Pond Boss
Posted By: n8ly It's a ...........??? - 02/11/10 05:06 AM
Looks like we may be headed to the hospital tonight to deliver our 3rd child. Contractions started at 10:30 pm, now the waiting game begins. We dont know what whether it is a boy or a girl and we dont have names firmly picked out.

I am getting pretty antsy.
Posted By: blair5002 Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/11/10 05:13 AM
Hey nate WOW!!! I wish you luck we are having our 2nd boy in about 3 weeks. Are we good enough friends to see the video of the birth? \:D

I hope everything goes well.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/11/10 11:14 AM
Don't know how many of you guys have seen this. When my last baby was born, it was kinda purple looking and it scared the dickens out of me. I found out that this is common. Then, as oxygen starts entering the lungs and blood stream the baby changes color to light pink and then white. It is the most miraculous thing you will ever see. Very few Mothers ever see it because they are too fagged out to even keep their eyes open. If you are in the delivery room, watch for it. It is unforgettable.
Posted By: Sunil Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/11/10 01:25 PM
We'll be thinking of you and Brooke, Nate.

Best wishes for a smooth delivery.

While I know that you are considering "Sunil" for a name if it's a boy, I can't recommend it.

I felt I was close to naming our boy "Jagger," but my wife was only patronizing me, as I later discovered.

Now, "Jagger Herman" has a nice ring to it.

I also like "Shamus" or the alternate spelling, "Seamus."

If it's a girl, let me suggest "Marissa" or "Betsy."
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/11/10 01:31 PM
Congrats Nate!!! Can't wait for the update!!
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/11/10 01:33 PM
Congrats Nate, I hope it's a safe and quick delivery of a healthy baby.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/11/10 03:03 PM
Congratulations to you and your family! Best of luck and a prayer for a good and uncomplicated delivery!
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/11/10 03:14 PM
Congratulations Natester & family!
Posted By: Omaha Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/11/10 03:55 PM
An early congrats!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/11/10 04:01 PM
 Originally Posted By: n8ly
We dont know what whether it is a boy or a girl and we dont have names firmly picked out.

Anything but Peewee. That's been done.
Posted By: esshup Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/11/10 04:10 PM
Congrats! I hope you've found out by now.
Posted By: Shawn Banks Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/11/10 11:23 PM
I got a text picture message very early this morning from Nate. Although I do know the gender, I'll let the proud papa inform the PB family.

On another note, later this morning Nate informed me that the little one was having some problems and got put into intensive care. He ask for my prayers, so I hope I am not overstepping my bounds by informing you all of this situation, but I do know that Nate would appreciate your prayers as well.

I'm hopeful that the situation will be remedied soon. I'm sure Nate will keep everyone posted when he has time. Thanks for keeping Nate and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Sunil Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/12/10 12:00 AM
Thanks Shawn.
Posted By: esshup Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/12/10 03:09 AM
Thanks Shawn. They'll be in my prayers.
Posted By: Sunil Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/12/10 01:30 PM
I left a message on Nate's cell phone a few moments ago.
Posted By: ewest Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/12/10 01:45 PM
Hopes and prayers for the Herman family.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/12/10 05:02 PM
Shaun thanks for update. I got the txt pic of the new baby but did not know about the troubles. I send txt to Nate that we are praying for him and family.
Posted By: Brettski Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/12/10 05:44 PM
Yeah, his absence from checking in is REALLY creepin' me. Hope and pray.
Posted By: Sunil Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/12/10 05:58 PM
I just spoke to Nate.

They had a baby boy who is named Drake.

They had some issues that are getting worked out, and Nate will let us know once things calm down.

Send you thoughts his way.
Posted By: andedammen Re: It's a ...........??? - 02/12/10 06:06 PM
Prayers are shiped from overseas as well
Posted By: n8ly Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/12/10 11:18 PM

Been a long couple days. Drake has had a few complications and is still in the NICU. I am home now for a quick shower and to spend some time with Mae and Noah and then back to the hospital. Drake is doing great today, but still has a few tests to come back over the next couple days. The biggest one comes back tomorrow morning. He had some ventrical hemorrhaging near his brain that caused a little bit of damage and we find out the extent of the damage Saturday morning.

http://thediaryofalakenerd.blogspot.com/2010/02/drake-my-little-hero.html

He has literally thousands of people across the nation praying for and supporting him and is fighting like a champ. The prayers and support received from you guys are felt and very much appreciated!
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/12/10 11:24 PM
thats awesome n8. congrats from el dorado.
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/12/10 11:25 PM
He looks good, Nate! We're all with you!
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/12/10 11:50 PM
Nate, thanks for all of the news - the blog was very informative.
Hoping and praying for you and all of your family.
Randy
Posted By: Sunil Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/13/10 12:01 AM
Beautiful Baby!

Way to go Mabro!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/13/10 12:02 AM
Congratulations and best wishes.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/13/10 01:36 AM
Nice work, big guy. Get some practice with the squeemish stuff, would ya.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/13/10 01:46 AM
Will be praying Nate, and congrats.
Posted By: Mongo Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/13/10 04:04 AM
What a handsome little fellar!

Holding you & your family in our thoughts & prayers.

Mongo & Joni
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/13/10 12:52 PM
Nate, thanks for the Blog. I couldn't read it all in one shot.

Charlene and I are keeping you and yours in our prayers.

Take care of Brook and the other 2 children.

