Pond Boss
Posted By: heybud Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/02/10 03:21 PM
Knee-braska is home to the world's lagest ball of stamps.

Largest Ball of Stamps, Boys Town, NE
Weighing in at 600 pounds and measuring 32 inches in diameter, this ball of stamps is the work of the Boys Town Stamp Collecting Club. Currently on display at Leon Myers Stamp Center in the Boys Town Visitors Center, it was built in the 1950s and is composed of approximately 4,655,000 postage stamps. This makes it simultaneously the largest ball of stamps and the largest ball of dried saliva. —Adam McCulloch
Posted By: Omaha Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/02/10 03:31 PM
That's like 10 minutes from my house. I'll have to run up there some time and take a picture. laugh
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/02/10 03:33 PM
Take photos Omaha, but don't touch it, that's a lot of dried saliva. sick
Posted By: Omaha Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/02/10 03:55 PM
Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
Take photos Omaha, but don't touch it, that's a lot of dried saliva. sick

If any are coming off am I obligated to lick and reapply in the spirit of keeping the world record in Nebraska?
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/02/10 04:00 PM
Trust me; there's no shortage of saliva in my life.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/02/10 04:01 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh

Yes but have you formed it into a large ball and...

...never mind, I really, really, don't want to know.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/02/10 06:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
Trust me; there's no shortage of saliva in my life.

That was just wrong! shocked laugh
Posted By: heybud Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/02/10 06:51 PM
Since Bruce has a large amount of saliva at his disposal, maybe he could donate some so more stamps could be added.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/02/10 07:26 PM
You bring the stamps, we'll provide the saliva. The perfect marriage of two different businesses...dentistry, and postal delivery.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/02/10 08:22 PM
Waste not; want not. Bruce is a model in efficiency and his sensitivity to preserving the environment through the reuse of resources should be commended. It's a brilliant use of excess bodily fluids - way better than the uses JHAP has invented...
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/02/10 09:15 PM
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Waste not; want not. Bruce is a model in efficiency and his sensitivity to preserving the environment through the reuse of resources should be commended. It's a brilliant use of excess bodily fluids - way better than the uses JHAP has invented...

When I first read this, I laughed. Then I threw up in my mouth a little bit.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/02/10 09:31 PM

excellent - it's all falling into place now....
Posted By: Dwight Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/02/10 10:00 PM
spit ball by any other name.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/02/10 10:11 PM
I wonder if George Costanza's fiance played a roll in this?
Posted By: james holt Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/03/10 02:42 AM
I have a joke for Bruce. A dentist decided to take a class on auto repair. For the final exam the instructor had the students reassemble an engine. The dentist got his grade back and it was 150 points. He went to the instructor and asked him how he got such a high grade. He told him that he gave him a 100 for doing a perfect job on the engine and another fifty points for doing it through the tailpipe.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/03/10 02:44 AM
Ain't that the dang truth! crazy
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/03/10 03:35 AM
I thought that joke was suppose to be about a Proctologist. grin
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/03/10 12:57 PM
you mean the proctologist that reached into his pocket and pulled out a thermometer and said "damn some ah*#* has my pen"?
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/03/10 04:51 PM
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
It's a brilliant use of excess bodily fluids - way better than the uses JHAP has invented...

Oh sure mock me now but we'll see whose laughing last when I perfect the urine to biodiesel formula and start my PP Petroleum global empire.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/03/10 04:59 PM
I even have a company advertising slogan...

"PP Petroleum, because wee can take you where you need to be."
Posted By: esshup Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/03/10 05:13 PM
So THAT'S where they got the idea of injecting urea into the exhaust system for cleaner burning?
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/03/10 07:42 PM
I love this...I'll be your first customer.

Someone out there [Cecil or Esshup] has have some update on the progress of researching water as a fuel...aren't they trying to extract the H molecule and use it as fuel?
Posted By: esshup Re: Bruce has been keeping a secret - 08/03/10 09:52 PM
Not me. I looked into making BioDiesel but the lack of a heated outbuilding put a crimp on building a processing system.
© Pond Boss Forum