Pond Boss
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Taxidermist found in geneolgy research - 09/24/09 01:29 AM
Just got this the other night. Apparently a Great Great Aunt, in I believe Iowa, was also a taxidermist around the turn of the 20th century or earlier. (I'll have to check if it was Iowa and the exact time period.) She's Rosa (Hill) Baird.

Where's the fish mounts Rosa!

BTW the relative that is doing a lot of our geneolgy research is a Walker which means we have ties to the Bush's. \:o

No, I am not going there on this site. \:\/
Posted By: davatsa Re: Taxidermist found in geneolgy research - 09/24/09 02:05 AM
 Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
was also a taxidermist around the turn of the century or earlier.

That picture looks pretty old for the year 2000. ;\)

All kidding aside, that's a neat find.
 Originally Posted By: davatsa
 Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
was also a taxidermist around the turn of the century or earlier.

That picture looks pretty old for the year 2000. ;\)

All kidding aside, that's a neat find.

Whoops you've got a point there! \:o I went back and corrected it.
That's a neat find.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Taxidermist found in geneolgy research - 09/24/09 10:36 AM
Is that the Energizer bunny?
So, now you can really say this is in your genes, eh Cecil? \:\)
Posted By: Omaha Re: Taxidermist found in geneolgy research - 09/24/09 02:31 PM
Yeah, that's pretty cool to find a link like that to your relatives.
Very cool find Cecil. Have you found out any other cool factoids about your family in this search?
Posted By: deaner Re: Taxidermist found in geneolgy research - 09/24/09 02:48 PM
It seems Cecil generally turns out with some very interesting articles. Cecil I appreciate your effort and I will leave it to others to dig you.
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
Is that the Energizer bunny?

Sure looks like it. Can I sue for stealing the idea for my deceased relative and collect?
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
Very cool find Cecil. Have you found out any other cool factoids about your family in this search?

How about tight wire circus performers only a couple of generations ago? Complete with a dog that was part of the act.

My dad's side goes back to 1650 with a father and son fighting in the revolutionary war against the British.
So you were the guys shooting at my Hessian forefathers. ;\)
Posted By: TOM G Re: Taxidermist found in geneolgy research - 09/24/09 09:45 PM
Arent those the same clothes you were wearing the last time I saw you? \:o \:D \:D
There's no way I'm looking back at my genealogy. I'm afraid that I might find out that there is a reason that I am the way I am.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Taxidermist found in geneolgy research - 09/24/09 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
So you were the guys shooting at my Hessian forefathers. ;\)

Anybody that wore hats like these should have been attacked. Aren't these the forerunners of tinfoil hats.

Is it just me but doesn't the guy on the farthest left look like one of Theo's ancestors?

That's him - Feldwebel Joachim Gallus. Mercenary NCO and Conehead Wannabee. ;\)
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
That's him - Feldwebel Joachim Gallus. Mercenary NCO and Conehead Wannabee. ;\)

I'll have you know Mister Brettski, that Sasquatch never got past first base on prom night as far as you know.
FYI in case you weren't at the conference, JHAP wore a different Gilley suit to blend in down by Branson.

... and I looked good!
... for JHAP.
© Pond Boss Forum