Pond Boss
Posted By: TOM G Nightmare at Toms - 03/09/10 08:13 PM
Whew!!!Finally got rid of the garbage infecting my computers and my wife opens an email that reinfected everything again.I think weve got it under control now.
Ive got more antivirus,antispy,antitrojan,anti anti than I can shake a stick at,but Im up and runiing at work and home now.Hopefully I will be able to get back and spend some time with all my friends here again.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Nightmare at Toms - 03/09/10 08:20 PM
note to Sunil: use stronger viral attachments
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Nightmare at Toms - 03/09/10 08:36 PM
Well congratulations Tom. We're glad to have you back.

Oh and BTW, I had nothing to do with the email that re-infected Tom's computer even though such action on my part would be fully understandable given Tom's proclivity to place explosive devices adjacent my Pond Boss conference chairs.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Nightmare at Toms - 03/09/10 08:41 PM
Joe,My computer guy,did metion seeing a GSA logo on one of the trojan spyware thingys.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Nightmare at Toms - 03/09/10 09:15 PM
 Originally Posted By: TOM G
Ive got more antivirus,antispy,antitrojan,anti anti than I can shake a stick at,but Im up and runiing at work and home now.

Everything but antiperspirant.
Posted By: RAH Re: Nightmare at Toms - 03/09/10 09:22 PM
That's why I'll only buy Macs from now on.
Posted By: JKB Re: Nightmare at Toms - 03/09/10 09:50 PM
Joe,My computer guy,did metion seeing a GSA logo on one of the trojan spyware thingys.

If you saw that, you have no hope! Burn it all and start anew!
Posted By: esshup Re: Nightmare at Toms - 03/10/10 12:57 AM
Good to see you back Tom!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Nightmare at Toms - 03/10/10 02:55 AM
Nice work Tom...Forum has been notably lacking your explosive personality since you were away. You owe us several informative posts in order to catch up. Or, at the very least, several posts disparaging the value of GSF and anyone loco enough to actually stock them.
Posted By: bobad Re: Nightmare at Toms - 03/10/10 03:28 PM
Ive got more antivirus,antispy,antitrojan,anti anti than I can shake a stick at,

You'll need it, because there are anti-anti viruses out in the wild. First thing they do is go deactivate McAfee, Norton, Comodo, Malwarebytes, Kasperski,etc, and have their way with your computer. They can be stopped easily, but you have to push the "Block" button when your security software first warns you.
© Pond Boss Forum