 'em, s-i-x - Lombardi Trophies. Can't be too terribly upset.

Aw, who am I kidding. This absolutely sucked.

Crap.
Posted By: esshup Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 03:39 AM
That's O.K. Todd. When the Steelers look at the trophies, they are reminded who the trophy is named for, and what team he coached. grin

I'll bet we could take up a collection to send you a cheeshead! That way you won't have to sully Kens and you'd have your own for future games. You and Sunil could share custody of it.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 04:39 AM
That's what I'm talking about!! Go get em Packers!! Bringing it home!!! smile
Posted By: RC51 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 04:41 AM
Friggin' turnovers killed us. Can't win any game, let alone a Super Bowl, like that when you're playing a quality opponent.

I am humbled. Let the gloating begin. That is what I would have been doing had it been reversed.

Hey Todd your a good sportsman!! At least your an honest one anyway!! smile I won't gloat to much! As I know how it hurts I been there!!!
Posted By: ceadmin Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 06:23 AM
I'll gloat! The Packers win, even with all the dang penalties, injuries and lack of being better than they showed!

But the PACK beat the STEELERS in Super Bowl 45! Thats 4 of 5 for us and you can never take away the fact we won the first 2 super bowls!

I love it and got to rub the neighbors' face in it (not literally just having fun)!
Great game decided, like most championships, by mistakes.

I saw a pregame interview of Packer fans. The question was how they liked Fort Worth. The response was that they would like it better had they brought coats.

In the last 2 minutes you had to figure that Big Ben just might be able to do it again.
I won $20 on that game. Would won $200 I had packs by 7 oh so close..
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 12:31 PM
I'm brutalized.

Congratulations Packers!

(crap)
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 03:30 PM
I'm brutalized.

Congratulations Packers!

(crap)

cry cry cry
Posted By: JKB Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 03:37 PM
I'll bet that Turnovers will be banned from every pastry shop in PA laugh
I like that.
Posted By: Clayton Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 04:10 PM
Cherry turnovers are my favorite.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 04:19 PM
Yeah I stood for half the game and my stomach was in knots at the end!!!! Whew!!!! We did it though. The whole dang stadium held more people than the population of Green Bay!!! That stadium must be an awesome site to see!!!

Go Pack Go!! Back to back!!! smile
Posted By: esshup Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 05:21 PM
I saw where the fire marshall didn't allow some ticketholders to sit in their designated seats because of safety concerns. With a sold-out crowd, how was the NFL going to find other places for them? With all the other expenses related to the game, just refunding the ticket price wouldn't be enough for me.

How'd that happen in the first place?

Not selling turnovers in PA. is a good one! laugh Yesterday Steele turnovers were my favorites.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 06:01 PM
The NFL stated they would give them back triple the cost of the their ticket! Most people just wanted a seat! I mean they traveld 18 plus hours by car!! Yuck! I guess the seats were put in last second for more people and then they found a structure issue in that section so they would not let them in as they were afraid the whole dang thing might come down! That would not have been good!!! It's not worth seeing if I end up dead!! Or with a broke neck or back.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 06:07 PM
Yeah, having a maiming-type of injury would really take from a Packers fan's feeling of satisfaction.
The outcome of this game was predetermined before the opening kickoff.

The lives of GSF were threatened based upon the outcome of the game. This was completely unacceptable to the GSA. Accordingly to demonstrate that the GSA will not be threatened based upon the outcome of sporting events we made sure that Greenbay won the game.

Also Greenbay has the word Green in it and therefore they are obviously paying homage to Green Sunfish.

In addition Greenbay's uniforms were green with yellow highlights, much like the magnificent Green Sunfish, once again obviously in homage to our beloved GSF.

Any destruction of GSF based upon the outcome of this game will be dealt with with extreme prejudice. We shall replace any destroyed GSF raised to the third power.

We take any and all threats to GSF very seriously. Death to infidels.

Posted By: RC51 Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 07:37 PM
JHAP!!! You know it!!! Well said, well said!! smile
I didn't watch the SB, but from what I've heard a Green Sunfish would have done a better job with our National Anthem, and at half time they could have flopped around on stage while being electro shocked.
Now that I would have watched. shocked
Posted By: Rainman Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 07:57 PM
JHAP, I have to admit I'll feel just a little sad this spring when I sterilize a 2 acre GSF infested pond for a customer.

Who am I kidding! I should be paying him...like hunting in a high-fence operation! grin
Posted By: esshup Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 08:04 PM
Rex, trap and seine them, then ship them to JHAP COD. Alive. laugh
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 08:42 PM
JHAP, hang on. I said I would kill Green Sunfish if the Packers won.

