Pond Boss
Posted By: burgermeister 5 yrs. and counting - 03/03/10 07:47 PM
Dang, I was gonna ring in my 6th yr. beginning on this one of a kind forum, but was probably too busy hijacking threads.

No, all seriousness aside, it has been quite a trip. I have learned an emmense amount of information for free; enjoyed some great humor, met many on here that I am proud to call my friends.
And, from the bottom of my heart, am truly sorry for the half dozen or so posts that may not have been as informative and enlightening as they should have been. Also please excuse me for not always posting a silly little face when a post was tongue-in-cheek, or whatever.
Long live Pond Boss magazine and forum. Thanks for the ride, Mr. Lusk et al.
Posted By: ewest Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/03/10 08:01 PM
Me too Burger. You first arrive on line on 2-27-05 and I got here a few days later 3-8-05. It’s been a great journey.

Hey guys no twins jokes either. \:D
Posted By: rmedgar Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/03/10 08:03 PM
rookies.....
Posted By: rmedgar Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/03/10 08:05 PM
just kidding, you two are very informative and funny. \:\)
Posted By: ewest Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/03/10 08:07 PM
Yep DD1 ( in his prior name DD) has been around since early 02 and probably before that on the old version. \:o

There are a few 02s and a bunch of 04s around.

Several 4-22-02s so that must be the start date.
Posted By: Sunil Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/03/10 09:43 PM
Happy aniversary, Burger!

Glad to know you (no, I mean really)!
Posted By: Wood Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/03/10 09:57 PM
Good post Burger. Although I've never had the pleasure of meeting anyone here, and I am not a prolific poster, I do stop by and read this forum often and enjoy the familiar people and new arrivals with their stories of ponds and life in general. I like the fact that there are a bunch of people that I feel I have known for quite some time which is fairly unique in the computer world.
Posted By: Omaha Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/03/10 09:58 PM
Happy Anniversary Burger!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/03/10 10:28 PM
You da Man
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/03/10 11:00 PM
from one rookie lunker to a veteran lunker, congrats burger.

well maybe i'm a sophmore lunker....
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/04/10 12:20 AM
 Originally Posted By: burgermeister

And, from the bottom of my heart, am truly sorry for the half dozen or so posts that may not have been as informative and enlightening as they should have been.

Congrats Burger, I enjoy your sense of humor.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/04/10 12:56 AM
Congrats Burger!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/04/10 02:02 AM

And, from the bottom of my heart, am truly sorry for the half dozen or so posts that may not have been as informative and enlightening as they should have been.

I've never let that stop me!

I've even been known to post things that caused a little heartburn. ;\)
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/04/10 02:42 AM
Who, you? Nah.

Actually Cecil and I were a few of the early posters on the previous site. Cody showed up not long after. One of my old PB mags has a small ad saying to watch out for the Forum that they were going to put on.

That was when I was so ignorant about ponds that I didn't know it.

Now I've learned enough to know just how little I've scratched the surface.
Posted By: Brettski Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/04/10 11:37 AM
Been a good ride, Burgermeister. Your astrology lessons are further proof of your high caliber postology as you pushed the envelope of learning within this forum. Sometimes I yearn for the good ol' days.
Posted By: ewest Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/04/10 02:59 PM
B'ski please don't start acting "old" on us. \:D

Winter is a long time going. We have miles to go before we rest.
Posted By: george1 Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/04/10 03:13 PM
Congrats Burger!!!
Hey, george was a member in 2002 and they got uppity on me and I had to change my name to george 1, so does that count?
Actualy I was lurker on the old Q&A black and white site but didn'get up the nerve to post until the new site was formed.

I knew the names of Lusk, Baird, Cody, and Davidson, not realizing that some day they would become my freinds.

Thanks Bob Lusk - Cecill Baird - Bill Cody - Dave Davidson for the memories!
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/04/10 04:32 PM
Congratulations Burger!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/05/10 04:07 AM
 Originally Posted By: george1
Congrats Burger!!!
Hey, george was a member in 2002 and they got uppity on me and I had to change my name to george 1, so does that count?
Actualy I was lurker on the old Q&A black and white site but didn'get up the nerve to post until the new site was formed.

