Pond Boss
Posted By: burgermeister So long, little buddy. - 11/11/09 04:42 PM
\:\(

Toby was sent to a better place, today. My wife had to do the dirty deed in Miss. today. Seems as she always has gotten stuck with these chores.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: So long, litle buddy. - 11/11/09 04:43 PM
I am saddened.
Posted By: Sunil Re: So long, litle buddy. - 11/11/09 04:46 PM
Sorry for your loss, burger.
Posted By: Anna Re: So long, litle buddy. - 11/11/09 04:47 PM
Oh Burger! I am so sorry.

"There is a cycle of love and death that shapes the lives of those who chose to travel in the company of animals. It is a cycle unlike any other.

To those who have never lived through its turnings or walked its rocky path, our willingness to give our hearts with full knowledge that they will be broken seems incomprehensible.

Only we know how small a price we pay for what we receive; our grief, no matter how powerful it may be, is an insufficient measure of the joy we have been given."
(Clothier)
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: So long, litle buddy. - 11/11/09 04:51 PM
Losing a dog is tough! Sorry about your loss...
Posted By: esshup Re: So long, litle buddy. - 11/11/09 05:22 PM
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Posted By: Dwight Re: So long, litle buddy. - 11/11/09 07:18 PM
Sorry to see you go, Toby. Say hi, to Tubby, KOA, Blacky, Samson, and Gizmo when you see them in Dog Heaven.
Posted By: ewest Re: So long, litle buddy. - 11/11/09 07:34 PM
That task is not a dirty deed when done to relieve terminal suffering. Toby will be waiting for you , wagging his tail and jumping with joy , at Rainbow Bridge . Until then remember the good times and be thankful for the journey together. He would not want you to be sad because of him.
Posted By: Cary Martin Re: So long, litle buddy. - 11/11/09 07:45 PM
esshup,

That poem gets me through each time I must let my pet go so they are happy again. Burger, they depend on us to feed them, let them out, play with them, take them to the doctor, and in return they give us unconditional love. That love also requires us to make sure they are happy, healthy safe and out of pain. They know that we know what is best for them.

I'm sure all of my animals (I had to do what you did 4 times last year) are there at the Rainbow bridge to greet Toby. I know they are romping around having a good time waiting for the time for us to show up so they can lick our faces and jump up and say "I Love You Too"
Posted By: Brettski Re: So long, litle buddy. - 11/11/09 08:03 PM
My heart is heavy for you and Mrs Burger. I hope Dbl Burger Jr is fairly insulated from the loss.
-
Indeed, so long little buddy....catch ya at the bridge
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: So long, litle buddy. - 11/11/09 08:25 PM
tough times burger, always so hard to lose such great companions...
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: So long, litle buddy. - 11/12/09 04:58 PM
I'm truly sorry for your loss Burger. Losing a pet is always a very difficult time.
Posted By: FarmerRick Re: So long, litle buddy. - 11/12/09 05:13 PM
So sorry for your loss Burger. A dog is the only animal that love His/her master more than him/herself. The unconditional love given by a dog is so very special. Toby is free of pain now. My wife and I have had to let 7 go in our 36 years and the last one, Abbie, was the hardest of all. Toby and Abbie can play at Rainbow while waiting for us.
© Pond Boss Forum