I once did some research on being a husband and father and found that it is our nature to be fixers. That is good and as it should be.

However, there are some things that have to be turned over to God and the Professionals. Have Faith and spend your efforts and emotions on the people that you can help. Admittedly, this is like saying "Don't think of pink elephants".
Posted By: RAH Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/13/10 01:00 PM
Nate - Our prayers are with you. I have been where you are and it all worked out well for us. Keep the faith!

From some Indiana Herman's
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/13/10 01:25 PM
Big prayers coming from Lincoln, NE! That is a beautiful baby for sure.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/13/10 03:11 PM
Fine looking boy. Already bright eyed. Prolly thinking about ice fishing. Praying for the best medical results.
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/13/10 03:52 PM
Positive thoughts and prayers from N'ville, Nate.

Don't know Drakes particulars, but my partners son had a significant ventricular bleed at birth 15 years ago-sharpest kid you'd ever come across today. Newborns are blessed with tremendous resilience.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/13/10 04:16 PM
Jeff and Ricki are sending your our prayers and love. As you might remember JWHAP worked in NICU for the majority of her 30 years as a nurse. You are in good hands Natester - I can personally attest that NICU staff are great people.

Thank you for posting the information on your blog. We appreciate the update.

If there is anything your pond boss family can do please let us know.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/13/10 08:07 PM
Jeff,
I can picture Ricki being an incredible NICU nurse. The entire staff here has been excellent. Very kind, compassionate and understanding. It seems like they only employ the best of the best down in this unit.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/13/10 08:13 PM
Today the doctor was smiling when we went in for our meeting. He cut right to the chase and before I even sat down he said he had some great news for us!! Ultra sound last night showed some great improvement on the bleeding and his brain and spinal fluid look to be doing great! platelet counts have been doing great too. Doctors cant quite figure out how all this is turning out so good so fast, but I can sure tell you that Brook and I have felt the prayers of many and I know Drake has too.

Still will be here for awhile, but we are very encouraged at the moment!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/13/10 08:19 PM
Whatever you need, just let us know.

Whatever is needed.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/13/10 09:44 PM
Good to hear the good news... Be strong!
Posted By: MikeyBoy Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/13/10 09:57 PM
Prayers from California sent your way.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/17/10 02:00 PM
Drake is doing great. Still got some more tests to come over the next couple days and MRI results to come back today. If all goes well we could be home on Friday with little to know future health problems or ramifications. If all doesnt go well with the tests he will be hooked up to an IV for 6 weeks and will be injected with glanciclovir every 12 hours.

Right before the MRI. They had to sedate him, cause last time he was not cooperative.

Just hanging out:

Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/17/10 02:05 PM
Thanks once again for an update Natester. Continued prayers from California.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/17/10 02:09 PM
Beautiful kid Nate. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your great news with us.
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/17/10 02:50 PM
He is a beautiful and strong little boy! I really feel he will be fine! We are all praying for the best possible outcome! Thanks for keeping us updated. I don't know how you are finding the time and energy to post on your blog and here, but thank you.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/17/10 03:17 PM
KEEPER!
In no time at all, you'll be recording his R/W. Call Grimes; he has the charts and scale.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/17/10 04:21 PM

Posted By: Sunil Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/17/10 04:30 PM
Make sure to stretch the toe to get that extra inch.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/17/10 07:05 PM
I have plenty of time on my hands just sitting at the hospital for 15 hours per day. Even found a somewhat hidden wireless signal I tapped into on Justins mac. My pc doesnt even know the signal exists.

The hospital already has their own relative weight charts here, seems they are a couple years ahead of us fish guys. They go by percentiles though, up to 100%.
Posted By: andedammen Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/17/10 08:01 PM
I have run a check on the origin/meaning of given names in norse/celtic
Drake in norse orgin from Drakin meaning the dragon in celtic it has the same but can also mean duck.
Allan in norse orgin from Alan meaning litle cliff (cliff as in rock/mountain) in celtic it has the same but can also mean harmony handsome and kind.

Sure name Herman orgin from Hær(army) Mann(man) meaning armyleader soldier or man of the army both in norse and celtic

All good strong names

My best wiches for you all
Posted By: Omaha Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/17/10 08:09 PM
 Originally Posted By: n8ly
The hospital already has their own relative weight charts here, seems they are a couple years ahead of us fish guys. They go by percentiles though, up to 100%.

HA! \:D
Posted By: Bing Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/19/10 02:29 PM
Nate: Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Brooke and especially Drake today.

Bing
Posted By: n8ly Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/19/10 09:43 PM
We opted against a pretty serious treatment and were able to bring Drake home today after 8 days in the NICU. He has total hearing loss in his right ear, but his left is still holding up good. We have mucho appointments and checkups and therapy ahead of us, but we are finally out of the hospital and ready start a new chapter.

Your thoughts, prayers, and encouragement were and are greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/19/10 09:54 PM
That boy's going to be bursting at the seams with character. What a kid. Thanks again for the updates Nate, and prayers will continue to come your way.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/19/10 10:04 PM
Glad you & the family are home, Brother.

That's a beautiful baby right there.
Posted By: ewest Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/19/10 10:18 PM
A day to rejoice for safe small blessings(meaning Drake). Hang in there Herman family.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/20/10 03:57 PM
We're glad to hear your son is home! We'll continue thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Beasley Re: Drake Allen Herman - 02/20/10 04:21 PM
Nate, I wish you and your family the best.
© Pond Boss Forum