So, let the eradication begin.

Now, I don't think I have any in my pond, so I have to come to your pond, JHAP. Don't worry, I know where the game cameras are located.
Posted By: JKB Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 09:36 PM
I dont think anyone in GB likes GSF either. JHAP must be testing out the new Bath Salts available. Plus, I think Cecil's new Novel, Fiction, Drama... Crashed the Death Star in Maine someplace! laugh
Posted By: JKB Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 09:50 PM

Now, I don't think I have any in my pond, so I have to come to your pond, JHAP. Don't worry, I know where the game cameras are located.

You did not trip up on your words. It is supposed to be this way! It is a sign from above for you to carry out your purpose in life! Now Do It! And, be relentless!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 09:56 PM
I'll need your help, JKB.
Posted By: david u Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 10:03 PM
Those of us in North Texas hope the Steeler/Packer fans had a reasonably good time in our area. The weather stunk, but that couldn't be helped. I may not speak for everyone here, but there is some satisfaction that all did not go well. Everything Cowboy's owner Clint Murchison & Coach Tom Landry were, well Jerry Jones is not...du
Originally Posted By: adirondack pond
I didn't watch the SB, but from what I've heard a Green Sunfish would have done a better job with our National Anthem, and at half time they could have flopped around on stage while being electro shocked.
Now that I would have watched. shocked

Actually I only watched the first half but I tuned in a few minutes after the opening kick off so I missed the National Anthem snafu (or more precisely fubar). I only heard about that on this morning's news. Jeez, you'd think if you were chosen to sing the national anthem on a huge TV venue that you would ensure that you knew the words.

Originally Posted By: Rainman
JHAP, I have to admit I'll feel just a little sad this spring when I sterilize a 2 acre GSF infested pond for a customer. Who am I kidding! I should be paying him...like hunting in a high-fence operation! grin

May your tighty whities shrink four sizes in the dryer.

Rex, trap and seine them, then ship them to JHAP COD. Alive. laugh

We would gladly accept the shipment and we would raise them to acceptable sizes and redistribute them to ponds across the country.

Now, I don't think I have any in my pond...

That will be remedied shortly. I'm expecting a new shipment of GSF shortly.

JHAP must be testing out the new Bath Salts available.

Wow current events!
No new bath salts but I do have a new shipment of Hot Tub Tropical Scents, I wonder if that will work?

So for those of you that watched the half time show, I heard the Black Eyed Peas bombed, thoughts?

Posted By: JKB Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 10:29 PM
Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond

So for those of you that watched the half time show, I heard the Black Eyed Peas bombed, thoughts?

Now he wants to be Normal grin
Posted By: JKB Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/07/11 10:33 PM
I'll need your help, JKB.

No problem Sunil. First salvo launched! (I think)
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/08/11 02:26 AM

Oooh boy!

Sunil, do you remember this picture?

and, this serene picture?

and, this picture before dinner?

Well, we hid pictures like this from you:

We were afraid you might go whacko on us!

Posted By: Rainman Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/08/11 03:11 PM
That last photo was during Sunil's inspection to verify no GSF had hitched a ride to his pond!
Now he wants to be Normal grin

I have no desire to be "normal." Besides who here is really capable of judging normal.

Oh and BTW I downloaded and watched the half time show last night. That had to have been one of the worst half time shows I've seen in quite a while.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/08/11 10:26 PM

it was so bad, I found myself pining for the Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake show

(perhaps my perception was blurred by the 13" diagonal tube TV in the 120 sq ft shed at the pond project.....then again, nah)
Posted By: JKB Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/08/11 11:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Brettski

it was so bad, I found myself pining for the Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake show

(perhaps my perception was blurred by the 13" diagonal tube TV in the 120 sq ft shed at the pond project.....then again, nah)

I liked the one where Aerosmith played. The Janet Jackson gig was intentional to get ratings. And this year, with all the mistakes, Google will be raking in some serious cash!

Failure is profitable!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bring on the Steelers!! I am ready!! - 02/09/11 01:48 AM
I think it was intentional also.

As a man, I really can't answer the question, but...why wear that thing Janet was wearing unless you wanted someone to see it?

Now, granted, she had many millions of people see it, but...
Sunil, do you really have to ask that question?

Jeff, I can judge normal over a wide range. Just pick which end you want evaluated. I'll answer and send my invoice.
© Pond Boss Forum