Pond Boss

Evidently the temperature in the refrigerator at the cabin got just a little low.
What exploded ?
Pretty much everything! This was after I had cleaned half of it up!
Been there done that and it ain't fun cleaning up!
Was it just the fridge or did the water pipes take a hit as well?

That's a mess for sure, but I've seen worse!
looks like the 19 cu ft frostfree Dahmer model
ick!
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
ick!

What do you think I cleaned out first?! \:\)

It was the fridge in the Morton building, so the only other water is a frost free hydrant.
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
ick!

Yes, that's the Meatlover 2000. They cost an arm and a leg, but the side-by-side feature gives lots of head room.
You know you're in the wrong part of the country when you have to buy an ultra insulated frig. to keep the cold outside it. \:o
 Originally Posted By: burgermeister
You know you're in the wrong part of the country when you have to buy an ultra insulated frig. to keep the cold outside it. \:o

Ain't that the frickin truth?!
At least the DMD looks safe.

I turn off the fridge in my unheated machinery shop every Winter, leaving nothing in it but the 2 liter bottles filled with water that are there for thermal mass.

Every Winter, the frozen ones in the freezer section thaw.
May be hard for you guys to believe but I've had the same thing happen in the fridge of my White Trash Trailer House. It was beer that blew. That doesn't often happen in Texas.
Looks a lot like the fridge at work!
Randy, that is funny!!!
agreed; it busted me pretty good
can I get a sicko count?
Found this out myself this year. My "Bait-N-Beer Fridge" in my garage took a hit.
That looks very familiar. I drink a lot of diet Coke and I swear it has a freeze point higher than 32 degrees. Then my wife bought me a fridge designed for garages, that actually heats when the temp gets too low. It's a very strange feeling to reach into the fridge to get a drink and it feels warm inside compared to the temp in the garage.
no more frozen beer

That ain't nothing!

Imagine, Dec. 19-08 next door company closes. They pull the plug on everything electrical.

Fridge and Freezer were full of half eaten lunches, pizza's, lunch meat, condiments...well you get it.

Someone had a brilliant idea of throwing a towel over the doors so they would not close, and they had not cleaned out the unit.

Now, this shop was located off the beaten path, so critters were abundant.

Imagine, another six months pass till the auction - It was PUTRID Plus the thousands of mouse turd's covering everything, and really was Gross to the point you went

Anyway, someone bought it for 130.00. I hooked up a hose and pointed them to the dumpster, as I felt sorry for them.

I still get the dry heaves thinking about it
 Originally Posted By: JKB
That ain't nothing!

Imagine, Dec. 19-08 next door company closes. They pull the plug on everything electrical.

Fridge and Freezer were full of half eaten lunches, pizza's, lunch meat, condiments...well you get it.

Someone had a brilliant idea of throwing a towel over the doors so they would not close, and they had not cleaned out the unit.

Now, this shop was located off the beaten path, so critters were abundant.

Imagine, another six months pass till the auction - It was PUTRID Plus the thousands of mouse turd's covering everything, and really was Gross to the point you went

Anyway, someone bought it for 130.00. I hooked up a hose and pointed them to the dumpster, as I felt sorry for them.

Now I don't feel so bad. LMAO!
Wasn't there a meat processing company out in the Western Mid-West states a few years ago that went belly up and just walked away from the whole deal, leaving the meat behind to rot? IIRC it just about bankrupt the town to clean it up. They couldn't leave it because it stunk so bad.
I will say, cleaning up a drop freezer that stopped working that was full of rotting meat is brutal. It really does make you wanna puke... My experience with that made me decide I really needed a freeze alarm for my drop freezer!
My cousin works a weird shift, 3 on, 3 off, 4 on, 4 off, 7 on , 7 off, etc. He opened the large chest freezer that he has (well had) to get some meat out to take to the apartment that he stays in when he's at work. He found that it must have quit working right after he got meat out before his last 7 day on shift. (Summer in Casper, Wy) The moose and 2 Mule Deer that he had in there were bad. The homeowners insurance company wanted him to leave the meat in there so an adjuster could come out and verify the qty. of meat. It took them another 3 days to get there, and by that time, well, you know what it smelled like. The adjuster didn't even want to go into the garage where the freezer was. My cousin lucked out, the next door neighbor had contractors at the house who had a forklift. They picked up the whole freezer and slid it into the back of my cousin't P.U. truck. My cousin took it out to a ranch that he knew and backed up to a ravine quickly, slamming on the brakes. (With the ranchers permission)

They shot coyotes for the next month in that area!
 Quote:

I thought only a meal of Sloe Gin combined with Colt 45 Malt Liquor and Slim Jims as the meat caused the dry heaves? ;\)
 Originally Posted By: Dwight
 Quote:

I thought only a meal of Sloe Gin combined with Colt 45 Malt Liquor and Slim Jims as the meat caused the dry heaves? ;\)

That's easy to fix.

You probably have never encountered a pulsating BLOB of Braunschweiger, in all it's colors and aroma's!
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello

Evidently the temperature in the refrigerator at the cabin got just a little low.

In my best Erkle voice....Did I do thaaaat????
I overheard this shouting match coming from my neighbor's yard:

Dad: OH!!! Gah!!! Woooooooh!!!

Son: What?

Dad: You didn't take the fish out of the cooler!

Son: I thought you did!

Dad: Here! Get the shovel! Have fun!
\:D

One company that I worked at had an old secretary that said she liked fish, and would clean them if I brought her some. I did, but it took her over a week to return the cooler. She didn't bother to rinse out the cooler, and it ended up in the trash can. I didn't offer to bring her any more fish after that!
© Pond Boss Forum