I knew the names of Lusk, Baird, Cody, and Davidson, not realizing that some day they would become my freinds.

Thanks Bob Lusk - Cecill Baird - Bill Cody - Dave Davidson for the memories!

Same here George. Thanks for the kind words.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/05/10 04:20 AM
You know, that's too funny. When Dave used to have a tag line...'been logged on since before PB was in color"...I thought that was just a joke.
Congrats to all you dudes with nothing better to do. \:D You guys are still the backbone of the forum.

Brettski, the atrology sessions just would not be the same anymore.

Just note...Pluto is no longer even a planet. Several of Jupiter's moons are on shaky ground. U'ran-us...who knows what it's fate will be. No more tin foil pointy hats, no more streetlight gazing, no more foil lined work shops. I too yearn for the good ole days.
Posted By: Brettski Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/05/10 09:41 AM
U'ran-us...who knows what it's fate will be.

wish I had a nickel for every time an attorney told me that one
Posted By: ewest Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/05/10 10:34 PM
Just be glad the judge did not point at you from the bench and say " boy your _____ is mine now". That is when you know you are in trouble. \:o
Posted By: Dwight Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/06/10 03:16 AM
 Quote:
no more streetlight gazing, no more foil lined work shops.

Burger, That sounds like college to me, without beer. You are holding the pebble, man.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/06/10 04:43 AM
 Originally Posted By: ewest
Just be glad the judge did not point at you from the bench and say " boy your _____ is mine now". That is when you know you are in trouble. \:o

Have you had that happen Eric? \:o
Posted By: ewest Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/06/10 02:12 PM
Nope but I have seen it happen. It was warranted in the situation.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/06/10 03:11 PM
Could hae been a line from "My cousin Vinny."
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/07/10 01:38 AM
Congrats Burger - I always look forward to your take on a thread...no one will ever accuse you of jumping on the bandwagon - and for that I'm grateful.

Posted By: burgermeister Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/07/10 03:43 AM
thanks, TJ, and all. Does that make me a contrarian, or just contrary?

Next up with an anniversary, Ewest, on Monday.
Posted By: ewest Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/07/10 01:58 PM
Mine is here with yours Burger.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/08/10 11:31 AM
Eric, another way to tell you're in trouble is when a backwoods sheriff looks at you and says "You're not from around here are you".
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/08/10 01:30 PM
My favorite was when a judge found out a guy had lied under oath about his income to get a court appointed attorney. The judge hooked his little pinky to the corner of his mouth, and in his best Dr. Evil impression said, "Bond, 1 million dollars! Deputies, take him away..."
Posted By: burgermeister Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/08/10 03:56 PM
I would like to congratulate Eric (Ewest) on his 5 yrs. of highly informative service on the forum. He jumped right in, and never looked back. I was glad to see a 'home boy' sign up just after me; we dont see many Mississippians on the forum. Maybe more lurkers since they are closing the Miss. wildlife forums.
Eric is a one of a kind; easy goin'. but no nonsense(but he can be a funny guy), When Ewest talks(or posts), people should listen. I know, I use too many parenthetical phrases.
Actually, the congrats belong to the forum members for having him on the team.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/08/10 04:34 PM
Well said burgermeister. Eric and his wife are IMHO the epitome of a southern gentleman and southern belle. Our forum is a much better place largely in part due to Ewest. And yes he does have quite a sense of humor, after all he did let me captain the conference pontoon boat which either illustrates a terrific sense of humor or a complete lack of judgment. \:D
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/08/10 05:01 PM
thanks for all you do eric. between you and cody, DD1 and theo, you guys sure helped me along when i first joined, and i'll always remember that.
Posted By: ewest Re: 5 yrs. and counting - 03/09/10 03:23 AM
Thanks guys. Nothing better than helping friends with ponds.

Pond thought for the day. Ponds like mirrors reflect the quality and beauty of what is around them - take the time to see and share in the reflection.
© Pond Boss Forum